Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still liking this figure a lot after having it for a few weeks[emoji846]
3cf51bd9aea825abe639c513d557fc82.jpg
4ff809f0005887f7768820e981695530.jpg
56d493e1d4934690b5f389dbc6bad5e6.jpg
1d1aa7f96856c7565b21730cde79a090.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, some awesome pics guys.:clap It is a really nice figure (but maybe I'm biased because I have two, not even including my custom.:lol) A fitting final figure for Sideshow's 1/6 SW line.

I must say davejames is a god not just for his repaint, but simply for being able to remove the head from the helmet. :rotfl I've been around the 1/6 block many times but getting this head out of the helmet was one of the most difficult tasks I've had. Fortunately I was able to get it out with zero damage to the face or the helmet (though it was touch and go many times.)

What's interesting is that the head inside the helmet has a subtly better paint app than the no-helmet head. It has slightly more sheen and the skintone is more natural and not quite so dark. I'll try to take pics (my camera battery died.)

I really wanted a no-helmet display with helmet in hand using the old SSC head (which I am still yet to touch up) so I did add some "helmet liner" detail inside it and am pretty happy with the look.

I do like the overall color scheme of my custom Lando better than the SSC - brighter white pants and more reddish fabric and leather colors, but it has been a struggle to figure out what fig will go where.

Yeah your whiter pants feel more accurate to me as well. As even after rolling around in the sand for awhile they were pretty bright. And you can see that in the costume pics as well.

star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-4061.jpg

Yeah your whiter pants feel more accurate to me as well. As even after rolling around in the sand for awhile they were pretty bright. And you can see that in the costume pics as well.

View attachment 506263

They are pretty bright white onscreen. I have an extra pair of the SSC Snowtrroper Commander pants that I may use for my second Lando Skiff. The Sideshow Lando pants almost look like they'd be a good match for Luke farmboy.

Yeah, some awesome pics guys.:clap It is a really nice figure (but maybe I'm biased because I have two, not even including my custom.:lol) A fitting final figure for Sideshow's 1/6 SW line.

Genuine quesiton: Is it really confirmed that it's they're final 1/6 figure? I've heard it before but I just figured it was said in jest due to the wide gaps between releases. Regrdlesss, this Lando is a great looking figure for sure. I wish I had both the money and space for it in my collection, but Lando isn't a must have character for me.

Lando just arrived on my doorstep this morning after taking advantage of the sale at Timewalker. I appreciate the tip shared here about being able to lower the facemask after it's been warmed up because it does look so much better that way. Thanks all around! :rock

However, one thing that hasn't been pointed out is how the belt for the holster is backwards when, according to my official costumes book, it should look like this:

3515419658_a8ab28687d_k.jpg

Besides this and having to switch out the white string going around the arms to hold the shoulder armor down with some brown thread I already had in a sewing kit, I'm pretty impressed with the work that Sideshow has done here. If it is indeed the last 1/6 scale Star Wars figure they produce, it's a decent enough release for them to go out on. Thanks, Sideshow! :clap

BTW, more reference photos can be seen in the following link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/toromodel/sets/72157617813114589/

Great shots and diorama work, Stryker2011! Haven't seen that Aura Sing figure in a while. Is that the old Hasbro Masterpiece series one?

Thanks. The head sculpt is the Hasbro, and her double blasters, but everything else is either custom made, or purchased as loose items. The body is a TBLeague Lady Death body.

Thanks. The head sculpt is the Hasbro, and her double blasters, but everything else is either custom made, or purchased as loose items. The body is a TBLeague Lady Death body.

Yup. I?m using a lady death body as well with mostly Hasbro parts.
da49d80fd8f5faf08905608e9263d2f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lando in da' house! If this is the last SW figure SS does, they at least go out with a bang! Very nice work. The un-helmeted HS is actually quite good in hand. I like the scale of the hands (not the typical oversized mitts that HT does :cuckoo:). Just need a Gammy and my Jabba Palace set up will be complete. (well sans Palace..lol)

I give this a solid 8.5/10

Yeah, it's a very nice fig and this is without a doubt the last SSC SW 1/6 figure. It's coming up on three years ago that this figure was first announced and there has been absolutely nothing since.

You don't pay the kind of $$ SSC paid for this 1/6 license (or sub-license through Hasbro's license) and not announce a figure in 3 years.

Here's my Lando after trying it out on a Damtoys body. This was thrown together pretty quick so I didn't take much time to futz everything properly. And the body is only resting on the feet at the moment since Sideshow likes to use those giant pegs (he probably also needs to be made about a quarter inch taller).

But so far I'm really liking the slimmer and more natural look it has now. Not to mention the less bulging neck. So think I'll probably stick with this body and make whatever improvements I need to.

View attachment 503009

View attachment 503010

View attachment 503011

Dave, do you recall which Damtoys body you used? Is it an African American body or did you paint it?

It was just one of those Damtoys bodies that gets parted out on monkeydepot every couple days or so. Don't think they have an African-American version so I just painted mine.

In fact there's one on there now with padded upper legs, which I could have used for mine so the legs don't look quite so skinny. You'd probably need to get some ankle extenders though as those look like the shorter pegs.
https://www.monkeydepot.com/Figure_DamToys_Base_Body_w_Textured_Forearms_p/dml3620.htm

It was just one of those Damtoys bodies that gets parted out on monkeydepot every couple days or so. Don't think they have an African-American version so I just painted mine.

In fact there's one on there now with padded upper legs, which I could have used for mine so the legs don't look quite so skinny. You'd probably need to get some ankle extenders though as those look like the shorter pegs.
https://www.monkeydepot.com/Figure_DamToys_Base_Body_w_Textured_Forearms_p/dml3620.htm

Thanks, I looked at that figure before so I just grabbed it anyway. Did you repaint the hands to match your head repaint? The skintone is so dark on the stock figure but not sure I want to try to tweak it.

It seems so stupid that I'm ending up with three Lando skiffs (including my custom) but I have found a display use for all three.:slap:lol

Back