Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll preface this by saying, do at your own risk. At least now, you have a droid with 5 digits factory attached. If you aren't willing to break it and re-glue it, don't bother.

Sorry for the crappy pics. Hope it gives you an idea though. How much further can they go without snapping? Not sure. I'm content with this far. I was prepared to break them off if necessary, but I got what I wanted without having to, so I'm pretty stoked.

I did this with heating it up with a hair dryer and I think it worked. I was just wondering, is there supposed to be a line at the top of the joint that's on the end of the thumb? Both my left and right have it. I was wondering if it was caused by the pressure from me moving it or if it's supposed to be that way.

Incidentally, I noticed a big glob of glue with a fingerprint on the inside part of the left hand, so I'll be contacting Sideshow about that anyway.

The more I compare the Tamashii and the Sideshow C-3PO's, the more it reminds me of the difference between the life size Don Post 3PO and the life size Sideshow 3PO. Each has their pros and cons, but much of it comes down to the finish.

View attachment 238620

The problem with the Tamashii is that while being pristine, it is satin rather than chrome. It looks great weathered, but on its own it looks like its not one or the other (ie Tatooine or ceremony). I'm tempted to take my novice hand to weathering it, but I'm fighting against my mint approach to my figures.

The problem with the Tamashii is that while being pristine, it is satin rather than chrome. It looks great weathered, but on its own it looks like its not one or the other (ie Tatooine or ceremony). I'm tempted to take my novice hand to weathering it, but I'm fighting against my mint approach to my figures.

Maybe you can paint the arm red instead as the Tama kind of reminds me of this finish.

With the thumbs rotated it looks great, and the rest is just nitpicking. Really too bad about the thumbs; but at least there's something you can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe you can paint the arm red instead as the Tama kind of reminds me of this finish.

It does look like that doesn't it? I liked 3PO in the OT but in TFA I wanted to kick him in his brass nuts, so I'll give the red arm a miss :lol

I have Threepio on pre order, already got Artoo. Can you tell me where you got these wonderful stands?

Those are the Hot Toys Sandtrooper bases, I believe. In the photo, the rear base has the crotch-grabber, the front does not. And it appears Momaw has shifted the front base to the left to provide the necessary base coverage for the display angle he wants (obviously, the name plates are not attached to either base).

1362290231849.gif

You've capture that scene perfectly, momaw!

Thank you.

Back