Statue Sideshow 1987 Predator 1/5 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
predatorstatue20_zpsdeea34b5.jpg

By the way, I had to do this because I believe my picture shows off this headsculpt much better than the image Collectorcol used in his comparison to the Cinemaquette:

Untitled_zps0b43adb1.jpg

Much better photo. Still happy I cancelled.​

Yea i want to say if the QC on mine was good i would be very happy with it. Fingers crossed it gets resolved with no problems and i will be happy with it.

What's the issues with the body Master?
Thought you weren't sure about the finish?

Same issues. Paint apps on netting and thighs. I'm hesitant to call SS for a replacement body because it seems petty, but I would rather have a better painted body. There's no guarantee though the replacement will be any better than what I already have. I don't know. I guess it's worth a try. What do you guys think?

predatorstatue16.jpg

predatorstatue14.jpg

Just zoomed in on that netting and it looks pretty bad close up.
Only you can tell what it looks like in person.
If you want the body replaced might be better sending the whole piece back?
The whole paint finish does look like it was rushed to me, no care taken with this one.

Hard to see in the ozzfan shots but the netting does look similar to yours.
They'll probably offer you 10% refund if you complain. If you decide to keep it that's better than nothing?

Just called and sent in these photos. It's suppose to take 3-5 business days to hear back from SS on "the best course of action" from here. So I'll wait to hear back from them. Everything else is okay. I just hope they'll be kind enough to go ahead and replace the body for me and then that the replacement body is better than what I already have.
IMO the paint apps to the netting on mine is sloppy and the thigh paint apps make it look like the Predator is burnt.

Anyone else see the E-mail about the bidding for charity? The Predator CM is on there , one of the original production pieces.

I wonder how much it'll go for? it's at $1700 already. I wish I was rich!

Whats wrong with the legs?

Looks like my Predator is burnt on his thighs. Paint apps there is a little to heavy on the black. Looks like the spray got a little bit of an overhaul. There's tiny black dots in that area. The black mixed with the skin tone color and made a darker yellow than the rest of his body (notably his upper body).

You'll notice it by looking at the contrasting skin tones between the bottom of my Predator's stomach and the thighs. The yellow on the legs is darker than the skin tone color on the upper body.

predatorstatue16.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone else see the E-mail about the bidding for charity? The Predator CM is on there , one of the original production pieces.

The Sideshow email?
That will be the Sideshow Predator Maquette.
They auctioned similar things a couple of months back including a Maquette.
Makes me wonder how authentic these pieces are with original notes etc. on the box?
Won't make too much of it as its for charity.

The Sideshow email?
That will be the Sideshow Predator Maquette.
They auctioned similar things a couple of months back including a Maquette.
Makes me wonder how authentic these pieces are with original notes etc. on the box?
Won't make too much of it as its for charity.

I guess that's a good point. I'm sure there would be more than 1 production piece though. They do sell it very well in the notes.

Yea paint job was that that good, and very hard for me to put his regular head all the way in, anyone have this problem?
The LSF better come out in better paint job!!

What did this piece originally retail for?

Either 900 or 1000 if memory serves

Edit: it was $999

Last edited:
Okay, so mine arrived.

First off, this is not as terrible as people are thinking. It's actually quite nice in person. Even when I look at pics here and look at mine they look like two different things. I'm satisfied with it.

Are there little nitpicky things? Sure, every piece has them. On mine, one of the gel packs busted and little balls fell everywhere, and I think one marked the back armor on his leg. But it's such a little mark that it's tough to even see it head on and up close. This was a QC nightmare from the start with all the small pieces. I'm just glad it wasn't anything terrible. One I can note is that some of the "gore paint" for the exclusive piece was on the thumb on the hand
as well. That's a cool "mistake" because his hands would absolutely be bloody handling that thing.

Like I said, the paint apps look much nicer in person. It also feels much bigger and spacious in person than the pics show. It takes up as much space as the Maleficent and Evil Queen PFs I have on the shelf across from it. And the paint on the face looks much nicer than can be photographed.

:goodpost:

this post keeps me positive. I've never been so depressed waiting for a piece. All these pics and youtube videos has really made me regret ordering it and I ***n love pred :(
I'm hoping there's only small paint app issues, those I can live with since i'm not fanatic with minor (very minor) details - I just can't accept a broken figure (since I'm a tool in fixing delicate stuff).
As long as it is ok painted i can live with a farker helmet etc. - As long as it is done right..... really crossing my fingers here:pray:

Back