Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have managed to secure a Sideshow Belloq with environment so now I’m ready to get Indy.
So a couple of questions.
Is it worth the extra dollars for the exclusive?
If my Indy has a loose body would I be better off swapping it with Belloq’s (as I have no intension of displaying him) or a narrow TT.
How difficult is it to swap the head, gloved hands and shoes/feet to the TT.
Thank you.

How difficult is it to swap the head, gloved hands and shoes/feet to the TT.

I would go with a narrow TT, it has a nicer build to the body size and a better posing system for the feet so you can get some really cool Indy poses with eases.

As for the swap, the neck posts are identical between the True Type and the new Sideshow bodies, so that's a piece of cake. The feet, you just need to heat up the shoes, pop out the Sideshwo pegs and you can just pop the ball joints from the TT into them, the only part that takes a slight bit of work is the hand swap. You have to cut a bit off of the wrist pegs from Sidehow to pop them into the TT arm, but once you do it works great so you can still use the cool Indy hands instead of being stuck with the TT generic ones.

I would go with a narrow TT, it has a nicer build to the body size and a better posing system for the feet so you can get some really cool Indy poses with eases.

As for the swap, the neck posts are identical between the True Type and the new Sideshow bodies, so that's a piece of cake. The feet, you just need to heat up the shoes, pop out the Sideshwo pegs and you can just pop the ball joints from the TT into them, the only part that takes a slight bit of work is the hand swap. You have to cut a bit off of the wrist pegs from Sidehow to pop them into the TT arm, but once you do it works great so you can still use the cool Indy hands instead of being stuck with the TT generic ones.

Thanks for the advice MaulFan.

i know some people switched it over to a Soldier Story body before, and Im having a hard time trying to get the feet to work on it. Right now I have the pegs of the TT inside the feet, but they won't fit into the holes.

Well I finally got him.

DSC_1503.jpg
DSC_1504.jpg

I think he's great. :whip His body is really loose but will swap it for a TT as soon as I find one on eBay. :gun

I originally swapped out the SS pro body for a Soldier Story, but later tried a Saturday Toys, and I like that one best. It has a nice heft and the figure's bulk suits the ROTLA Indy look better IMO. Here he is with the Hasbro Ark.

satindy.jpg

Thought I would make a quick contribution here.

P1060247.jpg

P1060257.jpg

P1060258.jpg

I really like both of these figures.

Indy does have some problems of course. Many have mentioned the week joints, but Mine seems to be OK. Nothing that dramaticaly hinders most poses. The hips ball joints are the bigest problem on mine, so I wont be able to do any deep poses without using a stand (and I rarely use stands).

The problems with this figure that bother me the most are the bad fasteners!

1) The belt on his pants doesn't fasten well to the little hole, but does stay in place without it.

2) I cannot get the holster to close!!!

3) I can't fasten the whip on his belt because I only have one magnet!!! :mad:

I may contact Sideshow or goHastings to see about getting a replacement part. Maybe I can find a cheap pair of magnet earrings to glue in a second magnet so I can hang the rope on his belt.

In the meantime I like the pose with the whip in one hand and the hat in the other.

Although I prefer the 'wearing a hat' look, I think the hatless head looks more like Harrison Ford. So the holding hat pose is a good compromise for now.

First Post on the Board.
I finally got hold of the Sideshow exclusive Belloq and Toht recently...which meant that I could finally take this shot...

Dscn6721.jpg

Dscn6735.jpg

Figures shown with Mail-away Ark rather than Polystone version.

I'm having real trouble finding a 12" Henry Jones though...

Really enjoying my Indy, and I think the sculpt is quite good. But, can anyone direct me to a place to get him repainted?

I think a good repaint could really improve him as some pics in this thread seem to show. (I have only done a quick scan of this thread.) I really hate the with dot doll eye thing!!! :(

Thanks Sith Lord - I should have said, I'm based in London England.

I'd like to pick one up from this side of the Atlantic - as postage for that is likely to be another $30-$40...

Postage sure has gone up from the US in the last couple of years

Not sure what your budget is, but you could try these:

https://film.minimodelshop.co.uk/film-collectable/indiana-jones-the-last-crusade-dr-henry-jones-senior-sean-connery-figure-sideshow-collectibles-3906

or this place will allow you to pay in installments:

https://www.gizmos-r-us.co.uk/p201205_463167.aspx

every time I look through this thread it makes me wish I wasn't so busy so I could get my Indy Idol Chamber custom finished!!! - one day... one day... :rotfl

photo037Large.jpg

photo033Large.jpg

20090312_4Large.jpg

20090304_1Small.jpg

20090304_5Small.jpg

20090304_6Small.jpg

20090304_7Small.jpg

I'll get there... eventually lol

031.jpg

I can't wait until that idol chamber is finished Darren, it was actually your site that first introduced me to 1/6 customization! If I had more spare time (and practice) I'd like to follow your example and make my own chamber. One day.... one day.... :whip

Back