Statue Sideshow 1987 Predator 1/5 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good question. Try replicate it and let us know how it goes. :D

Here's a better look.
8-2-20105-39-00AM_zpsbdcc4a8f.jpg

This is what I don't get, there is so much reference material for the Pred(see above pic)and yet they can't get it movie accurate. :huh

Okay guys. I saw this statue in person today and here is my take.....

Although there were a lot of complaints about the paint job, it did not seems as bad as it looked. His head needs to have more reddish brown cause it is too dark. To me that is easy to fix. The netting is sloppy but can be fixed. The armor needs a drybrush of lighter silver. The sculpt was great and the pose is okay. It is a great size but you know what it was my biggest pet peeve? The legs....

His legs are too skinny. That bothered me most. My friend who received the statue today, had also the 1/4 scale Neca Predator and it looks way better proportion wise. Because it is not a statue I have some reservations about getting one but it is by far better looking than predator statue.

It is still a beautiful piece and with improvements on the paint job, it will look great. I understand why one would send it back but if you decide to keep it, I still think that it looks great.....

Just my two cents

Cheers

Bear

Thanks for your 'two cents'.

Who wants to spend $350, more for international customers, on a statue then have to play around with it to make it look better?
Some guys in here trying to justify the poor paint apps because it's 'only' $300 need to get a grip.
My two cents. :lecture

Stan Winston must of had some magic alien dust because nobody's been able to recreate that look. Not in statue, not in movie, not in anything.

It's amazing that for all the quality people that work on these things they still cannot recreate the 25 year old original.

Even with up to date techniques - RR Predators tried to copy the design and still completely messed up the mandibles and paint.

Just received the predator statue this morning and im very happy with it.
Looks great to me,only thing of complain would be that the claws are to plasticy would be nicer if they made it of real metal.
But other than that i think it looks great,no problem with the paint or the face or whatever.

Stan Winston must of had some magic alien dust because nobody's been able to recreate that look. Not in statue, not in movie, not in anything.

It's amazing that for all the quality people that work on these things they still cannot recreate the 25 year old original.

Even with up to date techniques - RR Predators tried to copy the design and still completely messed up the mandibles and paint.

Very very true.:lecture

Just received the predator statue this morning and im very happy with it.
Looks great to me,only thing of complain would be that the claws are to plasticy would be nicer if they made it of real metal.
But other than that i think it looks great,no problem with the paint or the face or whatever.

I don't like the wrist blades either. They should have used real metal. Cheap bastards. $300 gets you nothing these days...

I assume they are recasts.
I did see one in person at swap show, that how I know about the site, and it was OUTSTANDING.
Me and hubby are big Sideshow fans, and have quite a bit of their products, including dioramas, PF, 1/6 SW, and even the 1:1 Predator bust, so I am not knocking them down or trashing them in general.
What I am trying to say is, that if one is after a great looking predator statue, Sideshow is not the bottom line. We do have great alternatives out there, for good prices, and if I do have a great displayable piece of a character I love, I don't care if it's from SS, a kit, a recast, or a custom bash. Now, as far as this piece goes, from what I have seen so far, judging from the posted pictures - I'd rather have a great recast for the same price.

the photos on their website looks good, i was going to order it but after seeing the in hand pictures i am not impressed at all. Not sure if it's the kit or the paint, or a combination. But everything looks off and pretty bad...

$T2eC16FHJI!E9qSO8IcMBQNZBIBcZg~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16dHJGYE9noojimlBQLBI,Ti%29w~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16RHJF0E9nmFSH%29HBQNZQMKT9!~~60_57.JPG

The Predators "classic" Predator was only based on the original design it wasn't supposed to be exactly like the 87 one.

They say on the commentary to the movie they changed and "updated" the look.

Cancelled this baby before it shipped.Not worth 300 beans at all. SSC excellent customer service team allowed me to transfer the NRD again to my Baroness EX. So everything worked out fine.

Congrats to those who love it

The Predators "classic" Predator was only based on the original design it wasn't supposed to be exactly like the 87 one.

They say on the commentary to the movie they changed and "updated" the look.

KNB actually stated they wanted it to look like the original design. I remember RR saying something along the line's of "it'll be like your looking at an old friend"

Regardless of how it looked, they and everyone else, still can't make proper mandibles. My theory is that they seem to want to design the mouth open as opposed to designing it closed that can then open.

Plus it was shorter height wise by a fair bit.

The original is just so well proportioned for it's size, probably because KPH was a tall skinny guy and not a stocky muscle type.

I actually had this on order but with Dutch coming I want something that will match well and this wasn't it. I can wait.

Anyone else received theirs?
There's a severe lack of pictures being posted.
There's been about 20 Dutch PF's posted.

I got mine in i dont think how it was painted is that bad in person. However mine had terrible QC issues... paint chips and smudges across most of the statue. Really no excuse for this passing QC. That said im sure SSC will help me out their CS is great at least.

Made a vid showing some of my issues..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boSFGRA73cQ

I got mine in i dont think how it was painted is that bad in person. However mine had terrible QC issues... paint chips and smudges across most of the statue. Really no excuse for this passing QC. That said im sure SSC will help me out their CS is great at least.

Made a vid showing some of my issues..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boSFGRA73cQ

Hope you get that sorted out.
Just goes to show my first impression on this piece, it seems like it was rushed, even after all the delays.
I really don't think it has the look of a $300 collectable.

Hope you get that sorted out.
Just goes to show my first impression on this piece, it seems like it was rushed, even after all the delays.
I really don't think it has the look of a $300 collectable.

Yea thanks even if their QC is bad SSC always has good CS. I cant really argue that it seems rushed with that many flaws in my piece. hopefully my problems are in the minority.

Back