SIDESHOW "Alien" Mini-Bust Set (Spooktacular Announcement)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe with a film/alien specific paint app might have worked better for me. There's just not enough variation. If the warrior didn't have the rigid dome, they would have all looked exacty the same from more than two feet back :-/ still, happy you got and like them :)

Detail looks pretty good in those pictures. Not sure about the colour though. For $50 its a good deal and I would bought it too but imo its not worth full price.

Yeah, using flash isn't the best idea with these. In natural light, it's kind of a faux-jade greyish green color (some of the darker individual shots show this).

They look nice, but asking for near 100$ for them is crazy.

Agreed. These are actually pretty cool, but I wouldn't get them without reward points stocked up. Good news is these are likely to end up either as common Spooktacular prizes and/or on the GC eligibility list.

Maybe with a film/alien specific paint app might have worked better for me.

This would've been great. Sadly, I just know Sideshow would've beefed up the price for something like that. It's not an easy sell as it is. Ah, well. At least the jade look will contrast nicely with the Ex. statue line I'm displaying them with.

I don't think the price is so bad considering you are getting 4 of them, at $25 a pop i think that's ok.

I do think they look great but the colour puts me off, if they were painted in the real colours i would have been more interested but then i guess they would be more expensive.

I'll deffo pick em up though if i see them cheaper.

Thanks for the write up and pics!

Yup thanks for postin in hand pics of this. I'm glad you're happy with your purchase. :rock

I for one dislike the green color on them a lot. I don't think I'd even pick these up for $15 bucks tbh but, you like them, so more power to yah!

Yeah, using flash isn't the best idea with these. In natural light, it's kind of a faux-jade greyish green color (some of the darker individual shots show this).

Yeah but its still green! :lol
For $50 I can forgive the colour like I said but it wont cost me that amount so have to pass.

Also many thanks for the in hand photos. Not sooo sure about these 4 pieces.

How / where will you display them?

Also many thanks for the in hand photos. Not sooo sure about these 4 pieces.

How / where will you display them?

The master plan is to use them in my future "tower of Alien" detolf. Every level on the shelf will represent one of the four original movies. Each level will contain the exclusive Sideshow statue for its corresponding movie, the statue's bonus accessory, the mini-bust of that particular Alien design, and that movie's Blu-Ray (the new individual ones with the colorful embossed slipcovers). The idea is to represent all of the films in a complete and consistent way so that I have no need to buy other Alien collectibles. That detolf will be it.

The master plan is to use them in my future "tower of Alien" detolf. Every level on the shelf will represent one of the four original movies. Each level will contain the exclusive Sideshow statue for its corresponding movie, the statue's bonus accessory, the mini-bust of that particular Alien design, and that movie's Blu-Ray (the new individual ones with the colorful embossed slipcovers). The idea is to represent all of the films in a complete and consistent way so that I have no need to buy other Alien collectibles. That detolf will be it.

Great idea! :) :clap

Hope you will do a vid on the tube (if you find the time), subbed you there.

The master plan is to use them in my future "tower of Alien" detolf. Every level on the shelf will represent one of the four original movies. Each level will contain the exclusive Sideshow statue for its corresponding movie, the statue's bonus accessory, the mini-bust of that particular Alien design, and the Blu-Ray of the movie (the new individual ones with the colorful embossed slipcovers) in the back. The idea is to represent all of the films in a complete and consistent way so that I have no need to buy other Alien collectibles. That detolf will be it.

That plan sounding very good. I'm planning to do something similar, on horizontal shelves.

Just to point this fact out, are you aware that SS will eventually release an alien LSB line. Maybe this will fit well to your plan, one of these per shelf.

Awesome idea!
I prob will buy detolf once I got 2 or 3 more statues.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio

Just to point this fact out, are you aware that SS will eventually release an alien LSB line. Maybe this will fit well to your plan, one of these per shelf.

I think I'd need a second detolf for those, but I'd definitely be interested. For now, my Alien collection will more or less feel complete. We'll have to see how the LSB's turn out.

Does the dog even fit in a detolf? I didn't even attempt with mine.

The Res statue fits no problem, you'll have to raise the shelves though for the Big Chap and Warrior though as they are both over 16".

Be cool to see if you can do it though.

Does the dog even fit in a detolf? I didn't even attempt with mine.

The Res statue fits no problem, you'll have to raise the shelves though for the Big Chap and Warrior though as they are both over 16".

Be cool to see if you can do it though.

Yeah the one I seen for £40 in IKEA aint wide enough for the dog so no point me buying it just for Classic Pred and Warrior. Need to wait until I have at least 3 items to store in it.

Yeah the one I seen for £40 in IKEA aint wide enough for the dog so no point me buying it just for Classic Pred and Warrior. Need to wait until I have at least 3 items to store in it.

You'll either have to take out shelves or make risers for the warrior and classic pred, detolfs only do around 15 inches tall.

Get a besta.

You'll either have to take out shelves or make risers for the warrior and classic pred, detolfs only do around 15 inches tall.

Get a besta.

I'm not so sure it's only 15"... the older HT Predators are 14" tall and there's still some good headroom above. Guess I ought to measure the one I'm currently using for the Preds.

I'll be assembling the Alien detolf today, so I'll know how the Dog Alien works, but I'm fairly sure it should be fine. Once again, you can lay the NECA 18" Predator diagonally on the top of the shelf and there are still a few inches both above and below him.
At this point, the height of each shelf is my main concern. I suppose my wooden bookshelves could easily make the display work, but it's not as nifty-looking as a detolf. Plus it wouldn't be much of a tower if I have two statues per level. Ach, I'd better get to it. First I'll do a photo session for some (if not all) of the stuff I haven't taken real pictures of. It's going to be a collectible-focused day today. :yess:

I'm not so sure it's only 15"... the older HT Predators are 14" tall and there's still some good headroom above. Guess I ought to measure the one I'm currently using for the Preds.

I'll be assembling the Alien detolf today, so I'll know how the Dog Alien works, but I'm fairly sure it should be fine. Once again, you can lay the NECA 18" Predator diagonally on the top of the shelf and there are still a few inches both above and below him.
At this point, the height of each shelf is my main concern. I suppose my wooden bookshelves could easily make the display work, but it's not as nifty-looking as a detolf. Plus it wouldn't be much of a tower if I have two statues per level. Ach, I'd better get to it. First I'll do a photo session for some (if not all) of the stuff I haven't taken real pictures of. It's going to be a collectible-focused day today. :yess:

Looking forward to it!
You want one statue per shelf on the detolf?

Back