Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're talking 12" right? I'd take off Bela, but add:
Frodo
Sam
Really? These are paint jobs we're talking about, right? I saw both Frodo and Sam in a store and was really tempted to get them but was put off by the quality of the paint work - sure it's clean enough, but those eyes were not only looking pretty bloodshot but the solid pale blue of the irises really put me off - they were just a little too unnatural looking.

Guess it just goes to show that what works for some doesn't work for others!

More on topic, though, does anyone have any production pics of the hatted Indy showing stubble that doesn't just run along the jawline? I'm really interested to know if the close up pic shown in this thread of just the head (an Bay auction, from memory?) was just a bad job, or whether they were all painted with a "stubble deficit". In which case, who amongst our awesome painters is going to publish a stubble tutorial?!

"Jonesing for Jones..."

Pulled these off ebay listings...

Looks Damn good to me.

indyoak1.jpg

ajones1.jpg

ajones.jpg

Enlarged... well, not really, but enhanced... but if this doesn't look like a miniature Harrison Ford in a box I don't know what does...

ajones-1.jpg

Last edited:
About these idols, are they both metal? I recall reading that the Belloq Exclusive's is, but I don't think I remember hearing the same about Indy's.

Honestly, both possibilities make sense to me; I can totally see Sideshow giving the pedestal idol a little extra pizazz by making it out of a different material. On the other, it would certainly be a whole lot easier to just stick a bunch of leftover idols in with Rene and call it a day.

Anyone know the scoop?

The gap is pointless because a real human thigh, for most people, cannot hyper extend backwards behind the buttocks. Try it. Your pelvis will tilt.

It's great that we have some members here that have studied the costume and are huge Indy fans, perhaps we need another thread about the differences in the Indy costumes?

We see the stormflap snaps on this figure and not on the prototype. Sometimes things disappear between a proto and a production figure for cost reasons, it's incredibly rare for details to be added. So as I implied earlier, it might have been LFL that insisted on a more "across the board" Indy rather than one specific to Raiders. Although there's no concrete evidence, this may have also happened with the Vader PF.

I probably wouldn't read a thread like that regularly, although its great to hear the expertise of other people. The way I see it, I'll decide for myself how much these inaccuracies bother me (probably not much) but at least now I've got the information, after reading agent5's posts.

As for the Amsel poster, I don't care which one we get in the box - either is a nice bonus - although I prefer the first one as a poster, purely because it was the first thing I ever saw about Indy - and the poster made me think Raiders was a western! It was only when I saw a TV spot that included a shot of the boulder and Indy on the front of the truck with the mercedes thing coming off in his hands that I realised this movie was something new.

The gap is pointless because a real human thigh, for most people, cannot hyper extend backwards behind the buttocks. Try it. Your pelvis will tilt.

Human beings can't swivel their wrists around 360 degrees but it's certainly not pointless on an action figure.
If we're at the point where we're complaining about good articualtion I think I am officially out of this thread.
:wave

Human beings can't swivel their wrists around 360 degrees but it's certainly not pointless on an action figure.
If we're at the point where we're complaining about good articualtion I think I am officially out of this thread.
:wave

I'm not saying the gap is good or bad. But gaps around the hips have been known to cause some problems in the past (e.g. Jedi Luke).

Does anyone here own the Newline Miniature 1930's civilian boots made for Indiana Jones? I would like to see how they look on a figure.

I've got a pair on my custom Indy. They look nice. They're pretty accurate although not as detailed as a good plastic sculpt but I like the idea of having what I think is real leather, laces, eyelets and hooks. They're certainly not over-sized if that's what you're worried about. At just over 2 inches long they're perfectly in scale with my own Aldens which are about 12 inches long. And at $14.95 they don't exactly break the bank.

Last edited:
Back