Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can almost guarantee that people are going to be (very) disappointed at the scale when this guy is in-hand. The Hasbro R2 is just a tiny bit taller than 6.25" making this one just under .5" taller. He really needed to be 7" or taller.

I can guarantee (without qualification) that most people will not give two ****s about .25"-.5".

$150?!? So bought!!! :rock :rock :rock

$150 seems a tad pricey......

Really? I was figuring on $200 :lol

Not expensive enough.

Pass.

True, un-ordered :lecture

https://www.r2-d2.de/index5.htm

At 1/6 that would be 7", which makes him .25" too short.

I can live with him being 1/4" off.

I hope Sideshow continues using this type of graphic for all their figures, including Hot Toys. It's nice to see everything that's included laid out like this.

2asa4u9e.jpg

Yeah, it's a nice touch... although looks like the description for 8 and 9 don't match up and would have been nice if they did the same for the exclusive versions. but a very cool graphic to have.

Im going to get it from my local comic shop he gives me a better deal, i rather save a few bucks since Han will be coming out the same time,and as far as .25 size diffrence

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

This is probably the FIRST time I've started to consider getting an exclusive version through SSC.

Too much goodness here.. :cool:

Some exclusives were too good to resist - Bossk's roaring head; Han Hoth blue coat and brown coat; Luke Hoth. I think extra head sculpts are worth going for. Vader's severed hand was marginal.

In this case Artoo, even with the customs tax and shipping, isn't costing much more than the regular (I had $16.40 left in reward points). He just wouldn't feel complete without all the available arms.

So many variations and ways to display this that it'll be great to have two of them to play with!

Ordered R2 on the FLEX. I am happy with what I see. 6.75 works for me. Looks right to my ignorant eyes when I put the ruler next to my Tamashii 3PO.

But then again, the other pixel guarantees dissatisfaction...

Order canceled.

:mad:

Im going to get it from my local comic shop he gives me a better deal, i rather save a few bucks since Han will be coming out the same time,and as far as .25 size diffrence

Dang touch screen. As I was saying as far as the .25 im going to grind down my tomashi 3-po's feet.....jk. I will deal with the size diffrence.

Looks great. ..Price Not too bad. May get another one later to make a Swamp version to display with Jedi Mentor Yoda (arguing over the lamp).
Looks like a lot of good effort went into putting this one together. Sideshow has already shown many times that they can do justice to the DROID characters. Can't wait. ..

Wonder how long it'll be before we see R5D4?

I see the restraining bolt in two of the pics, but I don't see it listed in the parts.

Also the unfinished (missing arm pistons) Threepio silhouette is pretty reassuring.

Ok so I havent ordered much from SS lately , is there no regular version on the SS site? I am just trying to figure how to tell if your get the EX or the regular version.

Wonder how long it'll be before we see R5D4?

Not sure how long it will be, but at $150 they've priced them at a point that makes variants seem likely and I'd at least buy an R5. But I could see them releasing quite a few R2 units.

Ok so I havent ordered much from SS lately , is there no regular version on the SS site? I am just trying to figure how to tell if your get the EX or the regular version.

There are indeed two distinct versions. Look for the "Sideshow Exclusive" symbol on top of the main item picture.

Exclusive: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-r2-d2-deluxe-sideshow-collectibles-21721/

Regular: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-r2-d2-deluxe-sideshow-collectibles-2172/

Wow! This is officially the FIRST time the price has been what people hoped it would be. $150 is a steal! Especially nowadays! I really thought it would be $200+. Glad to see Sideshow being very reasonable about this figure. Very impressive set! Definitely in for the exclusives.

Ordered!

(In spirit only. I'll wait till he's eligible for one of those monthly coupons.)

They can keep all the trinkets. About 100% of the time mine will look like this.

I'll probably use the sensorscope or maybe the terminal arm... but I'm sure after day one about half or more of the accessories will never leave the tray :lol

I'll probably use the sensorscope or maybe the terminal arm... but I'm sure after day one about half or more of the accessories will never leave the tray :lol

Mine will either look like the picture above of it will be boner R2 from ROTJ. On second thought, it will probably look like the one above.

I think he turned out great. I'm wrestling with it a little bit. I don't normally collect 1/6, but it's R2 and the price is very welcoming in my eyes. I'm thinking I'll take the plunge, just not 100% yet.

Back