Premium Format Shaak Ti Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, wiring is never an ever lasting component..., this statue does look good lit up though.

The new statues are easier to make the lights work. The ones that is so difficult is chicken leg maul, and Aayla. Both will go out in the future again I predict. I did get replacements for both of them.

Sideshow could easily remedy the issue by selling spare parts. The only real non replaceable part is the saber. The rest can be user replaced as the wiring inside the statue unless broken will probably never be an issue. Switches, base wiring, and power supplies are easy enough to fix if you have the skills and are willing to open up the base. I would much rather worry about some day not having a working light than to have never had it in the 1st place.

The tube within my Shaak-Ti's lightsaber shattered when I was moving her and Sideshow didn't have any replacements. It was a real bummer.

The tube within my Shaak-Ti's lightsaber shattered when I was moving her and Sideshow didn't have any replacements. It was a real bummer.

They definitely need to be looking at having a replacement parts department, I'm sure they'd make plenty of money out of it & at the same time offering a service that will be appreciated.

They definitely need to be looking at having a replacement parts department, I'm sure they'd make plenty of money out of it & at the same time offering a service that will be appreciated.

Plus it would sell more statues in the first place, as people would not be worried about it failing on them.

The issue is definitely somewhere in the base running to her arm. I replaced the saber hand several times and make sure it was connecting. I'm not sure I feel comfortable with attempting to open the base. I guess I will be displaying her with the non-lit lightsaber from now on...:dunno

I don't know why they didn't design the lightsabers to be easily replaceable. It's not like they aren't going to make any more Jedi or Sith characters. And technology is improving. I don't have the Jedi Luke PF. But I know people seeing the newer lightsabers would want that for Jedi Luke.

The blades should be removable or the entire lightsaber.

I don't know why they didn't design the lightsabers to be easily replaceable. It's not like they aren't going to make any more Jedi or Sith characters. And technology is improving. I don't have the Jedi Luke PF. But I know people seeing the newer lightsabers would want that for Jedi Luke.

The blades should be removable or the entire lightsaber.
They could just sell the whole hand, it would be easy, just make more of what was already produced.

Crack that base open Grendel, heat the bottom cover and peel it off. Worst case you just glue the cover back on if you can't find the problem.

Or they could just like make something that you know, worked, and not require us to buy more **** to get it properly.

No but LED lights last a damn sight longer then this. I know because I have a few things done by people on the RPF board with LED and Fiber Optic lighting which are working many many years later even when I leave them on for months at a time.

No but LED lights last a damn sight longer then this. I know because I have a few things done by people on the RPF board with LED and Fiber Optic lighting which are working many many years later even when I leave them on for months at a time.
Depends on the brand. I have had plenty of LEDs from China stop working quickly. Most of the failures on these SS pieces are not the actual light, it is from physical breakage or switch/wiring issues. These fluorescent tubes should last a decent amount of time, but it would be nice to know you can get another if you want to keep it on for extended periods.

If anyone has a spare wired skirt, please message me. The wires popped out of mine and the material started to tear. :(

Alternatively, if anyone knows someone who could make something similar, please give me their contact information. Thanks!

Back