Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bardoon, I agree with you on all counts. Did you see the pics I posted from ROTLA? Harrison Ford does have wide shoulders.

Yes I did...most guys have wide shoulders...it's typically a natural trait of the male body and is further emphasized by superheroes and such. I got my naked Prometheus right here and looking at it it does certainly have wide shoulders...but not as well designed as the TT's, but the way clothes drape on it...in particular, Indy's...does not emphasize them enough.

I might end up changing Cobra Commander and Snake Eyes to TrueTypes as well.

My problem with the TT shoulders is more the flatness than the width. They look too broad because there's no smooth flow from the neck into them, it's almost like a perfect horizontal line from where the neck meets them to the arm side and that's not natural, the trapezius muscle makes a slope down from the neck to the shoulders. HT's body only works when the costume of the figue fill in what's not there on the body, costumes that don't do that make the figures look awkward.

My problem with the TT shoulders is more the flatness than the width. They look too broad because there's no smooth flow from the neck into them, it's almost like a perfect horizontal line from where the neck meets them to the arm side and that's not natural, the trapezius muscle makes a slope down from the neck to the shoulders. HT's body only works when the costume of the figue fill in what's not there on the body, costumes that don't do that make the figures look awkward.

Well naturally it's going to be a matter of personal preference between everyone and you do bring up a valid point. :whip

I want to see how the Pro production models turn out for Snakes and Cobra Commander but for Indy, I think the Prometheus doesn't fill out as nicely as the TT for this particular character.

For the purposes and looks of the figures that I like..I find the TrueType to still be king of the mountain.

We'll see in the future!

I'm messing around with the Pro and it has really nice articulation in around the waist and stomach area. Maybe the truetype has good articulation around there too, but it is so tight that I don't realize it for fear of snapping it.

Well naturally it's going to be a matter of personal preference between everyone and you do bring up a valid point. :whip

I want to see how the Pro production models turn out for Snakes and Cobra Commander but for Indy, I think the Prometheus doesn't fill out as nicely as the TT for this particular character.

For the purposes and looks of the figures that I like..I find the TrueType to still be king of the mountain.

We'll see in the future!

Well, I think it depends on which figures you see it used on for sure. So far, my experience with it has been the POTC line and M65 Rambo, which resulted in too He-Manish Jack Sparrow and and awkwardly postured Rambo, but again, it's costuming. I think Indy having a collared shirt as well as jacket fills in around the neck and fakes the slope of the shoulders.

Well, I think it depends on which figures you see it used on for sure. So far, my experience with it has been the POTC line and M65 Rambo, which resulted in too He-Manish Jack Sparrow and and awkwardly postured Rambo, but again, it's costuming. I think Indy having a collared shirt as well as jacket fills in around the neck and fakes the slope of the shoulders.

The Pro with it's shorter stature and narrower shoulders would be so perfect for Jack Sparrow.

Have any of you guys noticed on the Pro that the torso has two points of articulation (3 segments), but only the bottom separation actually moves. The top one is so tight, it won't stay flexed, just like the Buck torso.

still trying to decide on if i should pick this figure up. Im really wanting it now, but I think that is cause I just watched all the movies and I might be in that Indy state of mind. But I had ordered it before but cancelled to make room for incomnig preorders.

I got about $52 in rewards points so I think I might get it, just the problems with the new body has me a little hesitant as of right now.

still trying to decide on if i should pick this figure up. Im really wanting it now, but I think that is cause I just watched all the movies and I might be in that Indy state of mind. But I had ordered it before but cancelled to make room for incomnig preorders.

I got about $52 in rewards points so I think I might get it, just the problems with the new body has me a little hesitant as of right now.
If you're a fan of Indy then I would definitely pick it up. The pro does have issues, but I haven't really had trouble with getting him to keep a pose. It is just real loose when you move the joints and his head does want to flop around a bit, but when you futz with him he should stay put. Granted I just got this figure today, but I haven't had too many issues yet.

For $110 (including a bare-bones TrueType), you get a HotToys quality Indiana Jones action figure without busting your wallet. And with your discount, you'd get a HT quality Indy for only $58! :D

Here is what the outfit looks like on the Hot Toys body with the sculpted neck. I did do some customizing however to the body to make the clothes fit right.

P1010002.jpg

Really great looking - It almost seems that they were planning to use a Hot Toys body instead of the smaller Prometheus.

I am going to try to do the same :)

Yeah it really makes a big difference when you get it all together. The shirt fits so much better and the pants dont ride up. That body i used actually has a bit of a gut to lol.

Yeah it really makes a big difference when you get it all together. The shirt fits so much better and the pants dont ride up. That body i used actually has a bit of a gut to lol.

Yes, the difference is evident :)

Also the sculpted neck gives it the more quality feeling - perfect Harrison Ford silhouette.

Back