Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been enjoying this often heated discussion. The passion for the subject is one of the things that makes this hobby so worthwhile.
For my part, I don't think that just because a figure can be altered o the taste of the consumer means that the base figure is necessarily flawed. For all intents and purposes, this is an inredible entry in the growing collectors market of Indiana Jones figures.
As a painter who loves and is proud of his work and the work of others, I can get a bit disappointed when a figure comes out so well, that I can thik of nothing to fix. Fortunately, that does not happen often.
I'd love to see a seperate thread on the differences in Indy's costume so long as it was accompanied by some very good, maybe even hi-res, pictorials. Such a thread would be invaluable for a customizer, and it seems to me that the ranks of customizers, painters, and tweakers are growing in our little Sideshow community.
I am truly excited for this figure, in part, because we're going to see such remarkable custom work based on what appears to be an incredibly strong entry. Can't wait to get him in my hands and under my brush!
And don't forget me when you want yours painted, friends. I anticipate Dr. Jones being a lot of fun.

I've been enjoying this often heated discussion. The passion for the subject is one of the things that makes this hobby so worthwhile.
For my part, I don't think that just because a figure can be altered o the taste of the consumer means that the base figure is necessarily flawed. For all intents and purposes, this is an inredible entry in the growing collectors market of Indiana Jones figures.
As a painter who loves and is proud of his work and the work of others, I can get a bit disappointed when a figure comes out so well, that I can thik of nothing to fix. Fortunately, that does not happen often.
I'd love to see a seperate thread on the differences in Indy's costume so long as it was accompanied by some very good, maybe even hi-res, pictorials. Such a thread would be invaluable for a customizer, and it seems to me that the ranks of customizers, painters, and tweakers are growing in our little Sideshow community.
I am truly excited for this figure, in part, because we're going to see such remarkable custom work based on what appears to be an incredibly strong entry. Can't wait to get him in my hands and under my brush!
And don't forget me when you want yours painted, friends. I anticipate Dr. Jones being a lot of fun.

:lecture Excellent points Mikey.

The snap buttons on the top and bottom of the zipper are a little bit of a mystery to me. I imagine it's to give the option to close up his jacket, but would anyone really do that? Indy does sometimes zip the jacket, but only halfway. I don't think it's that noticeable though.

I must say, all the figures I have gotten (I'm just starting so I only have about 6 now), I have felt they look far superior in person than they do in their already great pictures. I have always been incredibly impressed, thinking the pics were great already, and the figure is even better! So, as happy as I am with how Indy looks in the picture, I'm sure I'll be even happier with him in person.

While I'm not sure I think that LFL MAY have something to do with the snaps on the jacket. Many other "Raiders" offerings also have them, such as the Kotobukia statue. Perhaps they're not even aware that the Raiders and Temple jackets had none. The most recent Crystal Skull jacket did have them and maybe they just assume by looking at that material that they have been the same all along. I dunno. I still stand by my statement that it's not at all hard to just put in the dvd and get some screen caps for reference. Sideshow got it right on the prototype so it seemed they did do some research into it so I can't see any other explanation for them adding them other that the LFL people asked them to. Again, just my speculation.

Found these on the OSW:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86720

IMG_63721.jpg

IMG_63751.jpg

IMG_63781.jpg

It must be an illusion, but does Indy's head look larger than it did on the prototype?
(prototype on box)
IMG_8603.jpg

IMG_63721.jpg

I don't care about what nit picks people have , everyone has a right to thier opinion and one one person views something as cool on a figure another isn't going to like it.

I'm just excited that the wait is almost over and we'll all have this figure in hand much more sooner than later now!!! Hopefully they will start shipping these early next week so most will have it by Thanksgiving .

Those pics are great! Best since the prototype pics were unveiled. My question about the bag strap buckle placement has been answered.

I was watching Raiders again last night doing prep work for when the figure arrives :) I just watched the trilogy over the weekend and I'm already watching it again, Indy movies don't get old with repeat viewings, they're just fun over and over again.

I was watching Raiders again last night doing prep work for when the figure arrives :) I just watched the trilogy over the weekend and I'm already watching it again, Indy movies don't get old with repeat viewings, they're just fun over and over again.

Me too! I always put in a movie to fall asleep to and the Indy movies have been it for like a week. Raiders I should know better as I can't fall asleep to it. Just too awesome fun of a movie to sleep. Some of the best music of all time is the Ark theme and the truck chase scene.

It's great that we have some members here that have studied the costume and are huge Indy fans, perhaps we need another thread about the differences in the Indy costumes?

We see the stormflap snaps on this figure and not on the prototype. Sometimes things disappear between a proto and a production figure for cost reasons, it's incredibly rare for details to be added. So as I implied earlier, it might have been LFL that insisted on a more "across the board" Indy rather than one specific to Raiders. Although there's no concrete evidence, this may have also happened with the Vader PF.

Exactly! This is meant to be a Raiders Indy which caused many to believe they would make a Temple Indy (ripped shirt, machete, etc.), Last Crusade Indy (black tie, submachine gun, etc.) and all the figures associated with these films. Perhaps they decided not to do all the different Indys and just make one "across the board" Indy as you stated. To most fans, Indy is Indy and I'm cool with that; I was just wondering.

While I'm not sure I think that LFL MAY have something to do with the snaps on the jacket. Many other "Raiders" offerings also have them, such as the Kotobukia statue. Perhaps they're not even aware that the Raiders and Temple jackets had none. The most recent Crystal Skull jacket did have them and maybe they just assume by looking at that material that they have been the same all along. I dunno. I still stand by my statement that it's not at all hard to just put in the dvd and get some screen caps for reference. Sideshow got it right on the prototype so it seemed they did do some research into it so I can't see any other explanation for them adding them other that the LFL people asked them to. Again, just my speculation.

My guess is they don't know (LFL I mean). They've shown this many times over the years with some very odd requests or sudden changes to products. SS could have put in the DVD and seen things but if they're told by LFL to do it one way and they don't they could lose it. I'd prefer that not to happen honestly.

I know. Honestly I watch Indy a lot as much as I watch LOTR and thats my #1. These films just don't get old and actually more enjoyable over time as you said. :rock
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can I just have my figure already? These freaking pictures are killing me.

I can't get over the apparent variation within the same figure's face paint. Pic 1 looks "right" with the stubble on the cheeks. Pic 2 makes it look liker there's hardly any stubble at all. Pic 3 shows stubble, but only along the jawline. I think this figure will be one that will not only need futzing, but also a lighting director to ensure it's seen in the best way!

Maybe the big issue with the jacket has to do with that old nemesis of movie firgures: licensing. Based on the following story about the Temple jacket (as well as the issues detailed in the Raiders jacket article), it appears that there may be a reason beyond Sideshow's control in creating a jacket for this figure. Anyways, this might clear up the reasons behind the "buttons-on-the-stormflap" flap.

https://www.indygear.com/igjacket-ToD.html

Anyways, I am excited about this figure. Indy is one of my favorite fictional characters and the movies (yes, even KOTCS) are among my favorites.

I can't get over the apparent variation within the same figure's face paint. Pic 1 looks "right" with the stubble on the cheeks. Pic 2 makes it look liker there's hardly any stubble at all. Pic 3 shows stubble, but only along the jawline. I think this figure will be one that will not only need futzing, but also a lighting director to ensure it's seen in the best way!

It's pretty clear to me it's "chin strap" stubble. Easy fix I would think...

I really like the outcome of this figure, which I hope the same can be said about the PF. Damn...i can't wait for the PF.

Congrats to those that will be getting this soon.

Back