SDCC Cobra Commander?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:doh Seems like I knew about that one. I'm a little out of loop when it comes to Cons especially the Summer ones.

Dragon*Con is kinda like that, but as irish said, it's become kinda... less con more 4 day club. Dragon con is too damn expensive for what it is, and it was alot more awesome about 6 years ago. I can do the same things I do at dragon con for alot cheaper just by going to a few concerts and clubs.
About the onl thing I do at dragon con anymore is go the the Cruxshadows concert. Besides that, I guess If I wanted to buy a ^^^^^ pump, or a fetish catsuit, that would be the place to go.

R.I.P. Dragon*Con. R.I.P.

I guess if I had the money to do more than one Con a year I'd not mind so much, but as i only get to go to one, and with oney being as tight as it is now, Dragon Con is my only option.

Well... I've made up my mind.. no CCC for me... I'll wait for the Helmet Cobra Comander, Varients stink! :)

If you were going to include a staff it'd have to be Jafarian as a previous poster said the standard Pimp Cane just wouldn't vibe.

Battle of the Capes

picture.php

If you were going to include a staff it'd have to be Jafarian as a previous poster said the standard Pimp Cane just wouldn't vibe.

They really should have. I mean, when didn't Cobra Commander have a cane/staff when he had his cape on?

cobra-commander-destro-zartan.jpg

5379890.jpg

Then again, he was blue and helmet masked.

SSC needs to work on their glasses before taking on the Baroness. Not happy with the way Toht's look.

I still don't see how that would've been hard to do in 1:6. :huh

I don't thoink it is. i think the problem is/was the misguided idea that makeing the joes look more "real world" is a good idea.
Stormshadow was made in such a way that he's a Clear Tribute to his 1980's design, and he sold out much faster than Cobra commander. I really think they're going to slowly move away from that idea as they see what Sells. As fun as I'm sure it is for their design team to get to play with the joe designs, Reinventing the wheel is not nessacary. And you need not fix that which is not broke. Resolute cobra commander is a FANTASTIC example of a good update on a classic design. One day, i'm sure they'll revist the commander, and we will get the version with the mirrored mask.

I don't thoink it is. i think the problem is/was the misguided idea that makeing the joes look more "real world" is a good idea.
Stormshadow was made in such a way that he's a Clear Tribute to his 1980's design, and he sold out much faster than Cobra commander. I really think they're going to slowly move away from that idea as they see what Sells. As fun as I'm sure it is for their design team to get to play with the joe designs, Reinventing the wheel is not nessacary. And you need not fix that which is not broke. Resolute cobra commander is a FANTASTIC example of a good update on a classic design. One day, i'm sure they'll revist the commander, and we will get the version with the mirrored mask.

I agree and disagree, if i understand your post correctly.
I kind of like the approach of going with a 'real world' look, while staying in tune with the comic book/cartoon throwback, where it might fit.

However, giving Storm Shadow sneakers, a la new fiasco movie, would be a bad idea. But an update to some weapons would be a decent move. A Cobra Trooper with AK-47/74s is one thing, but adding additional features is cool.

Cobra Commander with his helmet (not Battle Helmet version) would be cool, but not detract too much. Some things can be modernized, but some cannot.

I agree and disagree, if i understand your post correctly.
I kind of like the approach of going with a 'real world' look, while staying in tune with the comic book/cartoon throwback, where it might fit.

However, giving Storm Shadow sneakers, a la new fiasco movie, would be a bad idea. But an update to some weapons would be a decent move. A Cobra Trooper with AK-47/74s is one thing, but adding additional features is cool.

Cobra Commander with his helmet (not Battle Helmet version) would be cool, but not detract too much. Some things can be modernized, but some cannot.

You hit the nail on the head, and got EXACTLY what i meant.

Back