Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you haveing trouble with loose ankles? I can't even get mine to budge.

No, my problems are with the design. If you want to change the angle of the joint you have to pop the whole foot off, move it where you want and then pop the whole thing back in. It's tiresome.

Plus if you have the joints positioned so you have forward and back articulation it makes him look like he's standing on the inside edges of his feet unless you stand him with the legs very close together. If you want to have both feet flat in any sort of wide stance you have to position the ankle joints in such a way that you lose forward and back articulation. Atrocious design.

I know you're not happy, but he looks pretty darn good in that pic of yours.

:)
Well it's not quite a case of not being happy, just that he doesn't measure up to the standards HT have set, and I'm having a lot of trouble finding the awesome Ford I know is in that sculpt due to the paint. I'm glad I have him, and will get Toht to join.

I do actually think, despite the too-narrow shoulders and "empty" groin, that the pro poses easier than the true-type - ironically the body seems to "hang" better because of how loose the joints are.

IMGA0008.jpg

IMGA0001.jpg

Just been reading through these posts and noticed there is a lot of difference on how the head was painted (speaking of the factory paint), especially the beard.

Also the placement of the pockets on his shirt seems to be placed shorter to middle with some than with others.

the Sideshow wrist pegs works on TT body, you just have to trim off a little of the peg so that it fits correctly inside the hole....as TT wrist pegs are much shorter than the Sideshow ones if you compare them side by side...

I just bought a True Type. I tried to like the pro but I just can't get past the looseness.

To those who have kept the Sideshow shoes for the TT, do the boots move on theTT ball joint?

I removed the original pegs on the SS boots and stuck the TT ball joint right into the boot hole. I do however find the TT body's shoulder a little too wide so I shaved off some plastic in the joints to allow some droop on the shoulders...

Darran, how do you remove the fedora without damaging it? I would greatly appreciate any information.

honestly it was a pain in the backside. It was a mixture of pulling with my fingers, using thin, sharp scalpel blades to cut through the join where the glue is, wedging screwdrivers, blunt spoon handles and anything eles I thought might work in there and levering..... but it took AGES.

And my hands were sore like hell afterwards, and I almost stabbed my hand a few times...but for me it was worth it as it was much easier to paint.

Congrats Darren on making everyone else's Indys look like crap.

Nooooo don't say that Everybody elses look great!!! (and you'll make me feel bad lol)

ok... latest update on my figure. I wanted to be able to 'pose' the leather collars, so I had the idea or adding wire somehow... so I took these small twisty tie things that you get with sandwich bags

photo001Medium.jpg

I cut a piece to the right length, and glued it under the collar, using a glue that stays flexible and rubber-like when it's set.

photo002Medium.jpg

Annoyingly this didn't work as the glue wouldnt stick to the jacket. It just kept peeling off. So i wanted to figure out a way to get wire into the collar... but didn't think i'd be able to as I'd already glued my collar closed along the edges where i'd cut and reshaped it.

Then I figured somewhere it might work, if only the wire would be able to be fed in. So I stripped a piece of the thin wire out of the plastic of the twisty tie, and woohoo... it could (just about!) be fed into the very leading edge of the collar, behind the stitching.

This lets me pose the collar in any shape I like. (a small detail I know, but for me it's the kind of thing that lets me get closer to how something looks on screen)

photo006Medium.jpg

Then I glued the collar down to the jacket, giving the shape I wanted.

photo005Medium.jpg

I cut the corner off part of the shirt near the collars that was too big and square (it's in fact completely the wrong shape, the same with the collar on the jacket... but doing this would give the impression that it was a bit closer to the right shape and size) and glued the edge to stop it from fraying

photo008Medium.jpg

photo009Medium.jpg

Because the paint on the neck kept being scraped off by the edges of the neck socket, I had to dremel away the inside of the socket, and make the size of the rim larger... so I could pose the head at angles (a little more) and not worry so much about the paint. Although I still have to be careful. But I have a bit more play now.

photo003Medium.jpg

The shirt was glued to the shoulders, in order to stop the shirt riding up too high on the neck, which makes his shoulders look more slope-y and slim than they already are

Also this would mean I wouldn't have to faff around with the shirt so much getting it to look right.

photo031Medium.jpg

Finally I put it all together. (I havent weathered the jacket yet... I'll get around to that when I have some time, but at least the figure is in one piece again, and I can weather and dust up the jacket while it's on him)

photo033Large.jpg

photo037Large.jpg

I won't say everyone else's Indys look like crap because that's just not the case, but of all the repaints/upgrades I've seen done on this figure, Darren's is the most Harrison Fordiest straight out of the movie one so far.

Looks like me and you Darren had the same idea. :gun I put those wires in my jacket as well. I would advise doing it if you know how, cause it really does make the jacket look better and it can be posed.

jacket1.jpg

photo033Large.jpg

Great work Darren, interesting to see the difference in the shoulders once you take the puffing of the clothes out of the picture, look forward to seeing other costumes on the Pro and how they fare.

Nice work as usual Darren. I'm always curious what tips/tricks you'll come up with to give the figure the right look. I may have to try that wire trick. Can't wait to see the weathering.

Back