Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, the figure overall is very nice. I've decided to get mine exchanged rather than refunded, I may well pick up another at some point.

Some of the armor doesn't seem quite up to snuff but the chest and cod piece are much better. The helmet seems better overall, with the ears and aerators a lot better. It might get embarrasing if Sideshow decides to come out with a deluxe Stormtrooper of some kind as it will most likely be a hundred $$$ more than this if not more.

It doesn't hurt that this was overseen by Disney,who has all the reference material anyone could possibly ever hope for/want.

Got my shipping notice from Disney today, looking forward to adding this to my collection as a stand alone piece.

I was trying to look these up online and dont see them at the disney store................link?

I waited for Lando and the Emperor before taking this pictures...

IMG_1873_zps5110db6d.jpg
IMG_1864_zps6e108d18.jpg
IMG_1865_zps73e2d0ea.jpg
IMG_1871_zpsacef885c.jpg

I'm sticking to the original trilogy. So The Hoth series are already on Flex payment and hoping for the new R2 also.

Cheers

Awesome collection. Love the "heroes" display. Now R2 is coming, i'm just waiting for Chewy to be revealed so i can take a similar shot.

The entire helmet is immediately noticeable as a far better sculpt. :lol

Indeed it is, seems Disney was somehow inspired by the MR CE or eFX PCR helmet, which are better than the SS sculpt, despite the symmetry. The overal shape of the Disney helmet is much better than SS.

Its a damn shame ain't it?

I would have bought the hell out if them if they were 12 inches.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

As a standalone piece it will look very cool. Cannot wait for mine to arrive.

Disney yapping Stormtrooper just arrived, a pretty cool 13" figure, very interesting to see its helmet which for a toy is more accurate than high end Sideshow 1:6 or 1:4 versions:

DisneyTalkingStormtrooperset.jpg

DisneyTalkingStormtrooper04.jpg

They're just such natural looking proportions too - very HT TT-ish. :lecture

The SSC figure doesn't mirror that at all - let alone the paddle-ball bat feet, & crotch armour that looks like Rick Moranis took his shrink ray to it. :lol

The knees look wonky on this guy - serious case of knock-knees. My Hasbro 12" has the same issue , especially with the left knee (and I've gone through three or 4 troopers from Hasbro because of it).

Back