Shaun Of The Dead!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm going to end up cancelling these.

I LOVE the movie, but I'm still not feeling these... especially at the pricepoint.

And like several others I have sold off and bailed out on the DEAD line.

I like how the figures look and can't wait to get them... my guess is these will be the only 2 we'll see from SOTD. But if you can only have 2 figures these are the ones to have :rock

I'm working on my painting skills nightly, so hopefully I can fix anything too crazy from the factory (my ROTS Obi Wan had some funky, red skin condition). Flesh tones are coming along great, but eyes are really challenging. I'm trying to find some really tiny brushes but it's slim pickings at Pearl and AC Moore.
I'm also thinking about a thin layer of Sculpey bits over the exposed limbs to try to make them a bit more realistic.
I'm just still so surprised that these exist, not to mention the low priduction run, that I couldn't cancel them!

Cancelled them awhile ago... but ordered the regulars from my friendly Canadian on-line retailer to save some $$$. Shame we'll probably not see anymore from this line.

Unless the "Dead" SDCC variant is a Shaun of the DEAD Zombie Ed variant. Could be a long shot, but who knows at this point?

I very much doubt that.

It's gonna be a Babysitter variant... or perhaps a properly painted Subject 805 (but I doubt that, too).

I very much doubt that.

It's gonna be a Babysitter variant... or perhaps a properly painted Subject 805 (but I doubt that, too).

I'm 90% sure it will be a Patient Zero variant. But with the Babysitter hitting soon, and how quickly we got an 805 variant, the Babysitter is a strong possibility now.

I cant wait to get these figures. I dont see why everyone is canceling them. I think they look fantastic. I would love to see a SDCC exclusive one but a babysitter variant sounds awesome too.

Are these delayed again?

The Newsletter says they've been delayed until June, and that doesn't necessarily conflict with the notice we got a few days ago, BUT they weren't listed in the "next 30 days" section.

I seem to remember something (I think it was the first two "T2" figures) being delayed after the notices were sent out.

Got a 10-12 day notice, sooo my guess is they will ship the first week of June... so the newsletter's probably accurate.

Got a 10-12 day notice, sooo my guess is they will ship the first week of June... so the newsletter's probably accurate.

Well, like I said, the newsletter doesn't list them as "coming in the next 30 days" so if the newsletter is accurate then they can't be coming when the notices said they were.

There's a conflict between the notices and the newsletter, that's my whole point.

Notices: 15-20 days from 5/19: June 8 at the latest
Newsletter: Not within 30 days of May 22: June 22 at the earliest.

See? They don't match up.

and the Newsletter says they've been delayed until June, and coming out in late June would fit with that AND be a definite delay based on those notices.

The 10-12 day notices are usually more reliable than the newsletter... stuff in that doesn't always get updated/ or the info is out of date by the time it goes up. And many times a product is never listed in the 30 day section yet arrives less than 30 days later.

My feeling (and I could certainly be wrong) is they'll be shipping out w/in the next 3 weeks or so, at least from past experience.

I hate to say this but I had to cancel my orders. :(
It came down to either these or the Hobbits, and it's pretty easy to choose between the two. Hope to get them later at retail.

If these end up looking better than the protos then I'll nab them but I just hate the looks on their faces, would have preferred a Bland Vanilla look.

I guess some may call me sucker, but I really want Shaun of the Dead 1/6 figures so I was pretty much going to buy these no matter what, yes I would of liked different/better head sculpts, but I don't hate them and I'm more or less fine with it.

Back