Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i put mine on the toy works mace windu body. i put the toy works mace windu on a hot toys nick furry body. the toy works looks like a clone of the hot toys han solo ANH body style.

Lando arrived today.

Overall he's an interesting looking figure, but it's a mixed bag. There's some good detail in the boots/sandals and helmet, but the armour pieces look very plastic and pretty unconvincing as beaten copper plate. It looks like those parts were taken from a 12" Kenner figure.

I've always liked that Sideshow puts a wrist peg in every hand. So much easier to swap them out.

I actually like the un-helmeted head. As a sculpt there's good detail in the face and hair, plus it does have an expression. If I focus on the eyes I can see Billy Dee Williams in there, but the head has been slimmed down and stylized. Overall it looks like it may be a little small, possibly since it's the same sculpt they designed to go inside helmet.

The expression they went for is reminiscent of the Solo poster artwork:

Solo_Lando_v2_rev3_lg.jpg

Since Sideshow's is a slimmer face than ROTJ Lando it gives the impression of being Donald Glover ageing and turning into Billy Dee Williams.

51003215401_b9769cc814_o.jpg

51003330817_7f2729493a_o.jpg

In the grindhouse Blaxploitation tradition... coming to a cinema near you in 1974, Billy Dee Glover is... "Black Solo" !

EDIT:

I ended up putting that un-helmeted sculpt on the Sideshow ESB Lando. It was six of one and half a dozen of the other, between the better sculpted, more expressive, not quite Lando, and the old ESB melon head.

On balance I prefer the new one. Also, it's a better skin tone match for the Trick or Treat Studios Michael Myers body I put the old Lando on. (Yes, ToTS really did put Myers on an African American body. lol)

Nice to see BDW's stunt double getting some attention finally.:monkey3:lol I am still trying to fix that head.

Great pic as always, JB. And I still like that old Jabba.

They were saying that every item on that deal steam should come back. It'd show sold out because of the way their discounts work. But that was at the top of the hour so who knows why it's not back to normal.

They were saying that every item on that deal steam should come back. It'd show sold out because of the way their discounts work. But that was at the top of the hour so who knows why it's not back to normal.

It's showing back in stock anyway, I checked right after my last comment and again now.

Sideshow has a free shipping deal on Lando for Sideshow Con. Almost tempting. I feel like eventually though they may offer a discount in addition to the free shipping as that seems to happen fairly often with Sideshow releases.

Back