Statue Sideshow 1987 Predator 1/5 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea thanks even if their QC is bad SSC always has good CS. I cant really argue that it seems rushed with that many flaws in my piece. hopefully my problems are in the minority.

Didn't see what you were talking about. Not to say its not there but just quick with the camera and it was out of focus at times. In any case the netting on mine could be replaced. I wonder if I should bother asking SS for a replacement body... I'm leaning towards keeping this for now at least. Hopefully my Classic Hunter will arrive soon. Then I can make a final decision.

Didn't see what you were talking about. Not to say its not there but just quick with the camera and it was out of focus at times. In any case the netting on mine could be replaced. I wonder if I should bother asking SS for a replacement body... I'm leaning towards keeping this for now at least. Hopefully my Classic Hunter will arrive soon. Then I can make a final decision.

Yea sorry the phone was going in and out of focus while i was trying to show stuff. here are some pics

209_zps84ebb3bc.jpg

212_zps62d174e7.jpg

213_zps444a521e.jpg

Oh yeah. I see it now. Sucks man. If I end up keeping mine ill likely ask SS for a replacement body. The netting and thighs just bother me too much for $300...

I'm tired of hearing about how "great" SS's customer service is. When something arrives with a problem it takes WEEKS for them to resolve it, if they even can resolve it beyond given you a refund on broken merch after you've had an NRD in for almost a year.

Mine arrives today. I hope I'm satisified with it because I'm tired of this "excellent" CS and quality control.

I'm tired of hearing about how "great" SS's customer service is. When something arrives with a problem it takes WEEKS for them to resolve it, if they even can resolve it beyond given you a refund on broken merch after you've had an NRD in for almost a year.

Mine arrives today. I hope I'm satisified with it because I'm tired of this "excellent" CS and quality control.

^ :lol
If they had good QC we wouldn't need to experience their customer service skills.

I guess we have all had different experiences. When I got my Predator LSB and it was chipped and the teeth were broken they replied within 48 hours told me to smash it and when I showed them I did they sent a replacement which arrived within 5 days. No additional cost for me.

Ah got this today along with dutch, Dutch was excellent better then expected, but predator arrived good too. The only sucky problem was how in the world can I get the masked head on? It does not fit. It scrapes off the paint and I had to pull the hair up until it bends, the side hair paint forces the paint off when pushed into the neck. Very bad fitment and still does not go in all the way. Anyone have that issue?

I had that problem with multiple limbs. THey won't go in all the way and they certainly won't go in without forcing, scraping the paint.

Ah got this today along with dutch, Dutch was excellent better then expected, but predator arrived good too. The only sucky problem was how in the world can I get the masked head on? It does not fit. It scrapes off the paint and I had to pull the hair up until it bends, the side hair paint forces the paint off when pushed into the neck. Very bad fitment and still does not go in all the way. Anyone have that issue?

Yea i was not really happy with how the head and the arm holding the skull fit onto the body. The arm seems loose enough to fall out and the head would not go flush.

Okay, so mine arrived.

First off, this is not as terrible as people are thinking. It's actually quite nice in person. Even when I look at pics here and look at mine they look like two different things. I'm satisfied with it.

Are there little nitpicky things? Sure, every piece has them. On mine, one of the gel packs busted and little balls fell everywhere, and I think one marked the back armor on his leg. But it's such a little mark that it's tough to even see it head on and up close. This was a QC nightmare from the start with all the small pieces. I'm just glad it wasn't anything terrible. One I can note is that some of the "gore paint" for the exclusive piece was on the thumb on the hand
as well. That's a cool "mistake" because his hands would absolutely be bloody handling that thing.

Like I said, the paint apps look much nicer in person. It also feels much bigger and spacious in person than the pics show. It takes up as much space as the Maleficent and Evil Queen PFs I have on the shelf across from it. And the paint on the face looks much nicer than can be photographed.

thankfully I did not have any problems putting mine together. The head portraits are a tight fit but with patience and care they both went on relatively easy. Same with the arm and hands holding the skulls. The hands do take a slight bit of force to sort of snap in. Don't be afraid to force that, but do not be careless with it either. The arm just wiggle it all the way check the front and back and it should go all the way. You'll know when it's as far as it will go.

Back