Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6.75 is not accurate in relation to the Tamashii 3PO. Sideshow will have to make an 11" 3PO for that (the approximate height 3PO is listed at on wookiepedia). Just a thought, but these "1:1" heights may be handed down by LFL and out of Sideshow's control.

What's up with C-3PO's height? I'm confused.

Anthony Daniels himself is recorded as either 5'8" or 5'9" (more probably 5'8"). Yet I can see C-3PO as a character recorded as either 5'6" or 5'7".

On screen he can't be 2-3 inches shorter than the actor inside, unless it's because he walks with his legs bent all the time!

Tamashii at 11.5" is 5'9".

At 5'6" the figure would be 11" as you say.

I looked at the size comparison chart and I'd say it does look a *tad* on the small side. I think I'll be okay with that though. I think the set is really great.

There was a comparison chart? Are you talking about those silhouettes of various figure lined up next to one another that SSC does some times? I didn't see one for R2.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I just pre-ordered R2D2
I can't believe he'll be shipping in December!
I hope in time for Christmas!
The silhouette of C3PO behind R2...is that a tease of a future Sideshow 3PO figure?
If so I don't think it'll top the Tamashii,but I'll get him anyway.

Either way, I think we can expect a Threepio from Sideshow.

Remember how vague SSC seemed on the Tama Threepio? They wouldn't confirm if it was their[/] Threepio to come out.

WOW -- it IS $150!!!! I really can't believe it. Yes, I admit, you 150 guys were right

WOW -- it does EVERYTHING!

WO WOW WOW -- the last picture shows C-3PO in the background!!!

Come on SDCC!

FWIW, from the Ask Sideshow sub-forum

So I just recently saw that a r2-d2 sixth scale was announced. Does that mean we can potentially get a c3po sixth scale to go along with him? That would be great.

Y'all will just have to wait and see!

-SideshowAlex

Everything else in that section, that's wishlists and whatnot, SSC never responds to, so just the fact that this got a response is a pretty solid indication. I mean, apart from the fact that it's silly to do one without the other.

Sound was looked into extensively for R2 but with everything else that was executed for him there ended being a room issue with the piece so no sound could be added in.

-SideshowAlex

R2 will have his restraining bolt included.

-SideshowAlex

Too bad about the sound, but good news about the bolt.

For this price, this is a no brainer. I think a 1/6 C-3PO and R2 will have to do because the PF's are way to expensive.

Everything else in that section, that's wishlists and whatnot, SSC never responds to, so just the fact that this got a response is a pretty solid indication. I mean, apart from the fact that it's silly to do one without the other.

"You'll just have to wait and see."

Yeah. :lol

As far as I'm concerned that was a confirmation.

Amazing how the cruel price tag on the Tamashi Threepio makes this price seem like an incredible deal. Ordered.

When did he use the "spacecraft linkage" arm?

I've been trying to find that out myself.

There's no record of it here: https://www.r2-d2.de/Character/character.htm

Wor-Gar said:
And isn't the "laser welding" tool the arm he shocks the Ewoks with?

Seems to be two different tools.

The electrical arc zapper was in the small horizontal panel above the six switches.

The welding tool was in a bigger panel on the left - used by Artoo on Luke's X-Wing on Dagobah in ROTJ.

Grabbed R2D2. It looks so good and all the accessories are awesome! Hoping C3P0 is coming SOON!! I missed out on both PFs and they are way too expensive.

"You'll just have to wait and see."

Yeah. :lol

As far as I'm concerned that was a confirmation.

It's easier to possibly confirm something when a tease of it will be revealed shortly after a question is asked. ;)

-SideshowAlex

I've been trying to find that out myself.

There's no record of it here: https://www.r2-d2.de/Character/character.htm

Seems to be two different tools.

The electrical arc zapper was in the small horizontal panel above the six switches.

The welding tool was in a bigger panel on the left - used by Artoo on Luke's X-Wing on Dagobah in ROTJ.

Thanks for that, very helpful!

Back