Should the Customs and group interest section be made private?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sueworld

Super Freak
Reaction score
After discussions over on another thread I thought I'd take the liberty of starting up a discussion thread about after the recent 'problems' certain artists have had that maybe the custom interest and sales area should be permanently locked down and made private and where only members who have a posted a certain number of times can have access too?

Perhaps a set number of posts in the customs forum.

looselips.jpg

Yes i totally agree , they should make it private and only Freak Members that have been members for 6 months with over 300 posts can only access it :clap :goodpost:

It wouldn't be infallible, but I think It would help matters in the future a great deal.

You want a number high enough to make it a real pain in the --- for someone who's just snooping. 50 might be good.

But Dave is going to have to think this through and decide. Might as well not get too carried away with details until he weighs in.

You want a number high enough to make it a real pain in the --- for someone who's just snooping. 50 might be good.

But Dave is going to have to think this through and decide. Might as well not get too carried away with details until he weighs in.

Yes, thats what I thought too, but I thought I'd set up this thread just to get folks thinking and to attract the Mods attention. :lol:

I hope this could be implemented. Most certainly would be nice for the artists here to feel more comfortable and not get discouraged of starting projects with fear of bring harassed.

I'm thinking 25 at most, we have several members like me who only post when there is a custom they really like, or when they themselves have a new custom. I was brought over here, more so because I wanted a sculpt than anything else. If there was a really large post requirement, I wouldn't have bothered, and wouldn't have posted. Because, I'd have just been spamming to post in one thread. I mean after almost 3 years I only have around 500 posts.

Well It might act as an incentive for some then really. I mean folks can post comments on all sorts of threads out there and quite quickly get up a count.

Thing is imo it would have to be a reasonable post count to de-sway certain types of 'nosy' non fans that end up being really from professional companies.

25 may be too low though. The whole point is to prevent someone who is just lingering around. That's why we're trying to find the magic number where if they posted that much, they pretty much are interested.

Its not trying to prevent new people, its just making sure its not someone that's only here to harass someone.

How about a post number and/or time requirement for the interest section and leave the general custom section alone?

One problem I forsee with locking down the customs section with a post count requirement is that it might discourage new sculptors from joining.

Back