Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a little harsh. They both do look decent. They need work to look outstanding. Big difference in my mind.

I just don't understand why people get worked up over someone else's opinion of an action figure or statue or movie.

To me its one thing to make comments about a hunk of plastic, but another entirely to insult a person with feelings and make them feel unwelcome.

Problem is, some people seem to be expecting Indy to be of Hot Toys quality in terms of 'out of the box' appearance. I'm pretty sure if we paid HT prices then Sideshow could deliver that for us. But they're not, they're a fair bit cheaper... so that has to come from somewhere.

I don't think anyone can look at those outside shots above (with the cliffs and waterfalls) and say the figure 'blows' or whatever. And it doesnt *take* a ton of work to look good... it's already looks good, just not spectacular. And you can do a lot of work to it to *make* it spectacular... but you really don't have to.

I don't think anyone can look at those outside shots above (with the cliffs and waterfalls) and say the figure 'blows' or whatever. And it doesnt *take* a ton of work to look good... it's already looks good, just not spectacular. And you can do a lot of work to it to *make* it spectacular... but you really don't have to.

Thanks, and in terms of the figure's quality, I agree a hundred percent; if I'd never seen or heard of the toy before I spotted it in the store, I'd be pretty happy with it, despite its thinness and wobbly neck. It's only because I've seen what people here have done to improve it that I'm considering dropping so much more money into improving it, and it's not even that it needs those improvements to be good enough; I'm just that I am that excited to have such a definitive Indy.

Let's keep the discussion civil please. Thanks.

Oh, and Monte....beautiful work on those shots, sir! Inspired me to grab one more shot of Indy outdoors...

3499001196_8e27baf5c7_b.jpg

Hadn't taken one of him without his hat yet...

Last edited:
Got my indy a few days ago and switched out the bodies after doing a video. its a pretty nice figure I gotta say. Here are a few pictures, dont have the nice settings as some of you but its what I have.

201_0327.jpg

201_0328.jpg

201_0331.jpg

201_0334.jpg

I had wanted to photoshop some bullets and wood chips flying through the air in that one picture but didnt do anything to it yet.

I got my indy yesterday and after a bit of futzing i managed to get him looking pretty good. Thought i'd add a couple of pics!

S7300798.jpg

S7300805.jpg

Monte.

I love your photo's.

Wasn't you afraid Indy might loose his ballance and be lost for ever in this one?
IMG_0069.jpg

Once again. Fantastic photo's.

Thanks, Tyler.

Yeah, I was a little nervous; one hand held the camera and the other hovered near Indy, ready to lunge for him if need be.

A Sigma 6 toy fell off the rim once. I climbed down after it. :)

Excellent Pics Tyler ! They got me hearing the Indy Theme music in my head. I was recently on another board where The Sideshow Indy was compared to the Medicom Indy's. The argument was that Sideshows paint apps on Indy is sub par. I disagreed, I think Sideshow rocked it and the leather Jacket may be thin but it works. I love this figure the tailoring of the clothing the head sculpt is almost dead on. Medicom Indy is too thin ,smaller in scale and the sculpt is just a little weird. The Jacket is of a better quality but the zipper is way too big. I will be posting my Sideshow Indy pics pretty soon.

Excellent Pics Tyler ! They got me hearing the Indy Theme music in my head. I was recently on another board where The Sideshow Indy was compared to the Medicom Indy's. The argument was that Sideshows paint apps on Indy is sub par. I disagreed, I think Sideshow rocked it and the leather Jacket may be thin but it works. I love this figure the tailoring of the clothing the head sculpt is almost dead on. Medicom Indy is too thin ,smaller in scale and the sculpt is just a little weird. The Jacket is of a better quality but the zipper is way too big. I will be posting my Sideshow Indy pics pretty soon.

I'll check in to see your Indy. But if you are refering to the pics of Indy in the caves and on the cliff etc. They are Monte Williams pics. He should get your credit, not me.

chalky, man your belt in fraying something fierce.:(

Yeh, i noticed how bad it was after taking the pics, im looking at how to swap bodies to a soldier story so when ive done that ill trim it up properly and glue it down i think! Im just having a bit of a problem working out how to get the head onto the solder story neck so at the moment it'l have to do

Back