Show your LOTR shelves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first photo contribution to this thread! I know they're not the best photos but go easy on me- I'm not used to taking pictures of figures, statues, and collectibles with my DSLR, only aircraft and landscapes really. I'll get better with practice. :) Anyway, the Gentle Giant Light up Balrog Bust is my subject this evening. I do like this item. It's a nice piece for the price (less than $100 gets you one). My only gripe is the lack of seamless painting between the shoulders and chest.

kj5s.jpg

I miss this guy...

wq3s.jpg

Great photos^^, love the group pic of the hobbits...that Sam and Bill statue is still my favourite Sideshow Weta piece. Really wish they'd made a statue of Pippin in his Fellowship attire as well though, would have looked nice displayed with these.

WETA is running a 'who do you want?' list for their reviving of the 1/6 line so flying piggies beware and don't take to the skies so soon! :lol

Some years ago in this forum the scale of the Daddy Rog was estimated to be 1/14. This would make the size of a 1/6 Balrog statue a bit bigger than double the size of the daddy Rog. I think it is doable, although expensive.

Some years ago in this forum the scale of the Daddy Rog was estimated to be 1/14. This would make the size of a 1/6 Balrog statue a bit bigger than double the size of the daddy Rog. I think it is doable, although expensive.

worth. every. penny.

:)

WETA is running a 'who do you want?' list for their reviving of the 1/6 line so flying piggies beware and don't take to the skies so soon! :lol

is it a poll, or do you just have to email them your suggestions?

Decided to remove the lava on my Sauron. Just didn't do the paint job justice. Anyways, here are my LOTR figs minus Azog who didn't fit in the pic.

ynatypu5.jpg

Nope it is 1/6

The width of the life size balrog bust is 120 cm. The width of the LSB is 46 cm. This would make it about 1/2.5 If you accept the big one is not really life size but a bit smaller you could say the LSB is between 1/3 and 1/4. How does this make the LSB 1/6? This would make the width of the balrog head 282 cm! Also, the width of the Daddy rog's head is 9 cm, which, based on the 1/14 scale, would make the life size head width 126 cm, a fact that fits with the existing life size bust. Anyway these facts would make a 1/6 balrog's head width to be about 20-25 cm taking into account some error.

The width of the life size balrog bust is 120 cm. The width of the LSB is 46 cm. This would make it about 1/2.5 If you accept the big one is not really life size but a bit smaller you could say the LSB is between 1/3 and 1/4. How does this make the LSB 1/6? This would make the width of the balrog head 282 cm! Also, the width of the Daddy rog's head is 9 cm, which, based on the 1/14 scale, would make the life size head width 126 cm, a fact that fits with the existing life size bust. Anyway these facts would make a 1/6 balrog's head width to be about 20-25 cm taking into account some error.

That huge GG bust is undersized and still 140cm (not 120cm). If the GG was true life then then LSB would be 1/3. It is undersized so much closer to 1/4 than 1/6

That huge GG bust is undersized and still 140cm (not 120cm). If the GG was true life then then LSB would be 1/3. It is undersized so much closer to 1/4 than 1/6

Agreed. That would still make a 1/6 balrog head width 25 cm which would give a 1/6 balrog statue something I would gladly get!!!

Back