Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just recently started collecting sideshow collectibles and have started building a droid army. I currently only have 4 battle droid but plan to expand it eventually with maybe more droids, an OOM - 9 droid commander, and any other droids that are released in the future.
img95201304079522431095.jpg

img20130407224519879.jpg

img95201304079522445995.jpg

Last edited:
Yup. The piece that's all one is the entire mid section. Abs, cod piece, kidney, and but plate are all held together with a sculpted belt and all one piece. The only thing I don't like about the Marmit kits. If I could somehow mold and cast each of those individually and cast a SS belt I'd be a happy man.

Ahh, right - gotcha!

I've seen enough of them in their boxes, but I obviously didn't catch onto that properly.

I had in my head that the hip / belt area was separate to the torso - it's how you worded it too.

What did you do exactly - mod wise?

I cut the belt away from the cod piece and the abs. But I used the Marmit belt, cod piece and the SSC abs.

In other modded Marmits I still used the Marmit Abs. But separated the belt and cod piece....in addition to the boots from the shin armor.

Yeah, cool Solo. :duff

I should've quoted you before my question there, but you were onto it quick enough. :wink1:

Yeah, cool man! :duff

I also painted the armor. I recommend giving the armor a grey base coat, then go with flat white. You can use other paint to give it a wash. I used a wash to make it look yellowed and dirty..then I gloss coated it with that floor wax coating....then used Tamiya weathering stick by way of wet sponge...I used soot.

Hi everyone; new to these boards and 1/6 in general; apologies if this question is in the wrong area:

I'm restoring a Medicom stormtrooper...the brittle plastic on the body has more or less fallen apart (one ankle, both shoulders).

Is there a body experienced customizers absolutely recommend?

I'm leaning towards the Medicom Naked 2 because I've read accounts that it's more durable and fits identically to the stormtrooper's original body...but I've heard talk of the True Type Slim a lot?

I'm a little lost there.

Other than that, I'm going to swap out the body suit and customize the helmet so it looks more like the ANH stunt helmet, and I'm wondering if those Hot Toys head sculpts I see are likely to fit on the Naked 2?

Any answers are much appreciated, I've never done this before. :dunno

Truetype (Hot Toys' body) is going to be too large for the Medicom armor - the Medicom trooper is mis-proportioned and small, so best to replace with a compatible Medi body.

Not sure what Hot Toys head sculpt you're referring to, as there's never been a Hot Toys trooper - maybe you mean the Sideshow ones?

Truetype (Hot Toys' body) is going to be too large for the Medicom armor -

The TT slims have been mentioned in several threads I remember scanning through, but maybe that was in reference to Marmits, been a while. I suppose I can take a chance on the quality of the Medicom Naked 2s...

Not sure what Hot Toys head sculpt you're referring to, as there's never been a Hot Toys trooper - maybe you mean the Sideshow ones?

There are several Hot Toys head sculpts offered for sale here and there, was wondering if they're compatible (with more or less minimal customizing) with various neck posts; Medicom amongst them.

I guess I'll have to spend some time combing through old threads and see what turns up.

Thanks for the reply!

There was someone swapping the medicoms over to a slim. I'm sure there's pics on here somewhere but they did look really nice.

Guys a quick question, I was digging in my storage unit for stuff to sale and found an old Sideshow Clone trooper Phase numero uno. Are those rare? What is the current price range I could obtain for one?
Thx

Guys a quick question, I was digging in my storage unit for stuff to sale and found an old Sideshow Clone trooper Phase numero uno. Are those rare? What is the current price range I could obtain for one?
Thx

Generally speaking, like $125-130. Cheapest would be like $100-110.

Back