Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just incase anyone missed these, some are already 80 posts back, so heres a few just incase you missed them.
SANY2526.jpg

SANY2515-1.jpg

SANY2520.jpg

SANY2530.jpg

SANY2532.jpg

SANY2545.jpg

SANY2550.jpg

I think my favorite part of these pictures is the Obi-Clone in the background putting on his head, putting on his helmet, then walking off the stage. :lol

- J

HA! I just noticed Indy has limp-whip. :lol The handle is bent where the handle on the actual whips have a steel core in them and cannot bend at all and are never seen bent in the film. Ever. I wonder if there was a reason for them bending the handle of the whip or if it was just one of many things that Sideshow overlooked?

Now, rip me to pieces. I'm ready this time.

HA! I just noticed Indy has limp-whip. :lol The handle is bent where the handle on the actual whips have a steel core in them and cannot bend at all and are never seen bent in the film. Ever. I wonder if there was a reason for them bending the handle of the whip or if it was just one of many things that Sideshow overlooked?

You got to be kidding right?... :confused:

While we're at it, they overlooked that the gun doesn't really shoot bullets...:banghead
:rolleyes:

No offense dude, but I think you've got the wrong idea of what an Action Figure is...

I'm sure when you get older, you'll suffer from "limp-whip" too. :p

As a "newbie" how would someone go about learning to do that with their Indy figure? Is there some tutorials online listing what paints were used and how to apply it to the figure? Do you have to totally strip off the original paint first?

I think the figure looks fantastic all around, with or without the mods.

You don't usually have to strip any paint to do a repaint, but i wouldn't suggest jumping right in and repainting something like Indy if you've never done it before. I think you're unlikely to do better than the factory paint. You might want to buy some cheap loose 1/6 scale heads or figures and practice on them. I don't have any specific recommendations for tutorials or anything, although a good place to start is in the customs forum here.

You've gotta cut them some slack somewhere. There are some realities of mass-produced figures that you just have to accept.

Would anyone with the figure in hand be willing to take some shots from the back... just curious what the back of the jacket looks like.

How does the neck connect to the body? Is it like HT in that you could use one of their neck-plugs for a head with a neck... or is it completely different?

As a "newbie" how would someone go about learning to do that with their Indy figure? Is there some tutorials online listing what paints were used and how to apply it to the figure? Do you have to totally strip off the original paint first?

I think the figure looks fantastic all around, with or without the mods.

Hey Harry, I highly reccomend Tony DiTerlizzi's tutorial over at Rebelscum. When I first started out painting 1/6 scale figures, I had no clue and this helped me immensely! Tony was even gracious enough to answer any questions I had...and I had plenty. Also, check out his awesome work in his gallery there...including his Indy. The guy is a pro...literally, he is a professional artist and co-creator of The Spiderwick Chronicles.

I second the recomendation of practicing on spare heads until you get a feel for things before attempting a repaint of something like Indy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Indy is supposed to come with two guns, correct? Packaged in the accessories tray? Because I have two empty spaces where the guns should be. I haven't even cracked the tape on the accessories tray. They're supposed to be there, right? Not hidden away in his bag or anything?

- J

Serious FUTZING this morning, and I'm enjoying this figure much more today. Daylight makes a big difference.

Pics to come, but I've stripped him down and am building him up from the bare asss.

FUTZ TIPS:

The "shirt cut" is awkward to get to lay right, but it does help hold the shirt open at the top. You got to iron the collar to get it to work well, then water treat once on Indy and shape a position.

I tried water treatment on the jacket -- useless. Just bunch it up and put it under your mattress for a while, that will wrinkle it up.

The whip holder on the belt isn't big enough to hold the coiled whip. I had to remove the magnets and set them further apart to get enough room, barely.

Everything else I crumpled and wrinkle and shaped after water treatment.

I'm still putting him together, and then need to reshape the clothing a bit.

Back