Statue Sideshow 1987 Predator 1/5 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Price is up, quality is down. :(

My order is listed as shipping soon for the past 5 days. If they still don't ship it by tomorrow, I will cancel it.

I also have the Elder and Wolf 1/5 statues on PO. Based on the pics so far, I'm probably done with this line after those 2 shipped.

After seeing those pics, I'm very dissapointed in the final product. The only thing that looks good is the box.

This is just my opinion. Please don't take it personally. And congrats to all who got one and like it. :)

I totally agree with you adegregorio. Disappointing paint work and no spine trophy as pictured on the website.

Des anybody think that if I mention it to Sideshow that the Predator comes with no spine trophy I will be able to cancel it before they send it out?

There was never a spine trophy pictured, that's what caused all the concern. If you mention it to SS they will say there was never one.
You can cancel if it hasn't shipped but will probably lose the NRD.
I'm still hoping it looks better in person.

Last edited:
There was never a spine trophy pictured, that's what caused all the concern.
You can cancel if it hasn't shipped but will probably lose the NRD.
I'm still hoping it looks better in person.

Whats this then?
sideshow_collectibles_predator_statue.jpg

IDK what you are seeing there but there is no spine trophy in that picture man. He has his other skull trophies thats it...

Im gonna wait to see mine in hand to make a final judgment it has already shipped anyway. Those first pics were not great but the video I was happy with so I will wait and see.

I believe they are on a string you have to tie on yourself i may be wrong.

I just talked to a Sideshow rep through chat and my order had already been put on the truck and they pulled it for me and said they would issue a refund. The quality of their products may have dropped, but at least their customer service is still really good.

I believe the picture answers one of the question I was asking

Was this your first cancellation and what did say if you don't mind answering?
I just talked to a Sideshow rep through chat and my order had already been put on the truck and they pulled it for me and said they would issue a refund. The quality of their products may have dropped, but at least their customer service is still really good.

I believe the picture answers one of the question I was asking

Was this your first cancellation and what did say if you don't mind answering?

Yes it was my first. I told them I wanted to cancel and they said it was already on the truck. I said that I have seen in hand pics and the paint is not as good as what they show on the website so I would definitely return it. I asked them if I should accept the package when it comes or send it right back because I live in Canada so to accept I would have to pay the customs fee and since Im going to return it anyway I asked if that would be refunded. The rep talked to a manager and they decided to pull it since I said I would return anyway. I think they might have done this because I live in Canada so if they had shipped it out they would have to refund my customs fee so they figured its less hassle and money to just pull it off the truck then ship it to me and have to deal with the return.

Yes it was my first. I told them I wanted to cancel and they said it was already on the truck. I said that I have seen in hand pics and the paint is not as good as what they show on the website so I would definitely return it. I asked them if I should accept the package when it comes or send it right back because I live in Canada so to accept I would have to pay the customs fee and since Im going to return it anyway I asked if that would be refunded. The rep talked to a manager and they decided to pull it since I said I would return anyway. I think they might have done this because I live in Canada so if they had shipped it out they would have to refund my customs fee so they figured its less hassle and money to just pull it off the truck then ship it to me and have to deal with the return.

Thanks for the quick reply:goodpost:

I think it looks good, it just looks flat all the paints look very flat.

I'll wait for mine in hand, everyone said the paints were **** on the 3 Predators and in hand i thought they were more than fine...

Whats pissing me off more is mine still hasn't shipped.

Last edited:
I see the same crapiness as the proto shown, not even near surprised. You guys were concerned on the spine trophies crap which was the lesser of the problems with this statue. The lesser.

I have here in my desk the Predator 1 Diorama (repairing it). When I see it from different angles, it still amazes me after 4 years. It owns in so many ways this new statement even it's half the size.. Perfect body proportions, great painting, neat pose. I will never sell this little piece of art.

I'm sure the ppl is anxious for a new predator 1987 statue, but this is a very poor try. You can do much better than this Sideshow. A new 1/4 P1 wont hurt btw.

I'm still counting on it (or I guess, praying for it) looking good in person. Blown up pictures of Predators haven't looked good since the maquette, and that was huge. The dioramas looked nice in person, despite their smaller size and less detailed paint aps. I guess I'll decide if I'm happy with it when it arrives.

I think this piece is great and had a lot of potential but needs tweaking concerning the paint job to look amazing....

I can do that without a problem but I know many can't and I don't blame you guys for returning it . I just hope that after I repaint part of it, it will look a lot better and some will change their minds about his piece.

Cheers

Bear

Back