Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine yesterday. Didn't initially order but after seeing the pics posted and knowing this is most likely SS's last 1:6 release I bought one. Yes the helmetless sculpt is just ok at best . It resembles Lando but is not a strong likeness but got for the helmeted sculpt. No flaking issues on the pleather and over all happy with this release. It's worth getting for those who are on the fence.

Everyone complains about the cost of Hot Toys figures and Sideshow is "almost" at that level.

I am pretty sure if Hot Toys made this figure, we would be more disappointed.

The main reason I want this figure is I always liked the characters in disguise type figures when I was a kid. Like Han and Luke disguised as Storm Troopers and Leia in the Boushh disguise.

Just received this today (along with Qui-Gon). Been enjoying everyone's comments on how this one reminds them of old figures they had or some fun walks down memory lane.

Maybe sometime the portrait isn't perfect or the figure might be lacking with today's exacting standards, but if it can generate some good feeling while looking at it or posing it up, than it's already a success.

Looking forward to unboxing it and checking it out for myself tomorrow along with a shot or two. Hope some others post some new shots too!

From what I've seen, most who have this figure are pretty happy with it. The only real criticism is with the head sculpt, but we already knew that was gonna be bad.

Yeah that seems like a lack of reading comprehension in this thread, not a lack of quality in the figure.:lol

Just received this today (along with Qui-Gon). Been enjoying everyone's comments on how this one reminds them of old figures they had or some fun walks down memory lane.

Maybe sometime the portrait isn't perfect or the figure might be lacking with today's exacting standards, but if it can generate some good feeling while looking at it or posing it up, than it's already a success.

Looking forward to unboxing it and checking it out for myself tomorrow along with a shot or two. Hope some others post some new shots too!

Great, I'm amazed at how few in-hand pics have been posted in this thread.:dunno

Always remember digging them going under cover as well. Boushh was definitely a favorite of mine, wasn't that one of the very first SS figures?

Apologies as these aren't the best shots but just wanted to get a couple taken. I actually didn't mind the helmetless sculpt but it was always going to be the helmeted version that got used. I'll try and take a couple of pics with Boushh and ROTJ Boba.

image0.jpg
image1.jpg
image2.jpg
image3.jpg
image4.jpg

I'm still really excited after seeing all those images!

The sculpt for me really isn't that bad, and maybe even better in hand!

Nice helmet comparison. Sideshow did a beautiful job on theirs. I ended up heating mine up and pulling the chin guard down a bit. I might pull it down a just a little more.

6936AAAC-133F-4D2F-B533-A4C5BB8E5E3A.jpeg

Nice shots, Robianco! Glad you posted the box shots too. I like Sideshow's slight variation on the standard formula with the art. And that pose is great, Coco!

Got him yesterday along with Qui-Gon. Some quick shots and first thoughts....

SKIFF GUARD LANDO 005.jpg

I can see why this one shot up to the top of some folks "best of" lists. I think it looks great.

SKIFF GUARD LANDO 003.jpg

The outfit and weapons are very good. The hands are very well done. really like the lighter palms, a very nice attention to detail.

SKIFF GUARD LANDO 001.jpg

I think the portrait is fine. It doesn't feature the HT stipple on the skin, but it's clean and sharp. The hair looks good except for some smooth glossy spots on the front where the bag might have rubbed against it when it was packed. Still, it conveys a good attitude. He wasn't the smooth talker when in disguise...he was a man on an infiltration mission to save a comrade. A relax or jovial expression would have looked out of place here.

SKIFF GUARD LANDO 006.jpg

I wish the tusks were pulled a little lower on the face to show the eyes more. I'm not bold enough to break the glue to move them down. So heating it might be enough? Hmmmm.
The white strings are odd, almost like an "oops!" with the material choice. Watching the skiff scene, the strips almost look like leather shoelaces on the costume, not white packing string. I will probably darken them at some point. Also great to have a solid base body...not floppy or loose.

All and all, I think he looks great. Really glad I got him. I hope Sideshow does more SW sixth-scale. I've been pleased with the ones I've picked up over the last few years.

Last edited:
Great pics, jedi bear!

No need to break the glue joints to lower the chin guard. Just stick a half a mug of water in the microwave for 90 seconds, plop the head in there for about 15 seconds, carefully take it out and gently pull the strap down and hold it under running cold water until it sets.

3E091627-92DC-4AA6-9DB8-08EA7D025674.jpeg

Nice helmet comparison. Sideshow did a beautiful job on theirs. I ended up heating mine up and pulling the chin guard down a bit. I might pull it down a just a little more.

View attachment 503625

Wow, do I love Coco's high-res pics.:clap:clap:clap

Yeah, I rebooted that Tomy for my custom - I'll post side-by-side with the Sideshow version tomorrow (my reboot shows the Tomy at a similar finish level to the SSC, not just fresh from the box like above.) While obviously "out of the box" the Sideshow is better, the Sideshow does have a few nitpick issues:

1. the face covering/horns too high
2. top of overall helmet a little too "egg shaped"
3. face covering lacks finer detail (compare Sideshow's cheek/ear area with the Tomy - SSC's has no sculpt detail at all)
4. Rivets too large on brow strip

Both have the big horns/teeth a little too thick but not a huge issue.

Great pics, jedi bear!

No need to break the glue joints to lower the chin guard. Just stick a half a mug of water in the microwave for 90 seconds, plop the head in there for about 15 seconds, carefully take it out and gently pull the strap down and hold it under running cold water until it sets.

View attachment 503627

Was going to ask how you did that, so thanks for the explanation on this, I might try it myself!

Seems that I'm going to receive this item at the end of the week (or start of next week, depending on how busy the postal workers are), excited to get it and place it in my Jabba setup! :joy

Back