Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will fit on a diagonal. I've already done a scale blueprint to verify. His snout will stick outside of the shelf, but he'll fit along with up to 3 or 4 figures, one being the Sandtrooper riding him.

The Dewback by all accounts measures 30" from tip to tail, and I used this measurement along with a silhouette of its full-body footprint, plus the dimensions of the base to fit it into a rectangle representing the floor of the shelf (15x27").

What I'm trying to figure out now is how to divide the Sandtroopers and also display the SSC Tusken Raider. The three in the photo are the only ones I have at the moment, not counting Hasbro, but I plan to pick up the remaining 2 from SSC and 1 from Marmit, for a total of 6. I'm currently designing a three piece side x side Mos Eisley diorama for Jawas (cantina entrance), Sandtroopers (alley and doorway), and 3PO and R2 (other side of doorway). I'll need to split the Sandies between this display and the Dewback, probably putting both Marmits on this one. The Tusken Raider can probably go up near the Dewback if I limit the Sandtroopers to 1 riding and 1 standing on that shelf.

Here are my Hasbro troops getting ready for display:

I just realized recently that I don't have a Biker Scout in my collection. Everything's been packed up for so long it hadn't even crossed my mind. Back in the day I probably purchased some 20 1/6 Dewbacks and at least a half dozen Taun Tauns for people who didn't have them at their local stores, yet the 1/6 Speeder Bike with Trooper must have slipped my mind. By the time the lone Scout was released in the new packaging, I had stopped actively collecting - now these go for a little mint on eBay.

Last edited:
Cool as long as you've checked, my display isn't ideal but I've got one rider, one in front, one behind and a sandy on the side

It's an Ikea Expedit unit and after looking at the Dewback for so long and finally deciding I'd like to get one, I modified the cabinet to give it an additional 6"+ headroom on the top shelf. Now it's over 19" which should JUST be enough for the Sandy riding the Dewback. ;)

My display plans have gone through a lot of changes, things that I couldn't have anticipated up front because some collection choices have changed which means requirements have changed. I've been extremely lucky to have been able to accommodate most of the changes, including the one I made today, which was to dedicate an entire Detolf to Hasbro Star Wars. Every shelf holds 1977/78 figures on the left with 1997/98 counterparts mirrored on the right. Bottom shelf still needs a Stormtrooper which is already in the mail. ;)

Other than Praji gloves, which are impossible to find, any other options for upgrading Marmit TIE Fighter Pilot gloves?

Other than Praji gloves, which are impossible to find, any other options for upgrading Marmit TIE Fighter Pilot gloves?

Yep get some regular set of gloved hands and then get some faux leather fabric and sew the fabric to the contour shape then connect glove to hand via joint and boom instant gloved hand.

Folks are regularly mentioning how they like Marmit troopers, combining Marmit and Sideshow parts, replacing bodies with better ones and of course recasting parts to make completely custom troopers.

Kash Kenobi is selling off what looks close to his entire collection which includes all of the above and a lot more, his thread if definitely worth checking out for his custom skills alone, but now there's a chance to grab that Marmit or custom trooper - stormies and sandies listed.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5591934#post5591934

Just trying to help a fellow board member out with more visibility to his sale.

Yep get some regular set of gloved hands and then get some faux leather fabric and sew the fabric to the contour shape then connect glove to hand via joint and boom instant gloved hand.

May give this a shot with some fabric glue, sewing is outside my, uh, skill set. Thanks for the help.

Folks are regularly mentioning how they like Marmit troopers, combining Marmit and Sideshow parts, replacing bodies with better ones and of course recasting parts to make completely custom troopers.

Kash Kenobi is selling off what looks close to his entire collection which includes all of the above and a lot more, his thread if definitely worth checking out for his custom skills alone, but now there's a chance to grab that Marmit or custom trooper - stormies and sandies listed.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5591934#post5591934

Just trying to help a fellow board member out with more visibility to his sale.

Wow. The stuff that comes Up when I'm skint. :(

I just discovered that you can substantially reshape the sculpt of the Marmits with a blow drier. This does not destroy the overall sculpt.

In this image you can see how I dropped the front of the helmet downward towards the chest, making It more movie accurate.

After:
D1C0BA81-4DC6-4F6F-A203-B250024EE518-3055-0000035F49A24AE6_zpsaa6fe190.jpg

Before:
EE34BDC7-45F9-45DB-842B-894E0F8DFBCE-895-000000BF59635444_zpsd12404e8.jpg

After a little more work, i was able to take my Orange shoulder Marmit and turn him into a more accurate resemblance to the "Move along" helmet.

What do you think? I thinned out the face and made the back more movie accurate vs having a wider taller traditional Marmit sculpt:

After:

07ffc1f8-6f7b-4caa-8c4f-99e08f69bd8c_zps3f12ead6.jpg

Before:
7EA10A7C-3157-4DBC-B3B6-AFC6175092ED-1950-000001C58DEB70A2_zps2e2d997c.jpg

Last edited:
It's a good match to the mismatched helmets used in the movies. ;) But I prefer a wider trooper helmet myself. I finally found a decent scene to watch the varying helmet widths in RotJ: rows of Stromtroopers as the Emperor exits his shuttle and walks with Vader on the new Death Star.

Well considering 2 suns on Tattoine blaring on plastic armor, of course the plastic would warp if the trooper went outside all day long to come back to base in cool air.

It's a good match to the mismatched helmets used in the movies. ;) But I prefer a wider trooper helmet myself. I finally found a decent scene to watch the varying helmet widths in RotJ: rows of Stromtroopers as the Emperor exits his shuttle and walks with Vader on the new Death Star.

I agree. I reshaped it back to its original shape, but still dropped the jaw without thinning the helmet. It's just a tad thinner than it was originally, but I think it was too wide the first time from a previous blow dry when I removed the innards so I could drop it on a head.

Back