Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So will they finally admit the screwed up the hands? And replace the ones for people whom they lied to and said they were fine??????

This is why I do not buy anything made or sold by SSC .

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I feel like HT is very close to revealing their OT C-3PO... very soon... very soon....

Meanwhile, they've now shipped not one, but TWO R2's.

I think something went awry with their 3PO. It's one of the longest never-went-to-PO figs now.

It's possible if 3PO has a major role in TROS - as the trailer hints at - maybe they'll add a red eyes feature or something and call a TROS version.

I recently picked up this version as 3po is one of my favourite characters and i love the design...It's also a better representation of how he looked on Tatooine.

SS done a very nice job...with the articulated fingers and ease of access to the light up feature being definite pluses over Tamashii...

Paint apps too are great with zero blemishes...

My only small grip is that some of the weathering is a little too uniformed and obvious...but all in all a really great looking figure:)

A few shots along with SS R2...strange why they never released them as a two-pack.

DSC_0746.JPGDSC_0742.JPGDSC_0734.JPGDSC_0745.JPG

They look good together. I almost pulled the trigger on 3PO a couple of times, but now I've waited this long I may as well hold out for HT. Maybe it'll be better, but of course maybe not. I just don't want to do the placeholder/upgrade thing.

Other than the wonky face sculpt (mouth/nose/face relationship is pretty off), I love the SSC 3PO. The body is the best 1/6 3PO ever and the articulation works pretty well.

Though to be fair having a wonky face sculpt is a major downside.:lol

Other than the wonky face sculpt (mouth/nose/face relationship is pretty off), I love the SSC 3PO. The body is the best 1/6 3PO ever and the articulation works pretty well.

Though to be fair having a wonky face sculpt is a major downside.:lol

The upper body on the Tamashii is more accurate...

DSC_0730.JPGDSC_0731.jpg

It's unfair to make comparisons as the engineering and materials used on the Tamashii are a whole other level...

But SS got a lot right and i love the dirtied/dented-up Tatooine look to it:)

0 SS C3PO1.jpg

Dude...the Tama makes the SSC one look like a toy. I never knew it was that good looking. Hopeful the HT lands somewhere in the middle as far as build and paints go. That would be the ideal product.

I like the slenderness of the torso and the legs on the SSC - the Tama feet and lower legs for example are somewhat chunky and the upper legs slightly lacking in curves.

The Tama is still my "hero 3PO" display but I think a Tama head and chest plate (the best two parts of the Tama) with the rest being SSC would be my ultimate 3PO if HT doesn't do theirs.

Other than the hands - the Tama hands are way better than the SSC hands, even with fixed thumbs, and I'm not a huge fan of either the SSC or the Tama's "underpants" crotch area, though the Tama is a bit better overall.

I like the shininess of the Tama over the painted SSC (though with weathering wiped back, the SSC looks pretty decent,) though the SSC kinda works for a ROTJ 3PO where he's less reflective and more a duller gold color vs the more white-ish mirror ANH look.

I'm amazed that SSC got the correctly scaled pistons to work (vs the oversized Tama ones) but they seem to slide more easily on some over others. I've had 3 SSC ones and two worked well the third was too tight.

Anyone have any idea if HT is going to do a 3PO? I've been waiting for their version for a while now, but I'm about to give up and bite on the SS version.

Anyone have any idea if HT is going to do a 3PO? I've been waiting for their version for a while now, but I'm about to give up and bite on the SS version.

They most definitely will. Just a matter of when and how long you are willing to hold out.

The SS is pretty cool. I have the 1st Ex release with the wonky thumbs. It seems they fixed it with this new subsequent release, which really ticks me off :mad: especially after SS made such a big deal that there was nothing wrong with the thumbs and it was part of the design... BS.

I'd wait till at least Monday, 5/4 or through next week. Hopefully HT will announce some new SW figures.

In the same boat. I?ve had this guy in my cart for about a month. Only one missing from my ANH heroes display. If nothing comes by next week, I?m ordering. Worse case, I?ll have two pairs of our favorite droid tandem.

They most definitely will. Just a matter of when and how long you are willing to hold out.

The SS is pretty cool. I have the 1st Ex release with the wonky thumbs. It seems they fixed it with this new subsequent release, which really ticks me off :mad: especially after SS made such a big deal that there was nothing wrong with the thumbs and it was part of the design... BS.

I'd wait till at least Monday, 5/4 or through next week. Hopefully HT will announce some new SW figures.

Would have been cool if SS had offered just the corrected hands to those who had ordered the initial version. A simple update, even if one had to pay a small amount for it.

Yeah, if nothing pops up in the next week, I'd say pull the trigger.

Because 3PO had a somewhat larger presence in TROS and had much more "collector friendly"/accessorizing aspects than usual - the Baba Frick creature/removable back of head, having Chewy's bandolier and weapon, being in more "big scenes" and action - I thought maybe they might have tied a 1/6 3PO to that movie's release but HT seems to have largely ignored TROS with just the two main characters and a few trooper variations.

The reality is, even if HT did finally put their 3PO up for PO after all these years, you'd wait ANOTHER year to actually receive it. You buy the SSC one and you have it in a few days and enjoy it for the next year.

Also, you have to remember that HT has previewed not one but TWO 3POs that have yet to see light of day. Who knows whether that makes it more certain they'll do some form of 3PO soon (that has to have cost them a LOT to develop, as those figures had different headsculpts) or just reinforces the "HT is a mystery" and the fact they have a massive graveyard of fully developed figures and extensive dioramas that never did and never will see light of day.

Wow. I just checked my 3PO order from way back as I noticed the current one doesn't have the swap out removable arm which mine did (turns out it was an exclusive piece). But my PO date was January 2015, so over five years ago, and even then people were saying "I'll wait for the inevitable Hot Toys release".

I went looking on Toyark yesterday back in time to see what they had done for May 4th in years past, and then kept going. Way back when there was some interview with HT when they first started their Star Wars line. They specifically mentioned that the Sideshow's 3PO and R2 sets were good enough at the time. They did a deluxe R2 but yeah unless they go full loaded out RoS 3PO, there's not much they can do. Except maybe the pipe dream of a ESB Chewie and 3PO set.

Back