Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. The only differences are the helmets, and belt accessories. The luke/han helmets have details inside and dont fit on the heads nor the body to look like a trooper. Lukes belt accessories are the grapple hook box with a comlink clip as apposed to a thermal detonator. The neck posts are the same so the heads will fit.

Thanks for the info.
Now I can switch Luke & Han's heads onto my spare Stormtroopers.
I can switch their hands and feet too along with Luke's belt.
I'll put the Stormtrooper's helmets on my loose Luke & Han's bodies.
I just hope my 2 spare troopers don't have loose joints too.

Got the Marmits in-hand now, very nice. Without taking them out of their packaging, initial impressions are of a high-end toy, compared to Sideshow's that look like a high end collectible. They will need closer inspection to be fully appreciated I think.

I hope to take some detail images and post them if anyone is interested.

What I personally haven't actually investigated properly, is whether the bodysuits on the Marmits tend to deteriorate at all after being boxed up for so long - seeing they're quite old now, when potentially buying one MIB.

Can someone please clarify that for me?

Mine have been in their boxes since 2000 when they were made. They seem fine. I have inspected the Sandtrooper out of box and the Stormtrooper so far only visually. Neither seems discolored in any way either. The body has a slight yellow tint to it on the Stormtrooper, but nothing I'm concerned about.

BTW, I love the bodies on these figures, they move and feel so great. They're not as articulated as what most people are used to, but the build quality is quite good. They feel very solid.

BTW, I love the bodies on these figures, they move and feel so great. They're not as articulated as what most people are used to, but the build quality is quite good. They feel very solid.

i've modified a few of these to accomodate feet, hands, & neck adapters. the shoulders have a nice natural looking slope to them. though the leg joints where they attach to the lower torso can be a bit fragile. so be careful.

What I personally haven't actually investigated properly, is whether the bodysuits on the Marmits tend to deteriorate at all after being boxed up for so long - seeing they're quite old now, when potentially buying one MIB.

Can someone please clarify that for me?

The only problem I had with my Marmit Sandtrooper regarding the body suit is that the stitching kind of failed on the legs. Hard to see once assembled though, and you could easily redo it if want to.

The Medicom VCD Imperial trio:

medicomvcdimperialtroop.jpg

Incidentally, the "thumb print" on the left upper arm armor is there to identify it as "left" so you don't confuse it with the right piece.

The lines painted on the side tubes of the helmet are the wrong color on the Sandtrooper - they've made them black instead of blue. The "mic tips" lack silver paint and are too long on both figures. On the Stormtrooper you have to cut and install them yourself, so I suppose you could cut them a little shorter. As has been mentioned before, the details on many of the armor pieces are a little soft. IMO, this would make recasting problematic without significant re-sculpting.

I need to pick up some vinyl "glue" to put them together, so that won't be happening for a while still.

You also need to get a hair dryer close by. As for the mic tips they don't really need silver paint. It all depends on how the original mic tips were finished up, some were still with white behind the metal mesh, some had black paint spills inside. Plus is an easier fix than on SS mic-tips.

And remember these were released in 2000 and since then SS could have made an improved sculpt of their own figures. It never happened. And Marmits still stand against SS with pride.

Mine have been in their boxes since 2000 when they were made. They seem fine. I have inspected the Sandtrooper out of box and the Stormtrooper so far only visually. Neither seems discolored in any way either. The body has a slight yellow tint to it on the Stormtrooper, but nothing I'm concerned about.

The only problem I had with my Marmit Sandtrooper regarding the body suit is that the stitching kind of failed on the legs. Hard to see once assembled though, and you could easily redo it if want to.
Cheers gentlemen. :duff

Yeah, so.. nothing's perfect, as we'd all agree. Incidentally, has anyone tried swapping the Marmit bodysuit out for the SSC one at all?

Anyway - my hope is that HT get to do their versions of the Sandie & Stormie one of these days.. :pray:

Got the Marmits in-hand now, very nice. Without taking them out of their packaging, initial impressions are of a high-end toy, compared to Sideshow's that look like a high end collectible. They will need closer inspection to be fully appreciated I think.

I hope to take some detail images and post them if anyone is interested.

Like someone said on another thread: "SSC products are mid-end collectibles for high-end prices these days" ;)

Like someone said on another thread: "SSC products are mid-end collectibles for high-end prices these days" ;)

I agree with that. The only SSC products I have are the Sandtroopers, and a Snowtrooper on order - and I only intend to pick up the rest of the vintage troopers and perhaps their C-3PO (the one co-produced by Tama). I'm not a fan of SSC's other lines as I don't think they hold up to the releases by other companies such as Hot Toys.

That said, SSC's aftermarket (ebay and similar) prices are where the premiums really lie. The pricing of their vintage troopers on first release, by comparison to many other lines, were somewhat reasonable, maxing out at $130.

In my opinion the best Sideshow OT armored trooper is the Snowtrooper, not perfect, but better than SS Stormies and Sandies.

I received a cool assembled Marmit TIE Fighter Pilot figure which had some assembly issues though, thus it needed some delicate repairing and repainting on the armor and helmet. The figure is now fixed in most part and the Pilot joined his fellow troopers on my shelf. For those not knowing it seems the Marmit figure is a ROTJ Pilot, and the Medicom figure, Gentle Giant bust, and Attakus statue (the Attakus has a huge chest-box LOL) are all ANH.

marmittiefighterpilot05.jpg

marmittiefighterpilot09.jpg

Cheers gentlemen. :duff

Yeah, so.. nothing's perfect, as we'd all agree. Incidentally, has anyone tried swapping the Marmit bodysuit out for the SSC one at all?

Anyway - my hope is that HT get to do their versions of the Sandie & Stormie one of these days.. :pray:

Yep. I did that with both of my Marmits, but I put them on a TT Slim body. The legs are a bit longer on the TT, largely because I cut the boots so they could stand and pose better.

I received a cool assembled Marmit TIE Fighter Pilot figure which had some assembly issues though, thus it needed some delicate repairing and repainting on the armor and helmet. The figure is now fixed in most part and the Pilot joined his fellow troopers on my shelf. For those not knowing it seems the Marmit figure is a ROTJ Pilot, and the Medicom figure, Gentle Giant bust, and Attakus statue (the Attakus has a huge chest-box LOL) are all ANH.

Nice buddy!!

Crap... I just had a closer look at my Marmit Tie Pilot. He's missing his comm pad. I guess I can always make one.

Back