Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived today from SS. A solid B from my perspective. I dont find the unhelmeted head sculpt near lacking as the picks indicate. The lack of a knockout portrait and some tailoring choices take it down a few pegs. Overall pretty solid release imo.

Mine arrived today from SS. A solid B from my perspective. I dont find the unhelmeted head sculpt near lacking as the picks indicate. The lack of a knockout portrait and some tailoring choices take it down a few pegs. Overall pretty solid release imo.

Which tailoring choices stand out? I did notice that they really didn't match the brown "vest" of the costume very well (they used a mottled/camouflage fabric pattern instead of actual raised pleat lines on the costume) but it's not hugely noticeable. The plastic boots came out a little better than I feared, and the leatherwork overall seems solid though not at the level of Sideshow's best like on the Jawa.

I do still plan to use the unhelmeted head for something.

Hopefully Brians Toys gets around to shipping this fig soon.:tap:gah:

Saw this on FB, doesn't look that bad. Maybe SS was hoping to siphon off some HT sales.

bf1b8fd3f998e22cba3bfa97af274f80.jpg

Looks way better than I imagined it would. But I probably won't bother tracking the old Sideshow release down with the HT coming in the near-ish future.

If it wasn't for those overly angry eyebrows I think the sculpt would actually be decent enough to display. But as is it just makes him look too much like a cartoon character for my taste.

First impressions out of box I am really happy with this figure overall and thrilled to finally add it to Jabba's setup.

The box art is nice enough but Sideshow's plastic trays feel really cheap. I don't really care about stuff like this anymore but still jumped out at me. I love the vibro axe. My pistol has a slightly warped/crooked barrel. It isn't really noticeable from the side but is apparent from straight on and top down. Not sure it's worth the hassle of replacement since it will probably always be in the holster.

Nice attention to detail on the hands as they actually lightened up his palms. The body joints are tight enough but is a bit beefy for Billy Dee. I think the costume details are quite nice with a couple minor nits. Love the helmeted sculpt! This character is right in Sideshow's wheelhouse.

Looking at a few screenshots it does look like the face "horns" should probably sit a bit lower down toward nose level. They are close to eye level here. I can forgive this though, still love this helmeted sculpt.
79ca1753d052e25f0736f87160857fec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Which tailoring choices stand out? I did notice that they really didn't match the brown "vest" of the costume very well (they used a mottled/camouflage fabric pattern instead of actual raised pleat lines on the costume) but it's not hugely noticeable. The plastic boots came out a little better than I feared, and the leatherwork overall seems solid though not at the level of Sideshow's best like on the Jawa.

Mostly items in mid section...pants and boots are fine. i don't like the material for the under shirt or vest......the armor could have been better but it's serviceable. The holster is cheap....all that aside it displays nicely

Saw this on FB, doesn't look that bad. Maybe SS was hoping to siphon off some HT sales.

bf1b8fd3f998e22cba3bfa97af274f80.jpg

That figure looks fantastic... except for the head sculpt. I'm in agreement that it looks like a super-hero comic book type of sculpt.

But aside from the sculpt, the rest looks great.

Here's my Lando after trying it out on a Damtoys body. This was thrown together pretty quick so I didn't take much time to futz everything properly. And the body is only resting on the feet at the moment since Sideshow likes to use those giant pegs (he probably also needs to be made about a quarter inch taller).

But so far I'm really liking the slimmer and more natural look it has now. Not to mention the less bulging neck. So think I'll probably stick with this body and make whatever improvements I need to.

20210104_215702 (2).jpg

20210104_215948 (2).jpg

20210104_215940 (2).jpg

Looking at a few screenshots it does look like the face "horns" should probably sit a bit lower down toward nose level. They are close to eye level here. I can forgive this though, still love this helmeted sculpt.
79ca1753d052e25f0736f87160857fec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

They are too high on the figure. It is possible to break the glue holding them to the helmet and reposition them a bit lower.

IMG_0081.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my Lando after trying it out on a Damtoys body. This was thrown together pretty quick so I didn't take much time to futz everything properly. And the body is only resting on the feet at the moment since Sideshow likes to use those giant pegs (he probably also needs to be made about a quarter inch taller).

But so far I'm really liking the slimmer and more natural look it has now. Not to mention the less bulging neck. So think I'll probably stick with this body and make whatever improvements I need to.

View attachment 503011

I definitely like the slimmer look of that body. Great natural pose, too.

View attachment 503009

View attachment 503010

View attachment 503011

That looks fantastic! :clap

It's a nice looking Lando, just not a Billy Dee Lando. It kind of reminds me of a comic book Billy Dee Lando. You know how an artist takes the character and "chisels" them up.

that's a great and pretty spot on analogy.

For those who ordered this through BriansToys they said it should ship by end of this week.:yess:

View attachment 503009

View attachment 503010

View attachment 503011

That looks terrific! I'm always impressed by the modifications, paint touches, and great posing that you repeatedly achieve with your figures. Great stuff. :clap

Invoiced by Popcultcha a few hours ago. Excited to make my own mind on this Lando when i finally have it in hand.

Back