Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who will be the brave soul that will try to remove the chocolate weathering and report back?

I will purchase this figure if this can be done. This seems to be a good alternative to the high priced Tamashi and non existent HT version.

Now, I'm fully aware that a lot of us (most of us) bought this 3P0 so we would have to lay down Tama kinds of money for a good (and weathered) 3P0, so I realize this is a tall order, but will any one (has anyone I might have missed) have the opportunity to throw up a pic of SS w/ Tama? I'd love to see that compare...

This actually looks very good. Weathering not so much. Depends on the application, but I'm thinking of the silver glob of weathering on SSC R2's central "eye" ... the dull edge of an X-Acto knife (used CAREFULLY) scraped that off. Wonder if that will do for the unsightly chocolate streaks??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After seeing the photos, I'm confident he is going to look fantastic in hand. I only dislike the weathering on the center of his chest, the dent on his forehead and the unsightly thick streaks. The rest of the weathering looks good. The way it deepens the seams and raised detail of his panels is great. It really just needed more finesse on the staining

Thanks to those who posted photos. Looking really good. Weathering is a little unsightly but overall he looks pretty nice and should display well. I'm eager to see some pics with R2.

Those plain black bases though?! They don't match such premium figures. I don't mind simple and understated but these just look cheap and nasty. I can't believe Sideshow couldn't do something better there. Admittedly I'm still frustrated about not having a suitable stand for the 2 of them together.

Has anyone in Australia had their 3PO ship yet? I'm still waiting and starting to wonder what's going on. Don't think I've ever had a figure take so long to ship after charging. In the past they've charged and shipped same day.

Yeah, mine has just now. Longest wait for me on a figure also.
But it looks like it's going to be so worth it:yess:

no pics of c3po together with r2?

Sideshow-Star-Wars-C-3PO-2.jpg

I've posted a few more quick pics here.

Yeah, mine has just now. Longest wait for me on a figure also.
But it looks like it's going to be so worth it:yess:

Great that yours has shipped. No shipping emails yet for me but I just looked up my account and it's now showing as shipped instead of shipping soon - although when I look up the tracking it only says that a shipping label has been created. And it's being shipped by UPS. All my previous Sideshow figures have shipped via FedEx. Guess it will be interesting to see how long it takes to arrive as FedEx have always been very fast.

Hope it's worth it too!

This guy will be my last Sideshow figure......and great way to go out.

Same for me. The scout trooper and 3PO were my last two 'must haves' to round out the collection. And I might use up my rewards points on the AT-AT driver in due course. Just getting far too expensive and I can't see the value in them anymore. As you said, not a bad way to finish up.

I used up all my rewards points and a gift card and got 3PO for $77. I think it may be my last for a long time as well.

Has anyone in Australia had their 3PO ship yet? I'm still waiting and starting to wonder what's going on. Don't think I've ever had a figure take so long to ship after charging. In the past they've charged and shipped same day.

You mustn't have gotten any figures recently. I've had a few over the last few months (mainly Hot Toys but also the SS OT Tie Pilot and Deadpool) and all without fail, followed this pattern.

1. SS charge card.
2. Wait
3. Wait
4. Shipping label for UPS created
5. Wait
6. Wait
7. Wait
8. Shipped

Each number represents a day. Some took longer. Deadpool was nearly two weeks between charging and shipping.

Every one also shipped from Hong Kong directly. Getting a UPS label I'm expecting this is shipping from Hong Kong as well. So this was billed Friday (local time), label created Wednesday (local time), I'm thinking if I'm really lucky, it will actually ship on Friday (local time) but more likely Saturday. Then it's a matter of if it gets the direct flight to Sydney, or goes back to Shengzen, then off to Singapore before finally Sydney and onto local delivery.

Edit: Saw you got the Scout. Think that was last figure to come from the US for me as well.

Back