Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mustn't have gotten any figures recently. I've had a few over the last few months (mainly Hot Toys but also the SS OT Tie Pilot and Deadpool) and all without fail, followed this pattern...

Thanks for the explanation, momaw. At least there's a reason for the delay. Yep, the last one I got from Sideshow was the scout trooper and that came the same way they always have, via FedEx from the US. Had the Luke X-Wing and Tie Pilot on pre-order but cancelled them, so this is the first time I'm receiving anything under this new shipping approach. Sounds like I'd better not hold my breath! We'll just have to be content with admiring all the great photos being posted here in the meantime.

Thanks for the explanation, momaw. At least there's a reason for the delay. Yep, the last one I got from Sideshow was the scout trooper and that came the same way they always have, via FedEx from the US. Had the Luke X-Wing and Tie Pilot on pre-order but cancelled them, so this is the first time I'm receiving anything under this new shipping approach. Sounds like I'd better not hold my breath! We'll just have to be content with admiring all the great photos being posted here in the meantime.

On the up side, most figures coming from Hong Kong have come a matter of weeks before the US so they take longer from charge to receipt, but are still in hand sooner. This is the first, if it is coming from HK, that hasn't shipped earlier than the US (for me anyway).

You mustn't have gotten any figures recently. I've had a few over the last few months (mainly Hot Toys but also the SS OT Tie Pilot and Deadpool) and all without fail, followed this pattern.

1. SS charge card.
2. Wait
3. Wait
4. Shipping label for UPS created
5. Wait
6. Wait
7. Wait
8. Shipped

Each number represents a day. Some took longer. Deadpool was nearly two weeks between charging and shipping.

Every one also shipped from Hong Kong directly. Getting a UPS label I'm expecting this is shipping from Hong Kong as well. So this was billed Friday (local time), label created Wednesday (local time), I'm thinking if I'm really lucky, it will actually ship on Friday (local time) but more likely Saturday. Then it's a matter of if it gets the direct flight to Sydney, or goes back to Shengzen, then off to Singapore before finally Sydney and onto local delivery.

Edit: Saw you got the Scout. Think that was last figure to come from the US for me as well.

My last two orders: scout and speederbike from ssc warehouse.
And chewy direct from HT both charged and shipped on the same day. These are fairly recent orders, so threepios small delay is something I have'nt personally seen yet.
So you would say 3po is heading here straight from china?

Picked hm up today with Grievous.
Visually, C3PO looks nice. He is, as others say, light. He feels hollow and unworthy of the cost . Same can be said for R2, and he's pretty damned cool.
He doesn't pose well. At least I'm reluctant to try very hard, the elbow joint slides look like they will snap off at the slightest touch😄
I haven't checked the lights yet, but must say that I mistook the restraining bolt for a battery (I must have been slightly distracted !!).
I am looking forward to posing him with R2 later tonight.
Currently side tracked with watching second season of The Clone Wars.

My last two orders: scout and speederbike from ssc warehouse.
And chewy direct from HT both charged and shipped on the same day. These are fairly recent orders, so threepios small delay is something I have'nt personally seen yet.
So you would say 3po is heading here straight from china?

Not 100% sure, but the usage of UPS instead of Fedex has me thinking mine is coming from Hong Kong instead of the US.

So after posing C-3PO around for a bit, I love the paint, hate the weathering, think the lighted eyes are well done, think the hands are poorly done, like the exclusive even though I think mine is broken (gold piece separated from the wiring piece), don't like the cheap looking sculpted mid-section wires and overall would say it's a good alternative to the Tamashii figure. It's not flawless, but it's not terrible. I'd rate it a 7 out of 10 as my initial impression.

Sideshow-Star-Wars-C-3PO-8.jpg

That video is pretty piss poor. Paint scratches busted neck?

I think the body proportions look odd too. And the pinched mouth. Pity because I think the legs look better than the tamashii

Looking decent in the pics. Hands remind me of Freddy Kreuger in a few of the pics - fingers too long or something. No ship notice yet.:gah:

Hoping I can overlook the C-3LenO chin in-hand.:pray::lol

Despite the hands looking a bit big, the articulation still seems really cool. Has anyone figured out why they included two bolts? I can't tell if they're identical.

I think I'm done with sideshow's 1/6 figures too. They have increased their pricing without a justification as there really hasn't been an increase in quality, and all new figures are lacking in accessories. Their Quality Control is a joke as my last 3 figures all had issues (Deluxe Vader, R2, and Jango). And finally the ridiculous shipping charges. I'll still pick up some Hot Toys figures here and there from them, but I think I'm done with Sideshow's offerings. The only figure, if they still make it, I won't be able to pass on would be the Mcquarrie concept Darth Vader figure... Something Hot Toys will never do. Maybe if they went back to their Clone Wars stuff that they were killing it with... :dunno

WOW Nash -- really nice detail shots!!! :clap

This figure looks fantastic outside. With the exception of the chocolate smudges (weathering) I'm really glad I waited for this one.

I was just thinking how it looked like someone used hot chocolate for the weathering... it's really awful in the spots where it's supposed to be settled in. I assume that was done by hand as the streaks on the chest are more uniform and less wet looking.

I'll definitely try and remove the weathering with some alcohol and if that doesn't work I'll go over it with something less crappy looking. Sideshow, always gotta drop the ball somewhere. But overall this figure looks great and the weathering should at least be easy enough to sort out.

Those plain black bases though?! They don't match such premium figures. I don't mind simple and understated but these just look cheap and nasty. I can't.

I'm not a fan of them at all... I much prefer the old circular stands. These are thicker and look cheap. If Sideshow was including a diorama piece with each one like the Hoth figures or Scout Troopers I'd understand, but even those are kind of ridiculous as you have this cool diorama piece and then black plastic in the middle?

Back