Statue Sideshow 1987 Predator 1/5 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, still annoys me to this day lol. If you need any tips for the scar just let me know, Alec Gillis sent me pictures of the screen used masks. For the one above I did as he instructed, shiniest silver possible (Alclad chrome for me) copper highlights and smoky translucent weathering with black and silver speckles. I left the silver speckles off though but might add them soon and tone some of the black speckles down. Lenses were done by spraying through a mesh patterned piece of fabric onto thin plastic and cutting to shape. Also added dark areas around the scar to simulate burning as it looked a bit plain before imo.

Thanks Python, appreciated ;)

Your mask looks amazing!!!! A job well done ;)

Did you manage to shoot an email over to sideshow about the wolf predator lense material?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone recommend a place to get one of these in the UK? Looking at starting a collection with this and the Dutch statue, not sure if it's cheaper to buy from the UK or pay for postage from the US. It's around £550 ($915) for both of them from a dealer through Amazon but there must be a cheaper option.

Can anyone recommend a place to get one of these in the UK? Looking at starting a collection with this and the Dutch statue, not sure if it's cheaper to buy from the UK or pay for postage from the US. It's around £550 ($915) for both of them from a dealer through Amazon but there must be a cheaper option.

If you're patient they will come up on eBay. I waited quite a while and the Ex finally came up.
The Classic is the only one in the range where the Ex is a must imo.

I picked up the Classic Ex for £240 then PayPal refunded £50 for damage.
Got the Dutch for about £210 after selling the pointless Ex.

Good luck.

Cool, I'll keep an eye out for them on there. Thanks.

Are Sideshow okay for international shipping? If I end up buying them new, it would work out cheaper to buy them direct even if I got charged VAT by customs.

Cool, I'll keep an eye out for them on there. Thanks.

Are Sideshow okay for international shipping? If I end up buying them new, it would work out cheaper to buy them direct even if I got charged VAT by customs.

What makes you think ordering from SS would be cheaper?
Take the price in dollars, add the postage, convert to pounds, add 20% then add another £10.

There's a seller on eBay who has both these in stock. Message him and see if he will do a deal on the two. He should at least combine postage for you.
Giveeme a minute and I'll find them...

Hey para. Just done a few sums.
Buying from the eBay seller would cost just over £500 without any combined discount.
Buying direct from SS would cost about £540. If you find a $20 coupon then take Reward Points into consideration it might be better ordering direct.

Personally I would, and did, wait for a deal on eBay but if you want them now and guaranteed brand new...

I don't know how new you are to this hobby but you do realise these will not display very well together?

Last edited:
I'm not actually looking to buy right now, it wont be for a good few months. I'm impatient though so thought I'd do the investigating now just so I know what the best option is for when I do order. I calculated the SS cost to be £444 + VAT and from the Amazon dealer it's £564 but I think the dealer is in France. I will just keep watching out for ebay sellers in the UK though.

I am new, I have a lot of cheaper things, mostly 6-7" figures and other small collectable things. So I didn't realise these two don't go together very well. Is there an issue with the sizes or is it something else?

Aww no way. I thought they were made to be like a pair. I might find another predator then as I really like the Dutch one.

Back