Sideshow Armored Batman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thing is so sexy, but dammit I have no place to put it

I'm so tempted to PO red son Batman as well

A troll will always be a troll.

I don't see the slightest hint of trolling on Spidey's post which you reacted on. Yes SSC prices are going up and that's a fact as you stated, but it's a fact that is definitely caused by another fact anyone but those connected with SSC can only speculate on -- and that's all Spidey was doing. He said "WHAT IF", he was just being open to a possibility (and he stated it without a hint of arrogance and condescension like your response did), and you already saw it as him being an apologist and attacking your first amendment.

And your saying "always a troll" proves you don't know him. Spidey's a valuable and talented member in this forum.

Batman tax.

But true, Capt. Marvel is phenomenal and VERY recent yet only $499.

"Only" $499? LOL just messin' with ya.

But yeah, this guy just turned up for PO at our local distributor, and while the release date is a year from now and I can definitely save up for it it's the price that keeps me from calling the store and have them save me a slot. I think I have about a month to decide (I wish POs are open here as long as it's available @ Sideshow just like how it is to you West-side people). I keep staring at the prototype pics and I keep saying "$530 for this?". Definitely missing the times when $350 got me a detailed diorama base, 2 heads, and 2 hands with different weapons (talking about Hellboy comic PF).

But yeah, this guy just turned up for PO at our local distributor, and while the release date is a year from now and I can definitely save up for it it's the price that keeps me from calling the store and have them save me a slot. I think I have about a month to decide (I wish POs are open here as long as it's available @ Sideshow just like how it is to you West-side people). I keep staring at the prototype pics and I keep saying "$530 for this?". Definitely missing the times when $350 got me a detailed diorama base, 2 heads, and 2 hands with different weapons (talking about Hellboy comic PF).

Uh yeah but uh...

HellboyPF.jpg

Gonna quote myself about pricing because yes. Not to say "omg awesome pricing" but it seems it's pretty much in line with the current going prices.

I guess this costs more because it's bigger. It seems to me it is as big, if not bigger, than the Luthor figure, just without the super tall base. A bit if that and a bit of character tax. Plus they mention a collaboration with the studio who made the original suit and that may very well have had its own separate cost.

In fact... very derpy comparison with Paint, probably not 100% accurate, but the hunched over Bat seems as big as the upright Lex, or just a tad shorter. It might be me but this arguably has a better value for money than a lot of other stuff gone on PO recently (ie Gamora). Especially for those who can snag the Exclusive locally with no extra fees... and maybe with a 5-10% discount.

8sZQMQy.png

I really enjoyed the movie though. Really don't understand any of the hate. Each to their own I suppose.

I know that many people would like to base the amount that SS should charge based on inflation, but you have to realize that there are other factors that weigh in: cost of licensing, cost of materials, labor rates, operating expenses, taxes, shipping, etc. All on top of trying to make a decent margin that makes it worthwhile to stay in business. They also have to account for replacement parts and shipping for those parts. Plus covering the shipping if a customer doesn't like a statue. I know that SS gets pegged as the bad guy every time that they release what's considered as a sub-par piece, however, believe it or not, they do want to make a quality product and have policies in place that protect you if you're unhappy with the final product. Those policies cost them money.

Personally, I would like to believe that SS isn't just gouging buyers because they can. Without knowing what their costs and operating expenses are, it's not possible to be certain, and everyone is free to believe what they want.

I really enjoyed the movie though. Really don't understand any of the hate. Each to their own I suppose.

I second this. LOVED the film and saw it three times already. I take a divisive film like this over the assembly line comedy stuff Marvel craps out any day. To each their own, of course. The genre is in a great place that people with different tastes get stuff they can enjoy.
Pre ordered this already a few days ago. Super excited. My first direct preorder with SSC, actually. I never got an EX before, so I am doubly excited. Couldn't stand the extra months of waiting for the REG to arrive in Europe with this piece.

I don't see the slightest hint of trolling on Spidey's post which you reacted on. Yes SSC prices are going up and that's a fact as you stated, but it's a fact that is definitely caused by another fact anyone but those connected with SSC can only speculate on -- and that's all Spidey was doing. He said "WHAT IF", he was just being open to a possibility (and he stated it without a hint of arrogance and condescension like your response did), and you already saw it as him being an apologist and attacking your first amendment.

And your saying "always a troll" proves you don't know him. Spidey's a valuable and talented member in this forum.

Thank you very much HeuberMichael and I appreciate your kind words. When I read leprechaun's comments I simply realize that he is an "internet warrior". He believes his opinions are actually facts, that all those who disagree with him are trolls, and that in the end he knows it all. I know the type, heck I have been the type on occasion, but he has the right to state his opinion as much as I do. It doesn't impress me at all, but it is what it is.

It's cool you all got each other's back, but these comments are creeping me out. Peace out.

Yeah I realized that as I wrote it LOL.

I know that many people would like to base the amount that SS should charge based on inflation, but you have to realize that there are other factors that weigh in: cost of licensing, cost of materials, labor rates, operating expenses, taxes, shipping, etc. All on top of trying to make a decent margin that makes it worthwhile to stay in business. They also have to account for replacement parts and shipping for those parts. Plus covering the shipping if a customer doesn't like a statue. I know that SS gets pegged as the bad guy every time that they release what's considered as a sub-par piece, however, believe it or not, they do want to make a quality product and have policies in place that protect you if you're unhappy with the final product. Those policies cost them money.

Personally, I would like to believe that SS isn't just gouging buyers because they can. Without knowing what their costs and operating expenses are, it's not possible to be certain, and everyone is free to believe what they want.

All true, however, I just started collecting in 2014 and have around 10 PFs now. It started at $399 for me, but as of late and maybe every new piece, the price has gone up and up. $399 was a steady norm for a bit, there has been no norm since the Modern Age Bats at $429.

Seems a little rapid and steady of a climb. Are they inching toward or experimenting where the price should be? I would think the bean counters could easily say, Ok, we need to sell at 'this' amount to cover, recoup or gain profit with each PF. Not this price hike with each new piece. IMO

I second this. LOVED the film and saw it three times already. I take a divisive film like this over the assembly line comedy stuff Marvel craps out any day. To each their own, of course. The genre is in a great place that people with different tastes get stuff they can enjoy.
Pre ordered this already a few days ago. Super excited. My first direct preorder with SSC, actually. I never got an EX before, so I am doubly excited. Couldn't stand the extra months of waiting for the REG to arrive in Europe with this piece.

:exactly:

Will wait for my reward points then PO :yess:

I really like this statue and I'm considering PO'ing as I loved the movie, but I would actually prefer a PF of the normal suit. Anyone know if there is plans to make one? As I'do rather wait for that if it comes out.

I really like this statue and I'm considering PO'ing as I loved the movie, but I would actually prefer a PF of the normal suit. Anyone know if there is plans to make one? As I'do rather wait for that if it comes out.

You can bet SS will make one. It may be a year or so before we see anything up for PO but with all the other companies releasing BvS statues, they could surprise us and have it at SDCC.

Back