Should the Customs and group interest section be made private?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a thought, it might be best if we stop talking about it for awhile, let Dave make decisions, and not fuel the argument with any more info on sculpts and sculptors who offer things we want.

That way no one can copy and paste any more info to the powers that be about our "hobby"
( assuming that the leak came from here )

:goodpost::exactly::chillpill:

Time will work its miracle...

And yeah, the PM space is a drag...

Seems like we're back to business as usual around here, so I think we're good.

EDIT - I take that back, just read Xeno's Dexter thread. Man those Dexter execs don't F around.

Last edited:
I think everyone is just panicking a bit right now. The only reason this happened is because Trevor is employed by Sideshow, and obviously someone saw that as a conflict of interest and made it known to the "suits." I really don't see this becoming a regularly occurring issue as 99% of the people offering customs here are not employed by big collectible companies.
:clap:goodpost:

If you actual read the C&D letter that Xeno posted, you'd find that they don't have an issue with him selling the sculpt. They want him to not use their copy written photo's or names or to market it as a 'Dexter' sculpt. That's all. Maybe it was the same with Trevor's sculpt as well, but as to not step on toes he pulled the plug completely. Who knows?

But if you haven't noticed, Customs is no longer listed on the forums home page. You have to access it through Galleries now. So it's kinda hidden now... Kinda'.

Yes, I was wrong. Felt the need to be a jerk about it did ya?

No actually wasnt aware of the Xeno situation didnt even make it to the last page when I posted. I do feel that stems from the Trevor Grove piece it only opened Showtimes eyes abit more to the Dexter pieces I dont think anyone outside of Showtime related pieces have anything to worry about but who knows:dunno.

No actually wasnt aware of the Xeno situation didnt even make it to the last page when I posted. I do feel that stems from the Trevor Grove piece it only opened Showtimes eyes abit more to the Dexter pieces I dont think anyone outside of Showtime related pieces have anything to worry about but who knows:dunno.

Sorry about that, thought you were having a go. Guess I'm a little touchy tonight.

I'm shocked by the Xeno thing though. never seen this happen in all the years I've been here. Hopefully it's just an isolated thing with Dexter.

Sorry about that, thought you were having a go. Guess I'm a little touchy tonight.

I'm shocked by the Xeno thing though. never seen this happen in all the years I've been here. Hopefully it's just an isolated thing with Dexter.

No worrys bro I rarely post and when I do I dont look for drama just geniunly concerned with the situation

Personally I still think that a memebers only area would help maters somewhat. :(

After what's happened to Xeno and now Kato, I'm changing my mind about about the privacy thing. Maybe stuff for sale should only be allowed in the interest/sales section, and that section should have some kind of privacy restrictions? :dunno I still don't think this is going to become a huge issue, but it's apparent that it is becoming an issue.

Not necessarily. I belong to other forums where certain parts of it are locked down, and thats nothing to do with whats been going on here.

Also whats the alternative? Carry on inviting the outside world to come on in and bite certain folks on the ass now and again?

Not necessarily. I belong to other forums where certain parts of it are locked down, and thats nothing to do with whats been going on here.

Also whats the alternative? Carry on inviting the outside world to come on in and protect their trademark properties again?

Guess it's up to The Dark One. :dunno

I haven't read the whole thread, but I'll weigh in. I won't be making the custom forum private.

One of the appeals of this entire forum and one of the reasons I created the board was so people could show their original art to others. And that is still okay here - there is no infringement unless you try to sell it. So I still encourage artists to post their work.

It has always been the policy of this forum that bootleg items of any kind are not allowed, whether it's a recast or an original sculpt. I've followed guidance from Sideshow and have shut down any sales of full figures that could be perceived to infringe on their licenses.

So we will allow people to show their work - but this site cannot be part of soliciting sales of unlicensed product.

But really, this instance has to down to Trevor's status as a sculptor. If the C&D was only about money being made without permission, I don't see why a very cheaply priced sculpt of his would bring down the wrath, whereas Rainman's is MUCH more and went by with no problem.

It's taking them a while to get around to all of them - Rainman's has been cited and I've removed the thread.

Perhaps a set number of posts in the customs forum.

looselips.jpg
No way. I've only started visiting the customs section within the past year. I don't have that many post there but in the amount of time I've been there I've bought a number of things from customizers. I don't want to lose that option.

Back