Sideshow ALIENS Warrior Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it a few hours ago. I'd seen it at SDCC, but I forgot just how big this thing really is. The thread pics just don't do its size justice. Great piece. That earthquake we had last night is my biggest fear with this piece though. Considering the weight of it, it sure doesn't have a very wide base and the wait tends to pull to the front because of the pose. Plans to set him atop my triple decker computer desk got shaken right out of my mind, for sure. I'll take pics later. I'm busy painting another total custom HT Pred.

go on Amazon and order some Earthquake Wax, Museums use it for just such a purpose

Loooove it.

alienwarrior001.jpg

alienwarrior002.jpg

alienwarrior003.jpg

alienwarrior005.jpg

alienwarrior006.jpg

alienwarrior010.jpg

alienwarrior011.jpg

alienwarrior012.jpg

Just got home to my maquette, and wow...

Words and my pictures would not do this justice. I would say for anyone on the fence, pick this up now while it can be had for below retail, because once these are in Aliens fans collections, they may not be coming out. This piece seriously trumps almost everything else in my collection. What a presence! Maybe its that I've never had such a large piece before. This thing is awesome. I can't believe this alien fit into such a moderately sized shipping box too. Seems smaller than the Alien Queen diorama box, but I have not compared them side by side yet.

Seriously, wow... :blissy :blissy :blissy

Congrats, Fremen :clap
Excellent photos I might add :rock

Just got home to my maquette, and wow...

Words and my pictures would not do this justice. I would say for anyone on the fence, pick this up now while it can be had for below retail, because once these are in Aliens fans collections, they may not be coming out. This piece seriously trumps almost everything else in my collection. What a presence! Maybe its that I've never had such a large piece before. This thing is awesome. I can't believe this alien fit into such a moderately sized shipping box too. Seems smaller than the Alien Queen diorama box, but I have not compared them side by side yet.

Seriously, wow... :blissy :blissy :blissy

That's great news, Andrew :banana
And you're totally right about the size of the box...it is a lot smaller than many other boxes for similar pieces.
Looking forward on seeing your pics !

I'm glad the box is small!
It costs a damn fortune to ship to Australia, for every 3 PF's I buy I could have bought another one with the postage cost. It takes up less room in the house too. Hopefully sideshow keep improving their packaging, and the super cheap postage on this of $25 is incredible.
Hope Sideshow know I am grateful. :joy

alienwarrior012.jpg

I saw the Predalien Maquette up close last year while I was in the US.
This gives me a good example of the size, thanks.
Can't wait to get mine!

I like it....but the pictures ive seen of these so far dont look as shinny or slimy as the proto. I dont know if its the lighting or the picture itself....but this piece almost looks like its painted flat black.

Chris

I like it....but the pictures ive seen of these so far dont look as shinny or slimy as the proto. I dont know if its the lighting or the picture itself....but this piece almost looks like its painted flat black.

Chris

Just got mine, the paint app is actually fantastic. Depending on the lighting you see different details in it. Darkly lite it looks black, with a little light it looks green'ish with dark highlights and with a bright light on it you see blue'ish white detailing.

The only thing thats kinda of a letdown is the gloss, but ComputerFly over at statue forum added "Pledge with Future Shine" to his and it now looks like the proto. I will be doing this aswell later today. Anyone interested in that should check the thread over there.

Will post pics later...

JUST WONDERFUL! :mad: :mad: :banghead

After all the waiting, the rationalizing of the price, the overlooking of the edition size "mistake," mine has arrived with an absolutely laughable QC issue.

One of the toenails appears to have been chipped off during manufacturing, and they just sloppily painted silver over it.

This looks just like what QC should be for an $800 statue, right? :rolleyes:

P3202620.jpg

P3202623.jpg

That's one ugly toenail you have there ozz. Mine looked peculiar when it arrived, but admittadly I had never really seen the warriors feet and was not aware that the one toe faces almost backwards. So I checked them out thourougly and everything seemed fine, and did not look in any way like your atrocity.

But I'm sure Bill will take care of you. You're right about the "QC" though. Good luck brother!

Hopefully with the 150 increase in edition size, they will have a good one to send me. :rotfl

JUST WONDERFUL! :mad: :mad: :banghead

After all the waiting, the rationalizing of the price, the overlooking of the edition size "mistake," mine has arrived with an absolutely laughable QC issue.

One of the toenails appears to have been chipped off during manufacturing, and they just sloppily painted silver over it.

This looks just like what QC should be for an $800 statue, right? :rolleyes:

P3202620.jpg

P3202623.jpg

That is just ridiculous.
You should receive an apology first as that sort of thing is just not right. Not very respectful IMO.

Back