SIDESHOW "Alien" Mini-Bust Set (Spooktacular Announcement)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Biggest pieces of crap ever made in ALIEN franchise.

SS, please stop wasting it!!

Did anybody buy this set and have in-hand pictures of these busts? Are they as crappy as they look or do they look better in person? Just wondering...

I'm actually planning on buying them to display next to the new Sideshow Alien statues. Together with the exclusive statue accessories, the busts would make nifty complimentary pieces. Plus it's not so bad if you cover the cost with reward points.

Pssh... with reward points, I can get this set for around $50, which isn't too bad. Imagine a detolf with a shelf level for all four Alien films -- and each level would have the Sideshow statue, its exclusive accessory, the mini-bust, and the individual blu-ray case in the background (the new ones with the pretty covers).
I'm thinking it's worth $50 for that. Hell, even $80. With a detolf like that, I'll have no need for another Alien collectible.

And they don't even look that bad!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=200196&ref=learnmore_200196#!prettyPhoto[product_gallery]/1/

The sculpts are pretty strong, save for the bug from the second film (but only in the mouth area).

I don't think the Dog Alien polystone statue can fit into a detolf.

I was wrestling with that idea myself. According to its product page, the thing is 17" from mouth to tail, so if I fit him in there diagonally, it might work. I layed my 1/4 NECA P1 (which is at least 18") on the roof of the detolf and it's actually a few inches shorter than the diagonal length. Granted, there will be less space on the glass inside, but I think it should work.

Ordered! I shaved $28 off the price with my reward points, so it wasn't too bad.
Guess we'll see how things go.

Ordered! I shaved $28 off the price with my reward points, so it wasn't too bad.
Guess we'll see how things go.

Please provide pictures when you get them. Thanks.

Nice one Blade.
I got a $25 coupon for SSC but I want to save it for Warrior otherwise would have used it on this as it expires end of Feb.

Got the $25 Valentine's Day discount with this shipment so I'll find something to use it on. :)

As for the busts themselves, I opened them today and took some quick pictures. Didn't have time to use my higher-quality setup, so the lighting isn't consistent (and some of the photos used flash). I will say that the color looks amazing in person and the sculpt details are actually quite sharp. The teaser image -- and even the images on the product page -- don't do them justice. Hey, for $50 (using reward points), they're great display pieces to compliment larger collectibles.

Without further ado, the mini-bust set:

IMG_2618.jpg

IMG_2619.jpg

IMG_2621.jpg

IMG_2623.jpg

IMG_2622.jpg

IMG_2620.jpg

IMG_2624.jpg

Detail looks pretty good in those pictures. Not sure about the colour though. For $50 its a good deal and I would bought it too but imo its not worth full price.

Back