Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Harry, I highly reccomend Tony DiTerlizzi's tutorial over at Rebelscum. When I first started out painting 1/6 scale figures, I had no clue and this helped me immensely! Tony was even gracious enough to answer any questions I had...and I had plenty. Also, check out his awesome work in his gallery there...including his Indy. The guy is a pro...literally, he is a professional artist and co-creator of The Spiderwick Chronicles.

I second the recomendation of practicing on spare heads until you get a feel for things before attempting a repaint of something like Indy.

Thanks for this link. Do you know of one for eyeballs?

Cool, good to know that if the body is ever tightened up it will be possible to use with old headsculpts :rock

Yeah, but the feet and are gonna present a problem, they are completely different from a HT body.

I was gonna swap him onto a HT body last night just to see how he looked, but the feet and hands and not easily compatible.

My cancellation of the exclusive came through this morning, so someone on the wait list will be happy! Maybe I'm expecting too much to compare these to Hot Toys, but by the time you add in the shipping to Australia there isn't much of a price difference between the two for me. And at that price the paint job and loose joints are so inferior to what I would expect that it became a pretty obvious decision.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Indy is supposed to come with two guns, correct? Packaged in the accessories tray? Because I have two empty spaces where the guns should be. I haven't even cracked the tape on the accessories tray. They're supposed to be there, right? Not hidden away in his bag or anything?

- J

Might've fallen loose during shipping. Did you check the box?

i just cancelled mine as well. Not too happy with some of the clothing on this one, plus with the PF coming, it's the only Indy I will need.

For old time sake...

IndyNude1.jpg

IndyNude2.jpg
IndyNude3.jpg

IndyNude4.jpg

I just noticed in Crystal skull Indy's fedora looked grey when he was boarding the train??? I thought it was always the regular color? Or does he wear a different colored fedora when he suits up to teach?

King :lol

What's up with the 'white' Darkness in the background swinging his hips? Looks like he's doing a little "ha-ha" dance: Indy whipped a nazi, Indy whipped a nazi!

Damn WG... looks great. I think with it all together even the jacket seems to work better. So just how bad is the body... I'm noticing a decent amount of shots where he's standing w/o a stand.

Is it just particular joints, and are they completely loose, or will they stay with some work?

And awesome action shots King! You treat that Nazi bad :rock

Back