Statue Sideshow 1987 Predator 1/5 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it was my first. I told them I wanted to cancel and they said it was already on the truck. I said that I have seen in hand pics and the paint is not as good as what they show on the website so I would definitely return it. I asked them if I should accept the package when it comes or send it right back because I live in Canada so to accept I would have to pay the customs fee and since Im going to return it anyway I asked if that would be refunded. The rep talked to a manager and they decided to pull it since I said I would return anyway. I think they might have done this because I live in Canada so if they had shipped it out they would have to refund my customs fee so they figured its less hassle and money to just pull it off the truck then ship it to me and have to deal with the return.

Will you lose the NRD?

I mean the skulls are missing from the final product and wasn't in the video.

The skulls are NOT missing. Go back and look at my pics if you're really interested. Page 92 and 93. Some of my pics don't have the trophies on the statue because I was sort of in a rush putting him together and taking pics along the way.

Last edited:
The skull trophies come tied to a string already. All you have to do is put them on the torso before you put the head on and you're good to go.

I think 'northernmunkey' thought the spine trophy and skull trophys we're the same thing?

Hey Master, what are your feeling after having had him for a few hours now?
Did he carry one growing on you or disappoint?

Mine still hasn't been shipped, hoping it looks better in person but still a bit worried as this isn't cheap.
My problem is if I cancelled there is nothing I would transfer the NRD to.
Got Hulk Maquette and P2 LSB ordered locally, fingers crossed for them, and will probably stop collecting after them.
I expect prices to rise over time but there's no excuse for price rises combined with a drop in quality and finish.

Thanks CC.

I think 'northernmunkey' thought the spine trophy and skull trophys we're the same thing?

I did think both was the same silly old me. Cancelled mine after seeing the paint application.

Tempted to do the same. :dunno
Did you phone to cancel?
Did you lose the NRD?
Really don't know if to chance it or just cancel.

Hey Master, what are your feeling after having had him for a few hours now?
Did he carry one growing on you or disappoint?

Mine still hasn't been shipped, hoping it looks better in person but still a bit worried as this isn't cheap.
My problem is if I cancelled there is nothing I would transfer the NRD to.
Got Hulk Maquette and P2 LSB ordered locally, fingers crossed for them, and will probably stop collecting after them.
I expect prices to rise over time but there's no excuse for price rises combined with a drop in quality and finish.

Thanks CC.

He looks cool from far away. The poor paint applications on the netting is NOT noticeable from a distance. Even when you get close you'd have to look for that sort of thing to see it. Still that does not excuse the poor paint apps. To me not having the QC stickers on the styrofoam is a red flag that these pieces may not be passing through QC testing anymore.
Another funny thing is my piece is numbered #716 but I noticed on the inside of the left arm it has a number of 627 or maybe the 6 is an h? Either way I think SS got some parts mixed up. Lol. It's kind of laughable at this point. Anyone who has #627 I might have your arm! lol.

predatorstatue19_zps272aaabd.jpg

To answer your question Collectorcol I'm still highly considering returning it and very much leaning in that direction. I mean think about the cinemaquette and the maquette. While they are both much more expensive than this statue at retail the workmanship and quality of those 2 pieces are far superior to this in every way. This predator statue by SS seems rushed and very poor in quality. Take a look at the crown of the head...
predatorstatue21_zps219b8181.jpg

If you look at the proto pics of this piece on the SS website you'll see the crown and even around the body should have softer browns almost giving it a red hue. But what you actually get is heavy browns making for a dull and flat appearance. Both the cinemaquette and the maquette both are beautifully painted. The colors on them far outweigh the paint apps on this piece. It's not even close. And then there's the masked portrait...

predatorstatue7.jpg

Need I say more?

As for your predicament it's your call. If you can live with the flaws of this piece then it really doesn't look too bad. I mean it's still pretty cool. And trying to get a cinemaquette or maquette at this point is pretty much pointless unless you have a large amount of disposable income lying around. If you don't then this piece will suffice simply because what other options do you have if you're an original 1987 Predator fan? If you can't live with the flaws I'd cancel my order ONLY if SS would refund your NRD as well. Try telling them you've seen in hand pics and you're not satisfied. Tell them you're a loyal customer and you'd appreciate them refunding your NRD this one time. See if they'll go for it. If not, then just accept it and try selling it locally yourself. I mean... someone will want to buy it. You may even be able to sell if for more and make a profit. You don't want to lose money on it with the NRD if you're not satisfied. Selling it yourself is a better option.

Its a real shame this came out looking so bad. I was really looking forward to getting the whole line of these predators but now even if the wolf and elder look better it will feel incomplete without P1 so basically the entire line is ruined for me. Hopefully Hot Toys will come out with their 1/4 pred line and blow us away. Although we havnt seen anything since the announcement. Anyone know if this is still a "go" for Hot Toys?

I was thinking about getting a Predator for my collection, but after seeing the pics I don't think I will.

I think ou guys are overreacting a bit. It is a beautiful sculpt and the paint job can be fixed.

Tell you what.....PM me and I'll fix the netting and the armor for you guys....... I'm serious...

Cheers

Bear

I dunno, I think these new pics look better. I'm gonna wait until I have mine in hand before I freak out.

Well we already know the Elder's shortcoming is going to be that stupid concept sword. Even if he comes out looking great that sword design will always bother me. It makes the missing spine trophy on the 87 Pred statue seem like we're the one's stealing from SS! Furthermore, the shoulder cannon doesn't have the targeting sight on it. Not movie accurate. I have it preordered to complete this line but right now it's not looking good to start all things considered.

Back