Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Malarcher-You-buy-baby-now.-Photo-by-braindonkey-from-flickr-cc-at-www.flickr.comphotospokeie1387570072-e1366720675274.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Head seems a little big for the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow great photos MicroJow - how are you liking this guy? I was comparing photos from the SDCC prototype and to me, the finished product looks way better!

Here's some quick pics, hope they help those on the fence - Threepio is amazing, I think this fusspot would be happy with his likeness by SS :wink1:

2016-01-12 15.29.56.jpg

2016-01-12 15.30.15.jpg

2016-01-12 15.30.20.jpg

2016-01-12 15.30.32.jpg

2016-01-12 15.31.14.jpg

2016-01-12 15.31.38.jpg

2016-01-12 15.32.00.jpg

WOW Nash -- really nice detail shots!!! :clap

This figure looks fantastic outside. With the exception of the chocolate smudges (weathering) I'm really glad I waited for this one.

WOW Nash -- really nice detail shots!!! :clap

This figure looks fantastic outside. With the exception of the chocolate smudges (weathering) I'm really glad I waited for this one.

Thanks! Hahha, chocolate smudges, that's good :rotfl NOM NOM NOM...errrr guess I'm not supposed to eat him. Yeah, up close the "detail" is pretty obvious but displayed in a case or something he'll look great. I sure wish his eyes could be on all of the time along with Arturito.

Did SS find your Threepio? Hope it gets to you quick and with no problems.

pics look great except for those terrible brown smears they call weathering... :slap Wonder if they could be rubbed off with alcohol like people did to R2's weathering? Anyone gonna try it?

Paint color looks really good. Weathering is a different story. Some looks good. I think the only thing I don't like about the figure is the bow legged cowboy look. Can you pose it with his thighs and knees a little closer together?

Question for you guys that have him. Do the pistons slide freely in those channels, or are they stuck a little by the paint apps.
Hopefully it's the later, but I'm curious to know. Thanks

Thanks for the shots guys!

I think the weathering looks different for each on so far.....Lighter on some than others..

attachment.php

attachment.php

Overall the figure looks astounding! The gold paint in the shots with sunlight is really impressive.

attachment.php

200.gif

Thanks to those who posted photos. Looking really good. Weathering is a little unsightly but overall he looks pretty nice and should display well. I'm eager to see some pics with R2.

Those plain black bases though?! They don't match such premium figures. I don't mind simple and understated but these just look cheap and nasty. I can't believe Sideshow couldn't do something better there. Admittedly I'm still frustrated about not having a suitable stand for the 2 of them together.

Has anyone in Australia had their 3PO ship yet? I'm still waiting and starting to wonder what's going on. Don't think I've ever had a figure take so long to ship after charging. In the past they've charged and shipped same day.

Thanks to those who posted photos. Looking really good. Weathering is a little unsightly but overall he looks pretty nice and should display well. I'm eager to see some pics with R2.

Those plain black bases though?! They don't match such premium figures. I don't mind simple and understated but these just look cheap and nasty. I can't believe Sideshow couldn't do something better there. Admittedly I'm still frustrated about not having a suitable stand for the 2 of them together.

Has anyone in Australia had their 3PO ship yet? I'm still waiting and starting to wonder what's going on. Don't think I've ever had a figure take so long to ship after charging. In the past they've charged and shipped same day.
Got the same problem ( in Texas) Charged Tracking label created but no movement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still really like the old circle bases they had with the sand and snow covers. Those still look nice. Have Han and Chewie on those as Chewie can fit in the detolf fully upright on one of those.

Thanks for all the photos on this thread. I saw the C3PO in my local shop yesterday, but sealed in box - so I could not look at him.Well, technically I could have, but I would have felt obliged to buy having broken the seal.
Im back in again later this afternoon, picking up Grievous, and with no HT C3PO in sight, and based upon the photos here, Im going to get this one.
So thanks again for helping me make my mind up.

Back