Sideshow Armored Batman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think with these higher prices for 1/4 PF's will start seeing people buying smaller scales to stay in the hobby... I know i'm thinking twice about buying 1/4 scales statues..

I hear ya. Sign of the times ...unfortunately.

If you're into the comic version and are willing to go smaller scale, DC re-released this cool piece last year.
Dark-Knight-Returns-Superman-vs-Batman-Statue.png

I was thinking about that piece. Something about Batman's pose in that statue that's making me hesitate, tho. Maybe it's the dynamics between him and Supes. Dunno ...still thinking about it.

We are assuming that this is an increase for the sake of an increase. What if this is part of a new license or license addendum between SSC and DC, and it casot them a **** ton of money?? Keaton 89 could have easily been negotiated back when the initial SSC and DC contracts were signed, and done so for less money.

Good point and it could be the case.
Pretty nice statue tho.

I guess this costs more because it's bigger. It seems to me it is as big, if not bigger, than the Luthor figure, just without the super tall base. A bit if that and a bit of character tax. Plus they mention a collaboration with the studio who made the original suit and that may very well have had its own separate cost.

In fact... very derpy comparison with Paint, probably not 100% accurate, but the hunched over Bat seems as big as the upright Lex, or just a tad shorter. It might be me but this arguably has a better value for money than a lot of other stuff gone on PO recently (ie Gamora). Especially for those who can snag the Exclusive locally with no extra fees... and maybe with a 5-10% discount.

8sZQMQy.png

Attachments

• bat.jpg
    bat.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 176
We are assuming that this is an increase for the sake of an increase. What if this is part of a new license or license addendum between SSC and DC, and it casot them a **** ton of money?? Keaton 89 could have easily been negotiated back when the initial SSC and DC contracts were signed, and done so for less money.

Spidey, are you going to blindly defend SS everytime someone simply states the fact that SS products have become progressively overpriced. That is a fact man. If you have the money to blow, good for you. We in the US enjoy the freedom of speech.

Just preordered. Must have. Saw the film for the third time just now and really love it. I see how its not for everyone, but I LOOOOOVED it

I thought they did a fantastic job setting up the Justice League members in the film, was really afraid it would feel forced, but it was all quite native to the story.

Saw the movie.. First half was ok but the 2nd was great.....and Gal Gadot as WW was hot. She pulled it off and I really want a statue made of her.

hated the movie, but I love all things Bats

On the cusp of ordering Red Son Batman, and Affleck Batman

waiting to see Con first

I will wait for in hand pics :lol

A long ways away... but I wouldn't be surprised to see this getting a discount down the road.

After seeing the movie...

I want to order it now! :lol

Can one apply RPs after an order is placed?

I was thinking about that piece. Something about Batman's pose in that statue that's making me hesitate, tho. Maybe it's the dynamics between him and Supes. Dunno ...still thinking about it.

I had similar hangups until I looked at it not as the two struggling but as Superman speeding past Batman before he's able to the get the shot off. It's why he looks confident while Batman, who barely has time to react before he sees the kryptonite gun being crushed, looks comparatively awkward. Robin hiding in the tank base sold me as well.

Spidey, are you going to blindly defend SS everytime someone simply states the fact that SS products have become progressively overpriced. That is a fact man. If you have the money to blow, good for you. We in the US enjoy the freedom of speech.
Freedom of speech swings both ways. You have your opinion as to why prices are higher and in turn he can voice his on why that may not be the case.

Love when other Americans try to use the 1st amendment to shut someone else up on an open forum.

I am gonna wait to order this. Learnt there is no benefit at all to pre ordering right away.

Back