Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"We're on our way!"
Well, wasn't expecting the thread bump to include this! Definitely on my wishlist, even though he'll be pricey in Ausbucks. I'm slowing the collecting down and only picking the figures that really matter to me nowadays, so I can probably justify this. Plus I still really like what SS were able to do with the 2x pilot Lukes. And like those figs, this will be helmeted on the shelf.:lol

The likeness on the helmet-less head does look a bit off (jawline too chiseled and face too lean,) but still pretty solid, certainly a decent chunk of Lando in there and lots of sculpt detail.

Celebs Like Me thought so too:

lando.jpg

Had given up on this one to the point i burned all my reward points on SSC 3PO late last year seeing Sideshow abandonning the 1/6 Star Wars market for good.

Gotta say i'm pretty excited by this announcement. Clearly $245 sounds steep even though we get two HS. Box is pretty empty and a removable/spare helmet would have been appreciated.

Anyway, will have to find an alternative to Sideshow direct as shipping, taxes and Fedex fees are a killer for overseas collectors if i bite on that Lando.

HT version has to come eventually. Not paying almost ?250 after shipping and customs for a Sideshow figure. Maybe when they inevitably don't sell enough and start offering a free UK shipping deal, though probably not.

Said everyone who passed on Snowspeeder Luke....

Don't see why there's soo much hate for this :dunno If you think it's too expensive then don't buy it... Simple. I think it's fairly reasonable in today's market, especially with the 2 x head sculpts. It's a definite purchase as far as I'm concerned. I think the likeness could be a little better but it's not far away. This was one of my favourite Kenner figures as a kid. I can remember being in wonderment when they started bringing figures out with removable helmets. Good times...

I wish Sideshow would/could put out a statement saying either A) this is the last 1/6 Star Wars figure approved and thus the last or B) more to come soon. Still curious about the shipping date estimate.

I would love to see them do a Gamorrean Guard 2.0 next. I would buy at least 2.

I wish Sideshow would/could put out a statement saying either A) this is the last 1/6 Star Wars figure approved and thus the last or B) more to come soon. Still curious about the shipping date estimate.

I would love to see them do a Gamorrean Guard 2.0 next. I would buy at least 2.

Where did this notion that SS gave up the license to make 1/6 figures come from? Did someone from SS actually say that?

A lot of people had negative comments regarding the Snow Speeder Luke as well and said they would not buy it or they would wait until they saw in hand pics. Everyone speculated he would sit on the shelf and they would wait to buy it once it was discounted. Then before release he was sold out and became a very limited release and people were thrown off guard. Granted his sculpt wasn't perfect he still wasn't as bad as people made him out to be. Even Hot Toys can't get a perfect sculpt of Hamill. Now he is one of the harder figures to buy and price has doubled since its release. There's no guarantee Hot Toys will ever make one so don't let other peoples comments make your decision for you.

Great idea but that old SSC Lando actually had a terrific likeness - it did suffer in other areas though. With a bit more sculpt detail and shrunk by 10%, that head (with HT-quality paint apps obviously) would be a near-perfect Lando.

Yeah, that sculpt is pretty solid and a tad oversized. It still looks pretty good mixed in with my HT figures. Since I have no ability to re-paint the sculpt to make it better, I think the head swap will be a decent upgrade. Either way, I'm definitely in for this Lando as the Skiff Guard outfit is a favorite of mine.

I still like the old Lando sculpt.

I changed the body from the floppy little Prometheus 1.0 to one from Kaustic Plastik, but the colour doesn't match. I still can't make him tall enough as his trousers are too short. And he never could hold his blaster properly.

He was my first expensive Sideshow Star Wars figure. I think he was 60 GBP, which was around three times what I'd been paying.

100_9424.JPG

Page after page of hoping this guy gets put up for PO, and when he does...

I have no intention of waiting another 10 years for HT to get off their collective asses and release this. We haven’t even gotten an ESB Lando from them. By the time they get around to making this version, assuming they ever do, the cost for an average, bare-bones HT figure will probably be around $400. Cant wait to add this to my Jabba display.

Page after page of hoping this guy gets put up for PO, and when he does...

I have no intention of waiting another 10 years for HT to get off their collective asses and release this. We haven’t even gotten an ESB Lando from them. By the time they get around to making this version, assuming they ever do, the cost for an average, bare-bones HT figure will probably be around $400. Cant wait to add this to my Jabba display.

You have the perfect home awaiting him!

Where did this notion that SS gave up the license to make 1/6 figures come from? Did someone from SS actually say that?

They never put out an official statement one way or the other but all the warning signs were flashing. They quickly rushed out a couple figures, they haven't shown anything new in absolutely ages, they continue showing already released stuff at shows, they were absent at a big Star Wars panel at a Con, etc. While no official announcement ever happened I think some folks with company connections basically confirmed no agreement had been reached to continue the license.

So now the question is whether they were allowed to make Lando because he was already in the works, or have they reached an agreement with Disney to continue making more Star Wars 1/6? We already know they started making new statues again.

I had a $20 coupon on my bespin leia shipper that just arrived. Hopefully I can use it on lando to help with shipping. Then hot toys will announce skiff lando next week and piss off everyone.

I am pretty sure Hot Toys will never touch Skiff Lando. We need Sideshow for figures like this guy. I think it's important to support figures like this if you want to see more. I am going to preorder tomorrow I think.

Hot Toys will almost certainly do Bespin Lando though, amazing that they still have not:mad:

Nowhere...just pure nonsense...SS still has the 1/6 Star Wars license and is planning more figures.

Back