Sideshow Armored Batman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang, $525. Inflation is only like 2% annually for like the last 10 years. SS prices are up easily over 200% in the last 5 to 10 years. Greed man. Putting that aside, it is a very nice looking piece that deserves a better cape.

Dang, $525. Inflation is only like 2% annually for like the last 10 years. SS prices are up easily over 200% in the last 5 to 10 years. Greed man. Putting that aside, it is a very nice looking piece that deserves a better cape.

I was looking it up the other night, and with inflation, a statue that was $250 15 years ago would be somewhere around $300-350 today. Though, while looking at those statues from 10+ years ago I wasn't exactly impressed with the product. I'm sure they were good for their time, but I think SS has come a long ways as far as quality and design on their Premium Format statues. I don't think the prices they're asking for are that extreme. I've seen similar prices on what I consider vastly inferior products from other companies. Now, the pricing on their sixth scale figures is another matter entirely...

I was looking it up the other night, and with inflation, a statue that was $250 15 years ago would be somewhere around $300-350 today. Though, while looking at those statues from 10+ years ago I wasn't exactly impressed with the product. I'm sure they were good for their time, but I think SS has come a long ways as far as quality and design on their Premium Format statues. I don't think the prices they're asking for are that extreme. I've seen similar prices on what I consider vastly inferior products from other companies. Now, the pricing on their sixth scale figures is another matter entirely...

I really don't see an improvement in their product over the last 5 to 7 years. Quality has gone down and they are charging more. Not sure if that makes a whole lot of sense.

That is an exageration. For the prices of these statues to be UP over 200% they would have had to be in the $175-$200 range to start. The original Spiey Com was about $300, Cap PF $280, Thor $350 or so. Now will I say that they are up about 50% over 10 years... Yeah I think that is about right. Now yeah that is out pacing inflation, but so are the cost for the licenses for these things, and the DC statues have always been a bit more expensive.

Fully agree, this piece looks killer, and it outshines a lot of pieces out there.

I really don't see an improvement in their product over the last 5 to 7 years. Quality has gone down and they are charging more. Not sure if that makes a whole lot of sense.

Lol... Then you aren't looking hard enough. Over the last year or two there are a lot more threads with positive quality control, and happy collectors.

Whoa ...that price is crazy! Don't think this piece is worth that much.

Normally I don't buy movie based statues ...but I do like the armored batman from Dark Knight Returns ...and the movie version does look very close to it, so I might considered it. But that price ...yikes.

Maybe to get my fix ...I should just buy the 1/6 scale version from DC Entertainment.
7589abf5e1e456842c19d1dbe0d6a6f243220a2d.jpg

Not a bad looking PF ... good use of mixed materials, light up feature, and cool pose.

Normally I don't buy movie based statues ...but I do like the armored batman from Dark Knight Returns ...and the movie version does look very close to it, so I might considered it. But that price ...yikes.

Maybe to get my fix ...I should just buy the 1/6 scale version from DC Entertainment.

I think with these higher prices for 1/4 PF's will start seeing people buying smaller scales to stay in the hobby... I know i'm thinking twice about buying 1/4 scales statues..

If you're into the comic version and are willing to go smaller scale, DC re-released this cool piece last year.
Dark-Knight-Returns-Superman-vs-Batman-Statue.png

Was surprised to see it earlier. Not surprised that SSC made one but surprised they put it up on PO this early.

Would love to have this figure being an armored Batman fan from TDKReturns. The only thing that makes me think hard about getting it is the price. I also wish that the figure looks bulkier -- a nitpick -- but I love it overall.

Cool statue. But the movie, DC still have lots to catch up from how Marvel movies. The price is a bit high.

Will see the movie this weekend, aside from that I really like this statue a lot. Only gripes are the cape and price of course, but everything else is awesome. I may PO this, but have to think about it and I am sure I will talk myself into getting it either way. We shall see....

is ss back in the game???

There has been a lot of talk about how that seems to be the case lately. There are way more satisfied customers, fewer QC disasters. And a lot of exciting products coming from and being distributed by SSC.... It is a good time to be a collector

Batman Keaton 399 and this 525... mmmm
With these type of prices Sideshow should move production back to the US and create Jobs for US folks which will
probably deliver a way better product.

Batman Keaton 399 and this 525... mmmm
With these type of prices Sideshow should move production back to the US and create Jobs for US folks which will
probably deliver a way better product.

We are assuming that this is an increase for the sake of an increase. What if this is part of a new license or license addendum between SSC and DC, and it casot them a **** ton of money?? Keaton 89 could have easily been negotiated back when the initial SSC and DC contracts were signed, and done so for less money.

I am stunned that Warner Brothers doesn't realize they need a real story teller to launch things. I mean, Nolan, should have shown them that. Snyder can bring the visuals but he struggles to tell a story. I will be disappointed if they don't at least downsize his role and influence going forward.

Snyder should get an Oscar for directing this movie! Even with a day to think about it, I am amazed he was even able to film such a mess of a script. People need to remember that Snyder isn't a writer. He can only try to make the best of the script he's given, and this script was atrocious.

With that said, these prices are getting crazy.

Back