Sideshow ALIENS Warrior Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice pics Felipe, but that Alien looks like a string bing compared to the Pred maquette. The detail looks good though

Thx for the comparison pix Felmar. Seems to me that the Alien is a little less than 1/4 scale, seeing as he should really be as big as the Pred when standing, and I'm not getting the impression he would be. (Could be the camera angle though.) Have Sideshow officially quoted a scale for the Alien anywhere?

Thanks B...

Here you go-

4436643288_0cd9544238_o.jpg

I'll get more up later :cool:

Oh....wow... not what I was expecting when seeing the two side by side. The warrior is quite a bit smaller, the lack of the gloss is a bummer to. Still... badass though.

"The size/price ratio" is a huge kick in the teeth, They are really taking us to the cleaners on this. Its funny, i was with my girlfriend at a furniture store the other day and they had a really nice Oak dinning set, huge table 6 chairs on sale for $699. We were talking about it, and i said "maybe in a few months we can get somthing like that". In the back of my mind i was thinking, "So when i get the Warrior ill say... i paid $100 bucks for it, and she should take it pretty well" :lol

For the guys planning on adding "clear coat" to their statues. Is there a particular brand you would/would not recommend to get the proto look? I would imagine doing something like this would be fairly risk free as long as it’s applied evenly and not to thick? I have zero experience in this area, but want the glossy look, any tips would be appreciated.

Thx for the comparison pix Felmar. Seems to me that the Alien is a little less than 1/4 scale, seeing as he should really be as big as the Pred when standing, and I'm not getting the impression he would be. (Could be the camera angle though.) Have Sideshow officially quoted a scale for the Alien anywhere?

Lets not forget the Predator maquette was never truly 1:4 scale, but in fact a little larger. This in itself could cause the Warrior to appear undersized.

Felmar, could you please post one where they are directly side by side? I hope this thing isn't too small. :(

With a little riser under the Alien this would make a fantastic setup. Thanks for the picture. Do you think you could post a picture with them facing each other with the alien on a riser of some sort?

Lets not forget the Predator maquette was never truly 1:4 scale, but in fact a little larger. This in itself could cause the Warrior to appear undersized.

True.

Even so, knowing that collectors would likely want to display the two together, I think the Warrior's scale could have been 'approximated' too. For such a long-awaited and iconic figure, it has a disappointingly low 'wow factor' beside the P1 Maquette. Bigger dimensions would have helped.

I'm still holding out for a pure side by side pic. There is certainly a matter of perspective in those pics. GOD I CAN'T WAIT TILL MINE COMES!

I was searching around the net and not sure of the true sizes but from what I saw

Predator around 7'4"-7'6" 400+lbs
Alien around 6'5"-7'0" 175-225lbs

OMFG Felmar, those vs pics made me want to cry. I have the Alien on the way, but my Predator got traded for last month's rent. I so wanted to display them like that. Here's hoping again that they do a Predator 2 maquette and I can afford it at the time.

Here are some more comparison shots-
I can take a few more tomorrow during the day if you guys want...

They are right next to each other in this shot-
war3.jpg

This is my favorite photo of the bunch...
war4.jpg

from behind :lol
war7.jpg

Some more photos of just the Alien Warrior...
war5.jpg

war6.jpg

:duff

OMFG Felmar, those vs pics made me want to cry. I have the Alien on the way, but my Predator got traded for last month's rent. I so wanted to display them like that. Here's hoping again that they do a Predator 2 maquette and I can afford it at the time.

Nathan...
Rick told me about the transaction..he was a very happy camper! Don't worry, at least your P1 M went to a great home :cool:

Hi Felmar

thanks for all the great pictures !
WHat do you think about the scale compared to the Predator ?

I can finally quit my crying. I got my shipped notice tonight. I'll have my Alien at my door tomorrow. :chew

Felmar,

So, you now Rick too, huh? Yes, my Pred went to a good home. Rick is a great guy. Carlos and I are pretty good friends too. I think there's probably quite a community of collectors all in SoCal here with us. If I had a bigger place I'd invite everybody over so we could all geekout.

Hi Felmar

thanks for all the great pictures !
WHat do you think about the scale compared to the Predator ?
Thanks, Vince..
The Predator is definitely larger in scale..no doubt.
The P1 was also more expensive if I remember correctly. Overall- yes the alien is a bit on the smaller side..but they can still be displayed together and look great!

I can finally quit my crying. I got my shipped notice tonight. I'll have my Alien at my door tomorrow. :chew

Felmar,

So, you now Rick too, huh? Yes, my Pred went to a good home. Rick is a great guy. Carlos and I are pretty good friends too. I think there's probably quite a community of collectors all in SoCal here with us. If I had a bigger place I'd invite everybody over so we could all geekout.
Congrats..will be looking forward to your pics soon :D
Yea, I've dealt with Rick before...he's top notch...he came over several weeks ago and dropped off some pedestals for me...we should all have a GTG :banana

Felipe those pics look awesome!!! Wish i had the money to get it and display it next to my P1 Maquette too but looks like that won't be anytime soon, thanks for sharing!

Back