Should I sell most of my Marvel Collection for a CM Predator?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I sell most of my Marvel collection for a CM Predator?

• Total voters
who is this SquiderM3!?.......MARVELites, are you thinking what I'm thinking!?....

800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png

who is this SquiderM3!?.......MARVELites, are you thinking what I'm thinking!?....

800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png

jinxx, ....you've never been exposed to forum member SquiderM3's Thread!?

Holy crap are you in for a treat, mark my words...

You WILL be lost in there for hours, and happy for it I might add and you WILL always revisit his collection hoping that SM3 aquired another new item!

You're going to Canadian Disney!

Last edited:
I say find an extra job at night at the Zoo or as a night guard and save the money for a Cm Predator. To be honest, as much as I like CMP I like to have my pieces all 1/4 scale so unless I get a lot of extra money, I will wait for a 1/4 scale predator in the future. I know SS already has one, but it is about $2000 so i'll wait for another one.... Maybe a Premium Format....

jinxx, ....you've never been exposed to forum member SquiderM3's Thread!?

Holy crap are you in for a treat, mark my words...

You WILL be lost in there for hours, and happy for it I might add and you WILL always revisit his collection.

You're going to Canadian Disney!

...wait, I think I've seen his collection. Albertan guy who amassed all those orgasmic grails under a year!?.........sounds about right.

I say if you love the predator license more than Marvel. then it's worth to change your collection.

But if you love Marvel more but just think the CM Pred is way too cool. then don't do it. eventually, they'll be a CM you love even more that's Marvel then you'd want to change your collection all over again.

Im a marvel guy all the way so I vote for marvel. By the way what is cm predator and more specifically "CM" and is there a picture. Is this a 1/2 scale piece. I know a lot of questions but I would like to make an informed vote.

Im a marvel guy all the way so I vote for marvel. By the way what is cm predator and more specifically "CM" and is there a picture. Is this a 1/2 scale piece. I know a lot of questions but I would like to make an informed vote.

CM stands for Cinemaquette. I believe they are a part of Toynami and they create high end statues from various films like Terminator, Predator, and so on.

The Cinemaquette Predator is 1/3 scale and was sculpted by Steve Wang who worked on the original Predator design for the first film. The cinemaquette is his idealized vision of what the Predator should be, so it does not match perfectly to the film's original design.

cinemaquette-predator-statue-and-steve-wang.jpg

CM stands for Cinemaquette. I believe they are a part of Toynami and they create high end statues from various films like Terminator, Predator, and so on.

The Cinemaquette Predator is 1/3 scale and was sculpted by Steve Wang who worked on the original Predator design for the first film. The cinemaquette is his idealized vision of what the Predator should be, so it does not match perfectly to the film's original design.

cinemaquette-predator-statue-and-steve-wang.jpg

Looks cool but IMHO you cant beat marvel characters.

exactly...What so great about the Predator? Its a cool design and the cinemaquette Pred is definitely their most amazing statue,but the character itself is just an average Alien that looks like a crab.

All of Marvel characters = Immortal Legends...

I am a Marvel fan first when it comes to these collectables and I have most of the statues you named. I have to say that the CM pred is my most impressive piece. If it were me I would get rid of most of those pieces you named to get the Predator. The CIM is an easy choice since your getting the 1/2 scale Iron Man. I would say the Cap PF would be the hardest to get rid of out of those choice's.

Would you keep the Ironchild order? I just thought about a display with the CM pred on one corner.. Ironchild on the other. All other Marvel Pf's in the middle!

Id keep the Hulk, and throw the Wolvie in instead and go for it ... :monkey1

Would you keep the Ironchild order? I just thought about a display with the CM pred on one corner.. Ironchild on the other. All other Marvel Pf's in the middle!

Yup, IC is definately going to be in my collection.

I'm liking the idea of 2 high end pieces like IC and CM P framing my collection.

It's not so much that all of a sudden I decided to follow the low quantity yet high quality ideology because at the end of the day, many of these "smaller" 1/4 scale pieces like Cap, CIM, Hulk PF, A-bom and so on and so forth are bad ass and must own pieces hence why I will not sell Hulk and Thor PF and Wolv Comi. Those i'm just waiting to sell until they announce 1:2 Scale Cap, Thor and Hulk.....then they're gone :lol

It's just simple economics for me.

In a perfect world I wouldn't sell anything and still get me some CM Predator loving...I love you long time.....:eek:

But, times are tough and tough decisions need to be made.

Thanks for the FB.

Id keep the Hulk, and throw the Wolvie in instead and go for it ... :monkey1

Wolvey must stay because:

A. My 1st SS piece, sentimental reasons
B. I don't have the original boxes and those blades would never survive shipping....The piece should've been named Wolvey and his wimpy blades...c'mon SS....:lol

Hulk PF is definately staying put until I have to sell him for a 1:2 SS Hulk......hint hint SS....oh ok, i'll settle for the Hulk Communistquette :naughty

It's my Custom Hulk going bye bye.

Last edited:
Back