Sideshow 1/6 Imperial Probe Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure it's not going to be cheap, but if it has lights and sound it'll be hard to pass up.

I'm loving the full court press on the Hoth stuff. Hoth Leia announcement and I think I could call it a day on the frosty stuff. :duff

Hoping this stays relatively low.

Your crazy :cuckoo: ATATs, snow troopers, tauntaun epic :monkey3

sorry dude i meant hoth rebel stuff, :slap

i have the snowie and a marmit atat driver - i love imperial gear

the rebel stuff just never lite me up = looks fantastic thou and if the production stuff is of the same quality i will always habour a desire but none for me,

the probe droid thou i hope it isnt too expensive im hoping 150 ish as much dearer and i cant see it having enough value for most people:dunno

sorry dude i meant hoth rebel stuff, :slap

i have the snowie and a marmit atat driver - i love imperial gear

the rebel stuff just never lite me up = looks fantastic thou and if the production stuff is of the same quality i will always habour a desire but none for me,

the probe droid thou i hope it isnt too expensive im hoping 150 ish as much dearer and i cant see it having enough value for most people:dunno

I hear you, the imperial is always more impressive.
Ties > xwing, atat > snow speeder, scout > ewok :)

Agreed about the outfits but the xwing ship is way cooler than a tie fighter. But star destroyer or falcon?

Agreed about the outfits but the xwing ship is way cooler than a tie fighter. But star destroyer or falcon?

Not for me. The X-Wing just looks like a jet fighter with separable wings. The TIE Fighter with its ball cockpit and huge wing panels is a completely different concept, and that is what makes it so cool and iconic too ;)

I really hope I can afford this when the time comes. I literally have to start putting money aside for the Hoth stuff. Otherwise it'll get spent on stupid things like bills and utilities! :monkey4

Not for me. The X-Wing just looks like a jet fighter with separable wings. The TIE Fighter with its ball cockpit and huge wing panels is a completely different concept, and that is what makes it so cool and iconic too ;)

Each to their own dude. I guess I just "see" the x Wing as Star Wars for me. But definitely the imperail stuff works as a set like the different tie variants and the uniforms.

Back to the probe - are we getting preorders on these things at comic con or have Ssc said we taking down the line?

Always loved the look of this droid. Be out of my price range Im sure!!

Ditto same here. I remember getting the probe droid/hoth set back in the early 80's. Hasbro released their new version back in '98 3 3/4 scale, but haven't made an update on this figure.

However yeah the price on this must be pretty high.....:slap

The e-web cannon is still in stock, so hopefully they get the picture that the accessories don't sell if they cost too much.

Probot seems a lot more iconic than the e.webb, though. Think collectors might be willing to pony up a bit more for a SW bot.

Someone on RS mentioned it will come with sound. Any confirmation of this? Generally I find sound effects kind of cheap but think it would suit this release.

This is from a collector's panel at SDCC, so right from the horse's mouth, reported by Rebelscum.

SSC via Rebelscum said:
The Probe Droid will come with sounds, lights and be featured on a snow-drift base.

Probot seems a lot more iconic than the e.webb, though.

It's also a lot more iconic than R5D4 and the majority of aliens in the cantina or in Jabba's pad.

Last edited:
sound?.................cool.

one of the better sound bites for droids in the movie. when you hear it you know where it's from.

This is from a collector's panel at SDCC, so right from the horse's mouth, reported by Rebelscum.

It's also a lot more iconic than R5D4 and the majority of aliens in the cantina or in Jabba's pad.
Agreed, pixel. Thanks for the confirmation. Have loved the design of the Probot from the first time watching Empire, so just ecstatic how much effort they appear to be putting into this release.

sound?.................cool.

one of the better sound bites for droids in the movie. when you hear it you know where it's from.
Yeah, exactly. Think it'll be a great bonus -- so long as there is no visible indication of it (e.g., holes drilled into Medi 3PO v2's chest).

Back