Sidehow Holiday surprise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, might as well have some fun with this. Sorry if I don't just want to say it, more fun to speculate....

Here is what I've said so far:

It's a PF
It's from a BIG movie coming out in 2nd quarter '08 that's not Indy.
As a PF this will be extremely impressive!
It will be an entirely "new" movie product line.

OK, might as well have some fun with this. Sorry if I don't just want to say it, more fun to speculate....

Here is what I've said so far:

It's a PF
It's from a BIG movie coming out in 2nd quarter '08 that's not Indy.
As a PF this will be extremely impressive!
It will be an entirely "new" movie product line.

First guess... New Hulk movie
Second guess... Speed Racer
Far off guess... Sex and the City

Eh. If its not Heroes I'm not that excited....I can't really think of anything else that really catches my attention.......if its Iron Man or Hulk that is kind of anti-climatic because I figured sooner or later those were a given.

Of the movies that I can find scheduled for Q2 release, the only ones that are at least moderately "big" are

Iron Man - although there have been Iron Man comiquettes, there is no movie license, so this one is a definite possibility

Speed Racer - doesn't seem like it will have a large enough following to warrant a new collectible line, but who knows?

Prince Caspian (Narnia) - never handled before by Sideshow, so a possibility

Indiana Jones - already announced line, with PF expected, so not a possibility

Incredible Hulk - same status as Iron Man, so a definite possibility

Get Smart - a minor possibility, but not a likely one

Wall-E - would this be part of the existing Disney license, or would it require it's own movie-specific license? Probably not a strong possibility

Cloverfield, The Dark Knight, Hellboy II, Star Trek, and Harry Potter are not scheduled for Q2 as far as my information indicates, so they don't meet the criteria stated by RogueJedi.

Remeber, there are TWO licenses being announced. Most likely both Marvel films: Iron Man and Hulk. :sleep I want NEW licenses not just revisions to already existing ones. Hope I'm wrong.

PF'S of the Dark knight would jsut kick all kinds of ass. The Joker wold be incredible.

PF'S of the Dark knight would jsut kick all kinds of ass. The Joker wold be incredible.

Yes, but very unlikely. DC isn't likely to lease that money maker out to anyone but themselves (DC Direct), Mattel, or Hot Toys. So the best Joker we can expect is a Hot Toys 12" one.

Yeah but, DC can't do them like sideshow can. I don't know- we can hope can't we? Transformers would be cool. So would taking over the prop/ships line from MR for starwars. I talked to a couple of people about that for a while at the last comicon. I think it would just rule if Sideshow built ships- I mean, seriously- can you imagine them doing a tie fighter or an xwing?

And- BTW- nice sig- the Joker rules! Heath is the Joker!!! :)

Yeah but, DC can't do them like sideshow can. I don't know- we can hope can't we? Transformers would be cool. So would taking over the prop/ships line from MR for starwars. I talked to a couple of people about that for a while at the last comicon. I think it would just rule if Sideshow built ships- I mean, seriously- can you imagine them doing a tie fighter or an xwing?

And- BTW- nice sig- the Joker rules! Heath is the Joker!!! :)

Thanks. :D I 100% agree.

I think Transformers is the same problem. It is a Hasbro properity (like GI Joe) and there is little to no chance of them giving that up either. I could possibly see Hasbro teaming up with Sideshow on GI Joe 12" figure though. Maybe Sideshow sculpting etc., but hasbro distribution? They are parterned through the 12" Star Wars license. I know Hasbro has plans for 12" Joes next year, but it would be sweet if they were actually good.

Honestly anything that is a variation or revisiting from SSC like Iron Man film or Hellboy 2 really wouldn't excite me too much, I really want BRAND NEW licenses that will help diversify the SSC brand some more.

After reading most of the posts here, my guesses would point to rehashed licenses like Iron Man and Hulk.

If Sideshow drops a bomb of a surprise on us, I would expect it to be Narnia or a TV license.

Again, though, my guess would be Iron Man MOVIE license and HULK Movie license.

Geb

Back