Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just preordered the living crap out of this. Can't wait for this little guy! Just secured a Dx 07 and my girl bought (what I think was the last in stock) Yoda Hut for my birthday. It's been a good Star Wars Day! May the 4th be with you all! Always!

I was debating back and forth but this is just too sweet and comes with too much cool stuff to pass on so I ordered one. Have to have an R2 and 3PO in every collection.

Who said this was made for the Tamashii 3PO? Sideshow would be crazy not to make their own.

No one, but you know a lot of people here want to display him that way right? I don't have the Tamashii 3PO and have no plans to buy it any longer. But scale is scale, and the Tama 3PO is pretty accurate for height. Which means that this R2 is not. It won't look quite right next to any Star Wars figure released so far. Will it look "good enough?" Probably. I'm getting it when it's released, but I won't pre-order.

What's up with C-3PO's height? I'm confused.
At 5'6" the figure would be 11" as you say.

Exactly, different height on screen than the measurement given in the various wikis. Which is why I suggested it's possible that LFL has a specific 1:1 height defined for the characters, regardless of how they looked on screen. That still doesn't explain why Sideshow's Vader is both taller than the on-screen character *and* the published height measurements of course, so I really haven't even a solid hypothesis for R2.

But when Sideshow's 3PO does finally come out, he'll need to be 11" to look screen accurate next to this R2. Just don't put them next to any other figures that have already been released (from SSC or Hot Toys). Hey, anyone know how tall Medicom's 3PO is?

Alex can you do me a favor and personally go to all the people at ssc that had a hand in developing r2 and give them a big hug and a thank you from all us freaks (well the ones that are happy with what they see)........:)

Alex can you do me a favor and personally go to all the people at ssc that had a hand in developing r2 and give them a big hug and a thank you from all us freaks (well the ones that are happy with what they see)........:)

:exactly: and if they are ever in Alaska (maybe doing research on what Hoth was like) all the beers are on me. :duff

Back