Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hands look suspiciously like the old ones to me. I didn't see fixed thumbs. Are you guys sure?

Screen cap from the YouTube vid

SS 3po new thumbs.jpg

Those are definitely new and corrected thumbs.

Pic from website...

c-3po_star-wars_gallery_5c4fd37cb132c.jpg

Still using old photo's to avoid the rioting of previous purchase.

I?ve always admired this figure but I have the Tamashii one so never felt the need to get it.

I have both and it?s a decent figure in all fairness. This version looks better in ANH setup, whereas the Tami looks more at home in an ESB setup IMO.

That sucks about the hands... but I've really been waiting for HT all this time.

I forget if I even bothered to fix them.

I still plan on getting the HT as well. Not sure If I'd keep my SS 3PO to put with my Jabba, or sell him. But if this has new hands I'd have to sell it at a considerable loss while this is available... Still annoying they would fix it after saying the 1st release was normal. :mad:

Well, I'd guess most Sideshow figures that HT has done you have to sell at a loss.... unless you wait long enough. Everything gets valuable when its no longer available.

This SS 3PO is actually quite nice. I've always liked it despite the thumbs. The paint looks like metal. But I know HT's track record and I expect this threepio to look like a toy when compared to what HT executes.

Thumbs aside, the hands are oversized anyway - mostly, the fingers are about 1/3 too long for the size of the palm area. Not a fan of those hands, though I did fix the thumbs.

With the way the current Spooktacular at Sideshow is going it looks like I'll be able to pick this up for around ?95 shipped to the UK (Factoring in discounts, free shipping and rewards points). Regardless of what HT will do I can't pass up this one for that price now that the thumbs have been sorted.

Unable to add any code to the account this year. As Sideshow seemingly abandoned 1/6 scale with their Star Wars licence, I caved and burned all my reward points on that 3PO. Even with free shipping, custom fees and extra charges from DHL to deliver it in France brought final price to $70. I guess that's a sweet deal as long as I'm not getting some old stock with crooked fingers.

I finally got enough reward codes from Spooktacular to get this for around ?94 so made the order. I got in touch with CS and actually asked them about it being the updated version with the corrected thumbs. I was told it should be new stock so any changes will be on this figure. It's due to arrive on Monday so I'll know then.

3PO arrived a day early. Did get the corrected hands version. They look a lot better than the initial release but still a questionable design. Articulation is nice though one of the thumbs is very loose.

Light-up eyes "touch" feature is certainly the best thing about that figure even if my 3PO has a QC issue with one of the retinas being hollow, meaning light shows thru.

Not gonna bother asking for a replacement but, clearly, after a few years adding only Hot Toys to the collection, getting a Sideshow 1/6 doesn't feel as rewarding as it used to. Glad this one only set me back about $70... this amount only reflecting customs and DHL processing fees.

Aside from the hands, I thought Sideshow did a very good job with 3PO. I'm sure HT's version will top it but I'm not in a rush to replace R2 and may feel the same way with 3PO. I'm nearing the end of my 1/6 collecting days and the need to keep upgrading is not a top priority anymore.

Back