1/6 Hot Toys - Aliens ALIEN Warrior 2.0 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hot Toys 1/6 Alien Warrior 2.0 is quite impressive on display. I highly recommend it.

Having the original "Big Chap", I hesitated on picking up the Warrior, as I felt I didn't need it but eventually did acquire it and so glad I did.

Articulation is extremely limited but it's not like one would be placing it in Spiderman poses. Simple museum poses are perfect for the alien.

It retailed for $250 so if you can find one for around that price, jump on it.

I don't really mind if its from original Alien or a sequel tbf, as I do like all the movies.

For display, FlyAndFight is right. The 2.0 Warrior from the second movie is beautifully done.

If you want something with more play to it, the Hot Toys AVP Alien Warrior is a great all-around Alien figure if you can find one. Released in 2006, but boasts a good sculpt, paint application, loads of articulation, and measures 16" tall. Rubber deterioration doesn't seem to be a risk with this one, but note that the glossiness will wear off after a while. Aftermarket prices aren't bad, goes for anywhere from $180-$300.

Alien_Warrior_%2528AVP%2529_Action_Figures_03adf236-f00d-44cb-91bc-65275a703d5c.jpg

(eggs not included)

Last edited:
If you want something with more play to it, the Hot Toys AVP Alien Warrior is a great all-around Alien figure if you can find one. Released in 2006, but boasts a good sculpt, paint application, loads of articulation, and measures 16" tall. Rubber deterioration doesn't seem to be a risk with this one, but note that the glossiness will wear off after a while. Aftermarket prices aren't bad, goes for anywhere from $180-$300.

Alien_Warrior_%2528AVP%2529_Action_Figures_03adf236-f00d-44cb-91bc-65275a703d5c.jpg

(eggs not included)
it doesn't have a single feature of an alien in its appearance, it's just a black glossy mutated turkey. even in the movie they looked a bit better.
that's the dumbest $180-$300 wasted ever.

it doesn't have a single feature of an alien in its appearance, it's just a black glossy mutated turkey. even in the movie they looked a bit better.
that's the dumbest $180-$300 wasted ever.

I don't know if I can trust your radar anymore, P. :lol You posted earlier claiming that statues today are cheaply painted and poorly sculpted when we're currently seeing some of the best-looking collectibles ever made.

I don't know if I can trust your radar anymore, P. :lol You posted earlier claiming that statues today are cheaply painted and poorly sculpted when we're currently seeing some of the best-looking collectibles ever made.
not today but always. i guess they hire the cheapest painters they can find.
that P2 statue on a wall is a thing that drives me crazy most. it's painted SO bad that it's an insult. and that's a standart paintjob on statues.
terminator skeletons are painted without any love to terminator or any look at movie stills.
granted, there are several really beautiful alien statues nowadays. but that's all.
anyway, that HT alien above is so inaccurate that i wonder if it was one of first Tsang's jobs. ony first HT A2 is worse in matters of accuracy, he's not even recognizable.

I've never really paid much attention to the AvP aliens (P.'s description as "glossy mutated turkey" is pretty spot on :lol, but that is a problem of the original designs all the way back to A:R), but as a figure, the AvP alien is one of HT's best aliens, if not the best (not that that's saying much).

It's grey with a black wash, and the wash is done nicely. Not the most complex scheme, but what more could you ask for that particular design?

Having that said, I'd love to see a company tackle a large Resurrection Warrior, either in statue or figure form. The actual paint scheme - not that we could really tell in the movie - had these gnarly highlights on the body which gave it an organic, slug-like feel. Would be nice to see that effect replicated.

alienresurrectionlifesizestatuep2-z.jpg

Last edited:
It's grey with a black wash, and the wash is done nicely. Not the most complex scheme, but what more could you ask for that particular design?

Having that said, I'd love to see a company tackle a large Resurrection Warrior, either in statue or figure form. The actual paint scheme - not that we could really tell in the movie - had these gnarly highlights on the body which gave it an organic, slug-like feel. Would be nice to see that effect replicated.

alienresurrectionlifesizestatuep2-z.jpg
no matter how much i hate ADI work on aliens and predators, i cannot deny that this looks interesting and even beautiful. though it's closer to some demons from newest Doom games than to an alien.
i wonder why they filmed them in black color.

A bit late to the game. Got the Big Chap bit what other figures did Hot Toys release?

In regards to "Alien" and "Aliens", quite a number of figures were released by Hot Toys way back in their earlier years. This Alien Warrior 2.0 and "Alien" Ripley are the latest figures to have been released (several years ago.)

Here is a quick list of figures from Hot Toys, in no particular order: (someone please add any that I may have missed):

"ALIEN"
1. Dallas in space suit.
2. Kane in space suit.
3. Big Chap Alien.
4. Ripley

"ALIENS"
1. Ripley
2. Ripley with Power Loader
3. Hicks
4. Hudson
5. Drake
6. Apone
7. Vasquez
8. Alien Warrior 2.0
9. "Alien Girl" (non-film design)

ALIEN 3
1. Dog Alien

ALIEN vs. Predator
1. Pred-alien
- Someone else can fill these in, as I'm not as familiar with this series of figures.

In regards to "Alien" and "Aliens", quite a number of figures were released by Hot Toys way back in their earlier years. This Alien Warrior 2.0 and "Alien" Ripley are the latest figures to have been released (several years ago.)

Here is a quick list of figures from Hot Toys, in no particular order: (someone please add any that I may have missed):

"ALIEN"
1. Dallas in space suit.
2. Kane in space suit.
3. Big Chap Alien.
4. Ripley

"ALIENS"
1. Ripley
2. Ripley with Power Loader
3. Hicks
4. Hudson
5. Drake
6. Apone
7. Vasquez
8. Alien Warrior 2.0
9. "Alien Girl" (non-film design)

ALIEN 3
1. Dog Alien

ALIEN vs. Predator
1. Pred-alien
- Someone else can fill these in, as I'm not as familiar with this series of figures.

That was the bulk of it character-wise. I think there are a few other variants out there not listed. Those include:

"ALIENS"
-Alien Warrior (Blue) v1
-Alien Warrior (Brown) v1

"AvP"
-Alien Warrior
-Alien "Grid" warrior

"AvP:R"
-Alien Warrior
-Predalien "Battle Damaged"

How's everyone feeling about this figure now that it's starting to seem like it may have been the last Alien Hot Toys ever makes? Glad you picked it up? Was it better to have a well-painted alien with limited articulation than no alien at all? How's everyone's alien warrior holding up to wear and tear after six years?

My Alien 2.0 is doing fine, although it's been in a museum pose for the last six years. I still hope a new Big Chap gets released, as well as a new Dallas and Kane with a proper William Hurt head sculpt.

Mine is still minty-fresh and as Stephen Gentile's, in a museum pose. So glad that I eventually picked him up.

Here's one of my patented crappy pics. Please excuse the busy-ness.

Aliens Gang 1 sm.jpg

My Alien 2.0 is doing fine, although it's been in a museum pose for the last six years. I still hope a new Big Chap gets released, as well as a new Dallas and Kane with a proper William Hurt head sculpt.

Mine is still minty-fresh and as Stephen Gentile's, in a museum pose. So glad that I eventually picked him up.

Here's one of my patented crappy pics. Please excuse the busy-ness.

View attachment 510739
Thanks, fellas. It is a good-looking figure! Love those Hicks and Hudson customs.

Not meaning to resurrect the dead but does anyone think Hot Toys or someone else will eventually bring back some 1/6 Alien and/or Predator figures? Hot Toys has done a a bunch of rereleases from Marvel, DC, and now even Back to the Future with a revised Marty on the way. I’d love to see another Big Chap, and some Warriors to boot.

You never know, but I wouldn't bet on it. More likely to see figures from a new movie, if another one is ever made. I would be less surprised to see a company like Blitzway do figures from those films.

never apologize for resurrecting a thread….

As long as its not an Alien resurrection thread.

Mine is one of the best late find figures I have….very impressive in the detolf with his Predator brother.

Mine is in a more dunamic pose than museum, but its not like you can really pose him much at all.

But still looks great. The mystery of why certain people have rubber and plether problems is likley environmental.

I have Terminator BD and The Crow and both are years old and fine.

Back