Premium Format Sideshow amazing spider-man 2 collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like Sideshow might be out of the 1/4 scale movie collectible game altogether. Star-Lord and Rocket cancelled. All Hobbit PF's cancelled. ASM2 Spidey cancelled. Sideshow Igo said on SSF not to expect any AoU PF's. Sounds like they just might be done.

So other than the Iron Man 1/4s (from Legacy no less), it looks like SS had a taste of competition from GG and didn't like the process.

But if these characters are still selling well, why would Sideshow do any different? :dunno

Look at the difference between them. Batman comic PF EX sold out in days, Batman Keaton PF just hit Low quantity on the EX. Superman Comic PF Ex sould out in Weeks, The Reeve PF and Cavil PF(admittedly they have their issues as well) had issues selling through the EX. The more of a single character you put on the market at the same time, the harder it is to sell each new incarnation. So why would you release another Batman PF right now when you still have Comic and Keaton regs readily available? Same thing for any other character.

Look at the difference between them. Batman comic PF EX sold out in days, Batman Keaton PF just hit Low quantity on the EX. Superman Comic PF Ex sould out in Weeks, The Reeve PF and Cavil PF(admittedly they have their issues as well) had issues selling through the EX. The more of a single character you put on the market at the same time, the harder it is to sell each new incarnation. So why would you release another Batman PF right now when you still have Comic and Keaton regs readily available? Same thing for any other character.

I actually don't have a problem with them releasing the same character but in different themes (ie: Comic and Movie Based) when they start releasing a Planet Hulk then a King Hulk in the same pose then its gets a bit tedious. I actually think that for the Keaton Batman, there has been a massive interest but most likely a high majority of collectors will pick it up locally due to not being too bothered about the EX hence why its only just hit LQ. As for the Reeve PF, well I strongly believe that this PF would have got a heck of a lot more interest if not for the chosen pose or as some have said, the dodgy portrait of Reeve. There's a number of big Reeve fans out there that have been waiting for a Superman PF but were left disappointed :(

As for Iron Man...well if Sideshow stopped making every character and just made movie Iron Man statues then it would feel like I'd died and gone to heaven!!!!! :lol :monkey3 As far as I'm concerned, not enough Iron Man statues have been made :dunno :(

Last edited:
You Crazy Andy... Ironman statue is too manyyyyyyy, hahahaha

I have a feeling the Arkham PFs are coming but they're waiting for the Keaton Batman to ship before announcing them for PO. The put the Keaton bats out before thr comic one even shipped and the EX still hasn't sold out. You can over saturate the market with too much of one character in a short period of time.

Arkham PFs - well I don't speculate, I only go by info SS has released, so the last word I read is that they are still coming, which is why when I made that list it was full of items that were confirmed to be cancelled (Extremis Iron Man, Mara Jade) confirmed to be on hiatus (Cable PF), or just delayed with no confirmation of status (Wolverine vs Hulk Dio).

It's just been almost a year since they announced the Arkham license and absolutely nothing has been shown except that original banner for the announcement, along with ASM2 during their 12 days of Sideshow Christmas event. SS needs to stop doing announcements like that altogether. When the big reveal of the day is a license that won't have products for over a year or never at all (exactly half of the list), it's a waste: 12 Days of Sideshow 2013 | Sideshow Collectibles.

As far as what they're waiting for, I don't know, but they had/have 3 Superman PFs up (shipping and POs included) at the same time so I'm not so sure they're waiting for the Keaton to ship. I get what your saying about market saturation, but part of market saturation is available substitutions. For anybody like me, even with 3 Batman PFs the market isn't saturated because 2 of the PFs aren't equal substitutions for the comic version, because my main interest is comic PFs. I'm interested in the Arkahm, but it's no substitute. The DC movie PFs to me aren't even considerable, I ignore that segment of the market completely. Now stepping outside of myself, there's poeple who want movie and no comic, or want the game version only. Not much different than SS currently having 3 Superman PFs available. Same character, but having different versions will segment the market. If they were all comic versions, then there'd be more probability of stuartion due to the amount of avilable substitutions and abundance of items produced (in this case, high ES).

Could be some other reason, like they're just taking a long time like they do for any other statue.

You Crazy Andy... Ironman statue is too manyyyyyyy, hahahaha

Movie yes, but comic no. A lot of people are down for a comic Iron Man PF based on a modern armor.

Even for movie statues, SS doesn't have that many...yet, lol. At least they're looking to do just 1 version of each major armor. Compare that to the amount of figures Hot Toys has done, including battle damaged versions and do overs. Now that's a lot!

Last edited:
Hahahaha, you silly rabbits. HT IM is ridonculous many with every possible way, battle damage, revisit, original, bloody Tony, clean cut Tony. :lol
Comic version it is then, make it SS

Hahahaha, you silly rabbits. HT IM is ridonculous many with every possible way, battle damage, revisit, original, bloody Tony, clean cut Tony. :lol
Comic version it is then, make it SS

:lol @ 'you silly rabbits' :clap :lol

They still haven't made a 'Shawarma' Stark :rock

:lol @ 'you silly rabbits' :clap :lol

They still haven't made a 'Shawarma' Stark :rock
Dude they still haven't even made the Donut eating Iron Stark. How awesome would a maquette of that scene be? Like him in the damn donut :yess:
:lol:lol:lol

Irony is I have no Iron Mans in my collection :thud:
Same, bought my friend the Mark VI LSB and the replacment came with a broken right arm :(

Can't wait to get an awesome figure like that. At this point I'm going to invest in a Legendary Scale figure for myself lol

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Back